Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WA were are ya all

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA
I've got a few questions
-do the rocker cover bolts have to be tightened in any particular order and to any particular torque? there probably is a specfied torque...most are 2.2 ft lb.....just over finger tight, lets say about a 1/4 turn after finger tight. as for sequence I dont know...is it in the pdf you have? ....when it doubt use a criss cross method

-How do you turn the engine over by hand? I've read 2 different DIY's and they differ? sometimes I just put the car in gear and rock it back and forth till its done what i need at the time....then take it out of gear

-I had a quick look at the 4g93 engine pdf thing thats floating around the forum and it says to use a sealant in particular spots around the rocker cover gasket.
How much should be used? a thinish smear...if there is too much it will just squeeze out

should there be any used around the half moon thing.....yep

or spark plug seals? yep

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

chris123

chris123

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
Okie doke cheers. Is there any other method of turning the engine over, your way sounds too difficult haha.

One DIY says to rotate the engine with a 17mm openend wrench on the cam sprocket bolt. This sounds easy except i don't know where this bolt is. pic anybody?
C H R I S

94 GSR lancer
Catback, pod

:D

3zercrowd

3zercrowd

Donating Member

• Administrators
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • LocationTownsville

I've got a few questions
-do the rocker cover bolts have to be tightened in any particular order and to any particular torque? there probably is a specfied torque...most are 2.2 ft lb.....just over finger tight, lets say about a 1/4 turn after finger tight. as for sequence I dont know...is it in the pdf you have? ....when it doubt use a criss cross method

-How do you turn the engine over by hand? I've read 2 different DIY's and they differ? sometimes I just put the car in gear and rock it back and forth till its done what i need at the time....then take it out of gear

-I had a quick look at the 4g93 engine pdf thing thats floating around the forum and it says to use a sealant in particular spots around the rocker cover gasket.
How much should be used? a thinish smear...if there is too much it will just squeeze out

should there be any used around the half moon thing.....yep

or spark plug seals? yep

3.5Nm Very low.....

Use the sealant around the whole gasket surface but not too much. Put a generous amount around the half moon and corners of the rocker cover, eg. the cam shaft contours.
:lol: QUOTE OF THE YEAR>>>

BTW... does anyone else have a sore ass??

Dane/Lancer GSR

12.315@109.75MPH!!!

STILL Needs more Kilowatts!

Members rides> http://4gtuner.com/s...read.php?t=1910

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA
I take it that you are going to do the lifters ......if that be the case then use the spanner spot that is on the cams.

the cam sprocket attaching bolt is under the cam belt cover at the front of the engine. I dont like using these as it is possible you can loosen...or overtighten them in the process.

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users