Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

4g93 engine miss

- - - - - Engine missfire

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

2manycars

2manycars

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Locationvictoria
Hi all, I have dean's silver gsr and after being in storage for 8 years it has developed a misfire. It idles fine but misses anything off idle. It has new plugs and the leads measure within spec, I have swapped the following items with one's that are off another gsr which ran fine - igniter, coils, tps, ecu, cleaned injectors, cas, afm, fuel pressure regulater, injectors off another car, new fuel pump and filter and the pressures are on spec. Even when I short circuit the fuel system with the same pressures and it still misses and is as rich as anything with the correct pressures which lends me to believe the injector pulse is to long. Any ideas wound be appreciated, cheers dave

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationPomona, Sunshine Coast, QLD
Boost leak maybe?

2manycars

2manycars

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Locationvictoria
Discount that but thanks

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA

If it still runs an air flow meter, clean it or replace it.  Also check for wiring issues of the afm...

May need to check from the afm plug to the ecu for cracked wires

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users