Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Better Head Gasket For 4g92

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Sirius

Sirius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFinland

I'm trying to find better headgasket for 4g92,

After turbocharging it... it had some head gasket issues~
Everything else seems to be fine right now :0

RSkPT

RSkPT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPortugal

I'm trying to find better headgasket for 4g92,

After turbocharging it... it had some head gasket issues~
Everything else seems to be fine right now :0

I don't know which headgasket would be good for it. I just saw your older post when your turbo'ed your Lancer , and now after a year it gave you headgasket problems? That's not bad , i'm impressed :)
I been thinking to turbo my 4g92 colt CA1A. Do you have a photos or video of your lancer? Sorry for the misdirecting answer from your post :) 

Sirius

Sirius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFinland

I don't know which headgasket would be good for it. I just saw your older post when your turbo'ed your Lancer , and now after a year it gave you headgasket problems? That's not bad , i'm impressed :)
I been thinking to turbo my 4g92 colt CA1A. Do you have a photos or video of your lancer? Sorry for the misdirecting answer from your post :)

Actually after upgrading bigger turbo and better manifold I managed to get up to 300hp on front wheels, and 1,5bar everything else seems to be just alright but few distributor had token some heat damage and few headgaskets have burnt their fire rings, I'm trying to find a metal headgasket, then it should be fine! but thank you!

RSkPT

RSkPT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Actually after upgrading bigger turbo and better manifold I managed to get up to 300hp on front wheels, and 1,5bar everything else seems to be just alright but few distributor had token some heat damage and few headgaskets have burnt their fire rings, I'm trying to find a metal headgasket, then it should be fine! but thank you!

Wow really nice! :D 300hp? With stock internals? or did you changed the pistons?. This engines are really great :) Yeah i think it's better to choose a metal one  :thumbsup:

Sirius

Sirius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFinland

Wow really nice! :D 300hp? With stock internals? or did you changed the pistons?. This engines are really great :) Yeah i think it's better to choose a metal one  :thumbsup:

everything is stock inside :P

bj

bj

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
how are the head bolts?
was any knock/ detonation?
what's the sdt head gasket?

4G93T/GT3076R FWD 11.78@115 MT slicks

S362 323kw@35psi

12.6@126mph, street tyres and low boost

https://www.youtube....P_6J2wANtNYTHTw

RSkPT

RSkPT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPortugal

everything is stock inside :P

Really? that's amazing :) Well it's a go for me , to turbo it aswell  :w00t:  do you have photos or videos of your car? 

Sirius

Sirius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFinland

how are the head bolts?
was any knock/ detonation?
what's the sdt head gasket?

like i said earlier, everything else seems to be fine, but I'm not going to upgrade arp headbolts before I'll get better head gasket
and yea, I want to know what's sdt head gasket too??

Sirius

Sirius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFinland

Really? that's amazing :) Well it's a go for me , to turbo it aswell  :w00t:  do you have photos or videos of your car? 

I only have a few with old setup, I'll propably make a video of new one soon when I'll get the better headgasket first :0

RSkPT

RSkPT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPortugal

I only have a few with old setup, I'll propably make a video of new one soon when I'll get the better headgasket first :0

Of course , fix it first! TOP priority :D the pics you can show anyway :P 

Sirius

Sirius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFinland

Of course , fix it first! TOP priority :D the pics you can show anyway :P

https://imgur.com/a/WGAow6J

RSkPT

RSkPT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Ehehe cucu  :ph34r: hello there :) . that's really nice man  :drool: . Is the small radiator enough for cooling the engine? :)

Sirius

Sirius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFinland

Is the small radiator enough for cooling the engine? :)

yeah, no heating problems tho :P
it looks really messy right now but I thnk you understand :D haha
but thank you!

RSkPT

RSkPT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPortugal

yeah, no heating problems tho :P
it looks really messy right now but I thnk you understand :D haha
but thank you!

That's really cool :) Ahaha yes i understand , it's normal :) No problem , anytime  :w00t:

bj

bj

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

like i said earlier, everything else seems to be fine, but I'm not going to upgrade arp headbolts before I'll get better head gasket
and yea, I want to know what's sdt head gasket too??

I ask about the other things because with my setup, when i have had a head gasket issue, it was not the root cause.

Generally, knock or just simply too much combustion pressure which would overcome the head bolts/studs causing the gasket failure.

The standard 4g93 gasket in my CE is a multi layer steel item which is currently doing find at 430hp at the fronts.

yes i have with ARP studs but if the gasket fails due to fastener failure its not the gaskets fault...

Have a look at the factory mls gasket, even the CE(92/93/94) version might work(the heads are interchangeable/reversible) 

S362 323kw@35psi

Sirius

Sirius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFinland

I ask about the other things because with my setup, when i have had a head gasket issue, it was not the root cause.

Generally, knock or just simply too much combustion pressure which would overcome the head bolts/studs causing the gasket failure.

The standard 4g93 gasket in my CE is a multi layer steel item which is currently doing find at 430hp at the fronts.

yes i have with ARP studs but if the gasket fails due to fastener failure its not the gaskets fault...

Have a look at the factory mls gasket, even the CE(92/93/94) version might work(the heads are interchangeable/reversible) 

just too much comb.pres
I actually find one site which sells good stuff for 4g9x engines, I'll buy 1.5 thick metal gasket and arp studs from there soon

bj

bj

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

just too much comb.pres
I actually find one site which sells good stuff for 4g9x engines, I'll buy 1.5 thick metal gasket and arp studs from there soon

what was your peak torque and at what rpm?

S362 323kw@35psi

Sirius

Sirius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFinland

what was your peak torque and at what rpm?

I need to do a test run soon, everything changes so fast :P

RSkPT

RSkPT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPortugal

just too much comb.pres

You found one site? Amazing i've been looking for a site to buy stuff and couldn't find :( 

Sirius

Sirius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFinland

You found one site? Amazing i've been looking for a site to buy stuff and couldn't find :(

http://www.shop.rpw....4g9-detail.html
they sell bolt sets too and forged pistons :0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users