Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Evo 4 shifter assembly in Evo 1-3?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada

thank you for the exploded view! I actually did miss the two highlighted in blue so I will have to order up another pair and hope this fixes my issue, but are those a different part number as I am seeing that they do not share the same number?

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Well well well...so you actually have not done the complete job after all. I'll be fucked.......Not such a dumb statement after all it seems.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

!Jonzap!

!Jonzap!

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

thank you for the exploded view! I actually did miss the two highlighted in blue so I will have to order up another pair and hope this fixes my issue, but are those a different part number as I am seeing that they do not share the same number?

I fitted 6x of the same part number

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

Hi guys

Just wondering where you order the brass/copper little bushes that replace the plastic ones that wear out inside the shifter assembly (ie the gear lever)?

Thanks

CanadianCD9A

CanadianCD9A

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
The brass bushings are sold by RTM Racing here in Canada. They're good but they won't work on the C's shifter, at least one has to be machined down (learned that the hard way).

And DSM to Evo, you missed the bushings I mentioned earlier that go under the trans levers/brackets. I bet that's your problem.

Edited by CanadianCD9A, 31 August 2017 - 01:58 PM.

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada

The brass bushings are sold by RTM Racing here in Canada. They're good but they won't work on the C's shifter, at least one has to be machined down (learned that the hard way).
And DSM to Evo, you missed the bushings I mentioned earlier that go under the trans levers/brackets. I bet that's your problem.

Are you able to takes pic of what you are referring to, my car is not with me at the moment for me to look but I think I have replaced those aswell Android went solid but just want to make sure . There was one spot on the trans where a bushing would go but was missing completely so I had to make something work.

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada

Well well well...so you actually have not done the complete job after all. I'll be fucked.......Not such a dumb statement after all it seems.

not sure if your just giving me a hard time or being an ass but I don't recall saying anything on this thread was a dumb comment or statement but yes it seems I may have missed a few thing but that is also why I'm sitting here asking what else it could be. I know I don't know everything but I was fairly confident that I had addressed the main issues as to where slop would normally occur.

CanadianCD9A

CanadianCD9A

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Are you able to takes pic of what you are referring to, my car is not with me at the moment for me to look but I think I have replaced those aswell Android went solid but just want to make sure . There was one spot on the trans where a bushing would go but was missing completely so I had to make something work.

Attached Thumbnails

• downloadfile.jpg

Edited by CanadianCD9A, 31 August 2017 - 03:41 PM.

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada

Thank you for that, I would have never thought to change that out, is their an aftermarket solid for that guy available or a easily purchased replacement?

CanadianCD9A

CanadianCD9A

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Thank you for that, I would have never thought to change that out, is their an aftermarket solid for that guy available or a easily purchased replacement?

Here: https://www.jackstra...racket-bushings

Have somebody wiggle the shifter in your car, and watch that area for slop.

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada

Here: https://www.jackstra...racket-bushings

Have somebody wiggle the shifter in your car, and watch that area for slop.

Man your killing it today haha, I always wondered what those were for as I could never seem to locate them, thank you for showing me that, I bet that is the problem or maybe the two bushings I missed in the shifter assembly guess we will see the next time I'm around the car.

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

not sure if your just giving me a hard time or being an ass but I don't recall saying anything on this thread was a dumb comment or statement but yes it seems I may have missed a few thing but that is also why I'm sitting here asking what else it could be. I know I don't know everything but I was fairly confident that I had addressed the main issues as to where slop would normally occur.

He's just being an ass. If you play the same way he does he sends you PMs having a sook about how mean you're being to him.
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

I'll have to do the same! I ordered 2x pairs but didn't think about the additional 2x bushes on the main pivot shaft (DOH!)

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

He's just being an ass. If you play the same way he does he sends you PMs having a sook about how mean you're being to him.

Oh Shayney dont be like that you know
Your the sook around here Shayney
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Oh Shayney don't be like that you know
Your** the sook around here Shayney***

** you're

*** Shayne

(sits back and waits for PM.......)

Edited by ENGINR, 01 September 2017 - 12:42 AM.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Ha ha ha ha....Shayney
No need for PM you are too soft to reply to them anyway.

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

^ That hurts. :(

!Jonzap!

!Jonzap!

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

never a dull moment on here

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
We aim to please.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users