Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

rvr back from a "blackhole"

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

jumbo63t

jumbo63t

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Locationkatoomba

i purchased this low kms (76k kms)auto rvr hsg around 7 years ago...
i bought some kyb sr special shocks  and RSR springs and an evo 8 brembo kit (+ caliper adapters from racefab)
then stupidly i took it to a local mechanic where it was placed on a hoist and virtually nothing happened for 6.5 years; despite my questions and receiving continued reassurances that it would be sorted...retardly i gave old mate the benefit of the doubt for way too long.. still 3/5s of fuck all movement as far as progress with the rvr..so it got to the point whereby i arranged a tow truck to collect it to take it somewhere the job would actually get done....
2 weeks later it was back on the road with rego, brembos and its aftermarket suspension and an aeromotive fuel pump...

since getting it back it has received recaro sr3 front seats, cusco camber plates and front +rear strut braces, whiteline camber bolts, clear side indicators and evo 7 steering wheel..
a Blitz SBC is installed but i don't know if has been setup to control boost

presently it's getting a 3" stainless exhaust system along with a turbo upgrade (td0516g) and 510cc injectors and a manual rvr ecu to handle things..

feedback welcomed

20210814_162235.jpg 20210809_143833.jpg

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney
Evo 7 ecu would be a lot better upgrade and, considering how cheap they are, it is well worth upgrade. Also, tuning becomes unlimited giving you opportunity to keep upgrading any parts you wish.
Lancer Evolution 7 GSR '01

jumbo63t

jumbo63t

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Locationkatoomba

thanks for the suggestion ...how fiddly is the evo 7 ecu to use in the rvr?
i just went with the manual rvr ecu as it seemed the simplest solution.. admittedly it's not really future-proofing mods-wise 

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney
It is easy to do. Rvr plugs will plug into 7 ecu so all it needs to be done is swap some pins and of you go
Manual rvr ecu can also be tuned but you need to solder eprom saddle to be able to plug in rewritable chip.

Btw. TCU can also be tuned but unless box is built there is not mutch you can tune except for shift points so that it doesn't go into higher gear too early.

I should have few posts here for all of this. Do a search and you should find it.
It's been a long time since I played with rvr

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney
https://www.4gtuner....ar-rvr-done-it/

jumbo63t

jumbo63t

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Locationkatoomba

thanks for the insights--->i'd be more than happy to give you the rvr to play with....and to work your magic with...this covid BS kinda screws that idea

jumbo63t

jumbo63t

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Locationkatoomba

this a decent option : Evo 7 ECU with Ecutek licence | Engine, Engine Parts & Transmission | Gumtree Australia Adelaide City - Adelaide CBD | 1254849998 ?

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney

thanks for the insights--->i'd be more than happy to give you the rvr to play with....and to work your magic with...this covid BS kinda screws that idea

All I can say is.......one day mate

Stay safe

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney

this a decent option : Evo 7 ECU with Ecutek licence | Engine, Engine Parts & Transmission | Gumtree Australia Adelaide City - Adelaide CBD | 1254849998 ?

Don't need ecutek licence. 7 ecu is good enough on it's own.
I'm pretty sure ecutek tune doesn't affect it. It can still be flashed back with stock 7 bin. Not 100% sure tho.

Btw. $250 is good price

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney
Also, I know someone from Liverpool that has spare 7 ecu for sale for $250.
We hooked up his vr4 with one and tuned it on SD. Now he's waiting for auto box to build because it keeps braking his manual transmission.

jumbo63t

jumbo63t

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Locationkatoomba

next question: apologies in advance if this has been answered elsewhere.. which model of nimbus should i be looking at to source a rear bar from to be gone with the spare wheel carrier??? cheers!

jumbo63t

jumbo63t

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Locationkatoomba

nevermind..i assume i'm after a uf nimbus rear bumper? anyone got one they can sell to me? cheers!

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW

nevermind..i assume i'm after a uf nimbus rear bumper? anyone got one they can sell to me? cheers!

Pretty sure that's the correct model.
I got one for a member years back for the same purpose.

Have you tried local wrecker / pick a part?

Probably not too many around these days
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users