Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forged or cast bottom end?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

CAM280

CAM280

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationAustralia Queensland

Hello, just want to get some intelligence on a rebuild? I finally got my RVR going and 3000km down the road I got piston slap. Rookie mistake.... seems it was doomed from the get go! Never checked piston to wall clearance, only ring clearance, I did have that moment when I thought how can you put the same pistons in after re-honing and cross hatching, but if you have followed my journey it comes as no surprise! Anywho, Im thinking of going forged or go home, but just quickly how many horses can cast internals handle?

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA

depends on the size of the horses you want to shove in there!  American horses are always smaller than Australian horses so you can push more in!

So you are sitting there and saying "well this guy is a fucken tard" However...there is a reason for the above comments. Take ZERO notice of stock block claims out of America. Not because they are out right liars...well some are ....but for other thing like different fuel octane for example.

In fully stock condition...stock turbo etc it depends on what compression pistons you have and the tune as well. if it where mine, I would limit it to around 20/22 psi with a MLS head gasket and arp studs

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

CAM280

CAM280

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

https://youtu.be/iWnKPc2_6x0

Im thinking I need a machine shop recommendation around Brisbane? I was thinking Manley everything???? 

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Speak to Andrew at Sideways Motorsports. He is a top guys and knows his stuff.
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

CAM280

CAM280

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users