Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Flip keys for RVR

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Yep cool will get a pic tomorrow. The hyundai blade that he had that was the same cut wouldnt fit into the flip key, and showed me that my key had a very sharp and deep channel the roll pin grooved into where as his was more of a small bowl and out of position. Gotta knock the roll pin out tomorrow if i can and take a photo. Cheers

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

just to chim in here my mongoose m200 alarm support any key fob. i put it into key fob coding mode and press a button alarm read the signal and accepts the new fob. i've coded my mothers 2011 cj lancer key to my alarm and it worked. which btw has the same key blank shape as my cc lancer. so if i wanted i could go on ebay and buy a cj lancer key blank and have it cut to match me cc and have the fob work.

for the record keyblade blank code mit11

yes it's me KHUBNER

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

apparently mine is an old mongoose system that cant be coded onto any key mister minit has in their system. Apparently my key blank is hyundai too

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationPomona, Sunshine Coast, QLD
That’s interesting Kyle, mine is an m80g so not sure if that’s possible on mine, I’ll try code my Pajero remote in lol.

Taz your key is mit8 not a Hyundai key lol. Mister minit are just useless thieves

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Might be worth going to another key cutter and getting a second opinion then??

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationPomona, Sunshine Coast, QLD
I would mate

Taz

Taz

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Just to give an outcome to those that will read this in the future, this is solved and has been working wonderfully for the past few months. I ended up taking it to another key cutter who wasnt afraid to attempt to make it happen and ended up getting a house key, and cutting a blade in the shape that would work for the key and mated it up, as an exisiting flip key blade would have the potential to be too weak at the pin point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users