Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The road to 10.99

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

So ive set myself a goal by the end of this year or realistically the end of next year, but im gonna do 10sec in the RVR. This thread will be asking silly and legitimate question on how to obtain this, and whether or not its feasably possible. 

Firstly and most importantly, this will be street registered, and will be H pattern. 

Im hoping the following wil be enough with some 60ft practice to obtain this tall goal. 

Ive acquired a forged motor from Baz. Should handle 30psi fine. Itll get 272 cams i have, springs/retainers, gears, 80mm TB/intake. Im not too sure what injectors ill need to handle 30, id imagine 1600/2000 for E85 (or possibly 2x 1000 sets??) I dont think my GTP 20g will get enough power in top end to get the mph, so ill probably need a bigger turbo. What are peoples experiences with 6boost manifolds? Worth the money? That coupled with a GTP712/3076 etc id hope will be enough. Got a haltech to control it all. 

Ive got my eye on a fidanza lightened fly and a ceramic 6 puk racing clutch. Im gonna send a box to get inspected/clearances done suitable to the power ill have to hopefully not break it but will see. 

Is what im rattling off here realistically gonna get me to this goal or am i having to go bigger and more aggressive? I can take out the rear seat and the carrier/rear bar rheo etc all the heavy shit is already off the car but will be essentially full trim otherwise i dont think there is a substantial amount of weight in the plastic trims and carpet to warrant pulling them out is there? 

Whether you want to laugh at me, cheer me on or tell me im a loopy kent feel free. Just trying to get an idea of what power i need and what else has to be done. Any advice/input from those who have heavily modified theirs/know what it takes to run 10s please let me know.

I imagine this thread is gonna get a bit messy so ive separated it from my build thread.

DOUGMO

DOUGMO

yoni lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

1600+ cc will be enough in the injectors, but you will need a gtx35 sized turbo at least to get the power you need 

GENUINE CE9A evo2 gsr track car
all fabrication BJP AUTOMOTIVE
winton 1:27.4 /// sandown 1:21.5 /// phillip island 1:49.2 /// haunted hills 59.1
/// eastern creek 1:35.4 /// winton short 1:01.4

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Ive got a 70mm t4 split 1.03rear at home, but shes an oldie and would probably need to be something a bit fresher. Pretty sure its an old AirResearch or w/e that got taken over by garrett back in the day. Goleby's do a 3582 and 6 boost mani for around 4k which is reasonable. Apparently at 1500 kerb id need around 650-700hp to do a 10.93

I havent weighed mine yet but i reckon 1500 is probably about right with my fat ass in the car on the strip. 

Is 30lb / e85 / 3582 and a hell of a tuner enough to get 700 do you think? Thats only about 12-13k from where i am all up on the strip so not that bad an investment if it gets 10sec. My other concern is i can make 700 in the motor but im sure other things are gonna start to break in the car before it happily puts it down. Box would need to probably be doing more than tolerances, shafts would probably want to shear, big brake kit etc etc. And i cant remember but i think its sub10sec in QLD for a cage or is it 11? So bump that 12k to 20 to do it right i guess

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
Following this! Maybe keep in touch with Baz regarding things that likely break. I know he has a VR4 and all but similar mechanicals at least. Also Clayton as well.
Best of luck buddy!!!

Rvr_HSG

Rvr_HSG

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Queensland
Yeah definitely going to follow this. I will be way way off but I'm chasing 220-250awkw and would love to see what it takes to get a 10sec rvr!

Starion VR4 Derek

Starion VR4 Derek

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationBurrum Heads

Taz mate that's a big ask, as said previously a few members have VR4's that run those times, but they ain't a block of flats & have some aero dynami's about them... also they aren't daily street driven. Mate it can be done but in all honesty your going to mortgage your 1st born to do it. 

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
In wa its a cage and a chute. Cage under 12s and a chute 120mph+
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
It won't be daily driven at that point Derek.

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
I ran my 10 with a 6boost manifold and a GT35R. 82 rear on Bp98 and 25psi.

That was without launching (2 sec 60). This was to preserve the drivetrain. Fortunately I did this because when I decided to launch, the tail shaft broke.

Aim for 300 to 350kw and you will surely get there with a perfect launch /pass.

Rob Barac has achieved this in an RVR using his old evo setup I believe. Give him a call and im sure he will advise you of mods.

I recall him running Eagle and wiseco rods and piston combo for years on a GT35 also. Twin plate clutch may be required and plenty of transfer case spares mate.... Does your hsg have a 4 bolt flanged rear?

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
A gt3076 would get you there. On pump I made 300kw atw,25psi with 750cc Siemens injectors and a 255 walbro. Netted 11.7@126mph,3 runs back to back. So there is a 10 in there easy. In saying that, it is a GSR and weighs about 1300kg, plus me at 120kg. New kit is a bit more serious though. Was setting up to run a stock 6 bolt bottom end with a tricked up head on e85 but plans have changed. I may have some 2000cc injectors for sale.
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

tbh if im dropping 4k into a turbo setup id be going a 35 for the little extra over a 30, and my power goal is 500whp. I reckon once i lighten it id be around 1500 with me in it on the strip. See how we go but im getting the impression that its definitely doable with a bit of money and know how. Let me know on those injectors as i will be E85 and havent sourced injectors yet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users