Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rywire engine harness

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

romeo

romeo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationLiverpool NSW
Just curious if anyone could confirm this would work for out cars. I spoke to someone from Rywire they said it is made for 4g63 and yellow plug ecu but not sure if there would be different plugs or sensors.
http://www.rywire.co...t-p/4g63-1g.htm
Cheers

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

Ive been looking at the ones from Private Spec. He has an instagram account and works looks pretty good.

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Nice find!

To work on an evo or gsr , you would have to change the ecu side (plugs are different).

as for the engine, some minor differences like TPS (idle switch and tps).  Also minor things such as o2 sensor (4 wire / 2 wire / 1 wire versions??).

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

That price tho, 650 USD with joining still needed so what a grand landed?

romeo

romeo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationLiverpool NSW

so spoke to privatespec and looks like ill be going with them. The guy has worked with a lot of evo 3 stuff so knows it pretty well, it is about $1000aud landed which is roughly the same price ive been quoted here. next few weeks ill be placing my order once I finalise my list of what I need. I think it was a 6-8 week turn around but could be more as he seems to be getting really busy.

ill post photos and updates here and in members ride once I get the ball rolling.

https://www.instagra...-by=privatespec

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

so spoke to privatespec and looks like ill be going with them. The guy has worked with a lot of evo 3 stuff so knows it pretty well, it is about $1000aud landed which is roughly the same price ive been quoted here. next few weeks ill be placing my order once I finalise my list of what I need. I think it was a 6-8 week turn around but could be more as he seems to be getting really busy.

ill post photos and updates here and in members ride once I get the ball rolling.

I've been talking to him in the past too. Will he do a group buy?

romeo

romeo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationLiverpool NSW

I've been talking to him in the past too. Will he do a group buy?

Not sure ill ask him but I don't see it happening as its a lot of work involved plus he makes it all custom to the buyers wants

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

it's alway worth asking esp if there multiples it can make work faster as you just double tripple etc up the wires and pin them all together

yes it's me KHUBNER

Hypo

Hypo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

For some clarity from your post your going to buy a loom and have it sent from overseas for the same price as dropping your car off and someone doing the work locally?

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Yep....clear as.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

romeo

romeo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationLiverpool NSW

For some clarity from your post your going to buy a loom and have it sent from overseas for the same price as dropping your car off and someone doing the work locally?

well the people I spoke to locally mostly do v8s, rotors, rb and 2j harness. so makes more sense to me to get a harness made up from a guy who has made many early evo/dsm looms and has a vast knowledge of them. only difference is doing it here might be able to hide the wires better but not building a show car so doesn't really bother me

Hypo

Hypo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

well the people I spoke to locally mostly do v8s, rotors, rb and 2j harness. so makes more sense to me to get a harness made up from a guy who has made many early evo/dsm looms and has a vast knowledge of them. only difference is doing it here might be able to hide the wires better but not building a show car so doesn't really bother me

Ok. Be great to see the outcome on both what is delivered and what works you need to integrate as well.

evopwr

evopwr

[DIY]

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Im going to be rewiring my ce9a engine loom in upcoming weeks, should be fun!

---

4G63t, AWD, Widebody

Posted Image

---

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Electrickery is always fun!
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users