Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Automatic Window Regulator and Motor

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

morechunch

morechunch

• Donating Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE USA

1994 Mitsubishi RVR Sport Gear, passenger side window.  Motor is still good, but the regulator popped on the south side of the pulley.  I don't think it's worth the time to try and fit the 94 motor to a regulator, any suggestions on a compatible new assembly? 

DIY til ya die.

morechunch

morechunch

• Donating Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE USA

Currently I have the window propped up with spring clamps that are big enough to not drop any further than the rain guards.  Not a great fix, but I have parked it under a bright light with a very visible security camera, emptied the van and opened the glove box, so hopefully that is enough deterrent from anyone trying to pull the window down.  I don't have a garage.  I love the visibility in this van, by the way.

EDIT: And before anyone chastises me for not seeing this coming, the window worked fine the first couple days.  The failure could not have been predicted, unless low power to the system could cause it...  It is a piece of plastic that just couldn't hold together anymore.  I would also like to replace the driver side, since I can predict it now.

Edited by morechunch, 30 June 2022 - 02:49 AM.

DIY til ya die.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
I would think that a nimbus might fit. But these parts are getting more difficult to find. If it's only the plastic pulley, I'm sure one could be sourced from pretty much any vehicle, and the pulley rivet replaced with a bolt.
Or 3d print something.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

morechunch

morechunch

• Donating Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE USA

It's been a drag.  I am in the US, so it's not something I can go to the junkyard for.  But your suggestion of just replacing the pulley sounds reasonable, the motor isn't bad.  As long as the pulley works and is clipped and crimped with the right lengths, any pully should work.

DIY til ya die.

penngwyne

penngwyne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationNaracoorte SA

I know it's a bit late but did you find the bits?

If you were visiting a junk yard I would have suggested looking for an Eagle Talon?? (I think)

Still love the RVR but am paranoid about little noises

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users