Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Remove and refit motor help needed

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Hi All am in Brisbane and after recommendations re a workshop to do it for me without costing an arm and leg as am wanting to freshen up the Tc in my Starion over Christmas.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
You want to freshen up the TC ?
What is that?
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Torque converter?

Ross Cox

Ross Cox

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBrisbane...Northside

G'day, Haven't seen you on here for a while. Hart Transmissions at Strathpine?? 3881 2644

Cheers

Ross

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Complete Automotive in Wynnum West.

Mark's been doing it a hell of a long time and i cant speak more highly of their shop and practices. Wouldnt take my cars anywhere else when i dont have time or need a hoist job done. 

3108 5025

8 Kianawah Rd, Wynnum West 

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Sorry I should have said Twin Cam motor as it is quite smoky and needs a freshen up so it needs to come out.

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationPomona, Sunshine Coast, QLD
Are you running a catch can setup? Maybe that could be addressed to assist blow by before an engine rebuild

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

If its a refresh/rebuild youre looking for i rebuild motors in Wynnum West if thats an option for you. cheers

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Hi Taz what would be the app cost drive in drive out allowing for the head and mani gaskets plus the timing belts that I already have ??

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

I have been told that the valve stem seals may be contributing to the smoke and that they should be replaced before pulling the motor so is there someone or a workshop in the Brisbane area that can replace them for me?

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

My Starion has a new owner

I had it on a dyno  before  the new owner picked it up for an AFR check and it was quite rich in some places and the tuner said thatthat was most likely the problem and I gave the new owner the dyno sheet with the AFR graph.

Edited by OLDIE, 25 October 2018 - 07:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users