Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Evo 4 shifter assembly in Evo 1-3?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

peasoup

peasoup

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Here: https://www.jackstra...racket-bushings

Have somebody wiggle the shifter in your car, and watch that area for slop.

Is it worth doing a group buy on these? They are USD$14 and they quoted $38 for postage, so that would end up being around $AUD65. Surely they couldn't charge much more for a bunch of them in one parcel.

I may buy these anyway as I currently have a box full of neutrals, its disgraceful when comparing to a modern box/shifter.

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

I'd be keen. Put me down for two sets

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Bringing an old thread back from the dead.  I ended up getting two pairs of these brass shifter bushes and THEY ARE NOT A DROP IN REPLACEMENT!!

They do not fit over either of the pivot shafts for the shifter assembly - the fore/aft or cross-car pivots.

We needed to open the internal diameter of the bushes up on a lathe, using fine emery paper on a bolt and then we had to turn down the outer diameter of the bush AND reduce the thickness of the contact flanges.

I found we needed to fine tune and adjust the bushes and use a liberal amount of white lithium grease to get the shifter moving freely and not feeling like it was 'dragging'.

A word of warning to anybody buying these and then hoping/expecting that they can be swapped in over 5min.

Edited by ENGINR, 27 September 2018 - 07:25 AM.

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

So the little plastic bushings in my 1 shifter mechanism are worn and I was about to order another set.

Given the above, is there a metal set available?

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Someone get me specs and I can get the machinist at work to knock out a few.
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

Someone get me specs and I can get the machinist at work to knock out a few.

That would be awesome. 

You don't have any in your gear lever?

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Wait are we wanting base bushes or shifter bushes?
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Any bush would be just fine by me.....
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

Wait are we wanting base bushes or shifter bushes?

The ones in the shifter - ie the little plastic circular ones. 

Would be great if there was a solid option.

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Yeah OK but I think the op was about base bushes. Yes I I should pull my shifter and get some measurements. I can get em drawn up in CAD and hit the cnc for both. I have a week off for exams. Come new year I should be able to get them sorted.

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Stainless most likely as it is the most commonly used stock.

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

Yeah OK but I think the op was about base bushes. Yes I I should pull my shifter and get some measurements. I can get em drawn up in CAD and hit the cnc for both. I have a week off for exams. Come new year I should be able to get them sorted.

Thanks mate. Just ordered some plastic ones, but would be happy to get two sets of the metal ones once you're ready.

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

Plastic ones have arrived. Let me know if you need any measurements.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users