Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Converting 250kws ATW to HP ATM

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

4GLancer

4GLancer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNsw
What's up everyone. Might seem like a silly question to ask. But I'm lost on how to convert wheel kws to engine hp in an awd car. Could anyone tell me roughly the Engine hp in an Evo 8 for example with 250kws ATW? Thanks!

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
10,000 llama thrusts.....

Edited by evo-gsr, 30 November 2017 - 07:12 PM.

[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
500hp ish. I think 300kw is 600 crank HP. But that might be for a auto...
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

4GLancer

4GLancer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNsw

500hp ish. I think 300kw is 600 crank HP. But that might be for a auto...

. Thanks for the reply. I know that the FQ400 has 300kws and 400hp. But that's at the motor. I Was inquiring in Sydney about an e85 setup for my Evo 8 mr. (has 3inch turbo back, electronic boost controller, and a walbro 255). I got told that with an e85 tune I'll be making around 250-260 kws ATW. Do these cars make that kind of power that easy?

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney

. Thanks for the reply. I know that the FQ400 has 300kws and 400hp. But that's at the motor. I Was inquiring in Sydney about an e85 setup for my Evo 8 mr. (has 3inch turbo back, electronic boost controller, and a walbro 255). I got told that with an e85 tune I'll be making around 250-260 kws ATW. Do these cars make that kind of power that easy?

I would say from 220 to 240 on stock turbo depending on the boost. I push around 290-300 but with 2.3 stroker and 28psi of boost on 8mr turbo.
Lancer Evolution 7 GSR '01

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Exactly^ no way you will get 250 with stock turbo.
  • ted likes this
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

4GLancer

4GLancer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNsw

Exactly^ no way you will get 250 with stock turbo.

not disagreeing with you but I've seen plenty stock 8 mr turbos running 250kws on the net? unless theyre spinning shit..

Edited by 4GLancer, 02 December 2017 - 02:28 AM.

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney

not disagreeing with you but I've seen plenty stock 8 mr turbos running 250kws on the net? unless theyre spinning shit..

It's hard to say yes or no. Numbers don't say much as they vary a lot between dynos. One thing is for sure. You can easy get stock evo over 200awkw on 98octane so E85 will push even more.
Question is how much boost you want to pump into stock internals and to be honest evo 8mr turbo is good for 26psi at max from my experience especially when my big cams and stroket setup start opening up.
With bigger turbo on E85 I know evo 8 and 9 internals can make 300+kw with proper tune.

4GLancer

4GLancer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNsw

It's hard to say yes or no. Numbers don't say much as they vary a lot between dynos. One thing is for sure. You can easy get stock evo over 200awkw on 98octane so E85 will push even more.
Question is how much boost you want to pump into stock internals and to be honest evo 8mr turbo is good for 26psi at max from my experience especially when my big cams and stroket setup start opening up.
With bigger turbo on E85 I know evo 8 and 9 internals can make 300+kw with proper tune.

very good point you made there. I just found a video on youtube from Powertune. They got 240kws atw out of a evo 8 mr with a 9 turbo. But they still had the stock exhaust system. Only mods where a boost controller, walbro 255 and e85 tune with 1000cc injectors. Ran a 12.1 @ 115. 

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
I always thought e85 was good for 20% over 98. So 240kw is right on that
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney

I always thought e85 was good for 20% over 98. So 240kw is right on that

Sure is mate. I was more about 250kw +
To me it is not reliable power out of stock mr8 turbo unless you just cruise with really occasional wot run.
Stock turbo makes so much heat above 24psi so I don't prefer it as reliable setup.

4GLancer

4GLancer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNsw

Sure is mate. I was more about 250kw +
To me it is not reliable power out of stock mr8 turbo unless you just cruise with really occasional wot run.
Stock turbo makes so much heat above 24psi so I don't prefer it as reliable setup.

i wont be using it for track days or anything like that. Mainly for the street and the odd 1/4 mile run. Would an evo 9 be good for that sort of power?

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney

i wont be using it for track days or anything like that. Mainly for the street and the odd 1/4 mile run. Would an evo 9 be good for that sort of power?

Evo 8 and 9 are same except for 9s mivec that will give you a bit more combined with 9s turbo that pushes a bit further than 8s
7s have not as strong rods as 8&9 and I snapped mine when I was pushing around 240kw on stock 2.0l and E85 but it happened because I've pushed it in 5th gear and rods couldn't hold that much torque.
I still don't know why I've done it but I had a plans for forged stroker so it made me actually build one.

4GLancer

4GLancer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNsw
I just looked at micks Motorsports page on Facebook and he just tuned an 8 mr with stock turbo... 261kws atw with haltech and e85.

Edited by 4GLancer, 03 December 2017 - 09:46 AM.

4GLancer

4GLancer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNsw

Evo 8 and 9 are same except for 9s mivec that will give you a bit more combined with 9s turbo that pushes a bit further than 8s
7s have not as strong rods as 8&9 and I snapped mine when I was pushing around 240kw on stock 2.0l and E85 but it happened because I've pushed it in 5th gear and rods couldn't hold that much torque.
I still don't know why I've done it but I had a plans for forged stroker so it made me actually build one.

. Sorry about that I meant to say 9 turbo. And yes I know a guy who blew his Evo due to hitting it in 5th gear as well.. way to much stress/torque. I never do high speed runs where I'll have to use 5th gear anyway. Mainly 2nd and 3rd gear pulls.

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney
If you think about using 9 turbo on 8 I don't think it's worth it. You get not much, more like you shift power/torque.

Something like 712 gt pumps turbo that is actually high flowed evo9 turbo wold be well worth upgrade on stock setup with E85.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users