Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Full boost - GSR project

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

Is this on Gumtree? Seems to be a similar one there?

peasoup

peasoup

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

nope, not for sale.

peasoup

peasoup

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Here is another video of my nugget

https://www.youtube....h?v=oA9LM6et_i0

Edited by peasoup, 14 February 2018 - 10:09 PM.

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

I really enjoyed watching that video - thanks for sharing.

Let me know when you're planning a trip to Winton and I'll try and bring my CC along.

Also - if you want your gearbox looked at - Andrew Vibert (CVAP in Shepparton) is the man to go to for early EVO gearboxes.

Edited by ENGINR, 14 February 2018 - 10:42 PM.

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

VIN18M

VIN18M

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationSydney

Latest video is awesome, making good power! Also recognised Baz's garage straight away, and good to see that 4g93 still kicking  ;)

peasoup

peasoup

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Thanks, the videos are a lot of effort, probably 5 different shooting days to cover that one. Thanks a lot to Barry, he spent many hours helping me out.

There are things i didn't go into in this video that may be tackled in another video

When the ECU was updated the boost went to shit, started off at 7psi and climbed to 12psi. It made 208kw which seemed high for the boost.Took some time to sort that out, then the boost was set at 14psi and coming on nice and early, yet it made zero difference to the power graph. As you can see it's totally linear and the car drove like that, car feels really lazy down low whereas as it used to be very punchy (it's not as noticeable on the track as the engine is always in a high range). They suspect my exhaust cam is retarded, hence the engine just wants to keep revving. I'm not too concerned as it will all be sorted out soon. 

They also discovered the next week that the dyno's toque reading in awd was incorrect and it was fixed.I had wondered why the torque reading was so low.

My timing was not sitting stable, it was jumping around a little. It's probably a good time I get my timing belt replaced and get a more accurate timing setup done.

Can anyone recommend options around trigger kits? And ones that work with balance shafts as I think if I ever rebuild the motor I'll be looking at putting the balance shafts in.

I feel that if I run the car like this more at the circuit, it wont last long it's very hard on it.

Thanks for the advice on the gearboxes.

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

I really enjoyed watching that video - thanks for sharing.

Let me know when you're planning a trip to Winton and I'll try and bring my CC along.

Also - if you want your gearbox looked at - Andrew Vibert (CVAP in Shepparton) is the man to go to for early EVO gearboxes.

Didn't know Andrew was still around?! I bought stuff off him about 10 years ago then he disappeared.

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Didn't know Andrew was still around?! I bought stuff off him about 10 years ago then he disappeared.

Yeah he's still around.  Closed his shop in Shepp and is working from his garage and being more selective about the jobs he'll take on now.

Still the go-to guy for anything gearbox related IMO, especially the early EVO and GSR gearboxes.

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

peasoup

peasoup

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Here is a new one, a year later  :wacko: 

https://www.youtube....h?v=XVR8SID4kZ8

VIN18M

VIN18M

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationSydney

Saw this, good video especially considering how many questions/threads there have been on here about Evo Brembo conversions and upgrade options.

bj

bj

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Progress is still progress, good work.

4G93T/GT3076R FWD 11.78@115 MT slicks

S362 323kw@35psi

12.6@126mph, street tyres and low boost

https://www.youtube....P_6J2wANtNYTHTw

0 user(s) are reading this topic