Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mikes “StormTrooper” RVR HSG

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

sinistr

sinistr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPerth
Hi guys,

I own a 97 RVR HSG nicknames “StormTrooper”, in fact it’s now my 2nd white on white HSG in the last 4 years. Liked them since I drove my friends HSG some years back.

I bought the first RVR from a bloke who had quite a few projects and needed to scale down. The car was cheap enough, told my partner (now my wife) I was going to have a quick look at an RVR and didn’t have any intention on buying it - two days later it was in the driveway.
180odd kms on the clock it was completely stock apart from exhaust, some suspension mods and Works Kai wheels, stereo and reverse camera. Good car, had noisy lifters as per normal.. we thoroughly enjoyed it as a bit of a daily - thirsty but good.

When I bought this car, the friend who had his 97 HSG was surprised I didn’t ask to buy his car.. I was suprised he would sell it after spending some decent coin on mods. Long story short.. I sold the first RVR and my kited/modified Honda CRX to buy my friends 97 RVR.

Why did I jump at it? Apart from helping a mate out who was getting pressure from his mrs about having too many cars, the car has had about 15k spent on the motor, has the porformance I like so it was worth it.

2.3L Tomei Stroker kit, 274 Cams, AEM Ecu - motor is build with arp bolts etc to handle 600hp.
RS*R Springs and I have since changed the woodgrain dash trim to stock, will install some sort of stereo, and AEM gauges. Running stock boost still it’s making we guess about 300hp which is plenty for the street and to use as a family car.

Thanks
Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• 7ED4E788-EC3F-4BDF-8BAD-0B9037490A38.jpeg

Edited by sinistr, 30 January 2019 - 02:30 AM.

TBOWGN

TBOWGN

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Awesome Mike... I assume this was the one on Gumtree for 7k, i was considering jumping on it myself, but already have a black standard one.  Nice rig!

Lars

Black and White RVR Hypergear

Mad_Polly_Logo.jpg

sinistr

sinistr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPerth

Awesome Mike... I assume this was the one on Gumtree for 7k, i was considering jumping on it myself, but already have a black standard one. Nice rig!

Lars

Hi Lars, thanks for your reply and cheers for the comment.
I bought this privately from a friend, there’s been a couple white ones for sale but this is worth much more than 7k with around 20k in engine work :)

sinistr

sinistr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPerth
Small update...

Attended a dyno day with a local Mitsubishi club last weekend.. had the RVR on a hub dyno.
Made 344-348HP and 420-430Nm torque at 14-15psi.

Not bad - I was expecting 300ish so was a nice surprise.

Would post a vid but seems I have to host is somewhere..

Edited by sinistr, 30 May 2019 - 12:00 AM.

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
Nice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users