Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rvr Brembo conversion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Hi Guys,

I'm looking into a 97 rvr hsg Brembo conversion for all 4 corners. What I've read is that the fronts can swap out hubs / control arms. Rears I'm not so sure.

Links or advice appreciated.

Alternatively, any other brake upgrade option also considered..

Parabola

Parabola

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
I've done it to mine. For the fronts all I did was get the caliber bracket from racefab $200, elongate 2 bolt holes and trim the rotor dust shields to allow for the bigger rotors. As for the rears, I just cut the dust shields. Doesn't take long to do.

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
really? so rears us brackets also?

Sounds easy!

Parabola

Parabola

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

really? so rears us brackets also?
Sounds easy!

Rears bolt straight up to hsg, no bracket needed. Might be some differences with the rvr ssg, but I can't confirm that.

Edited by Parabola, 15 March 2017 - 05:44 AM.

TRD_4age

TRD_4age

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

I've done it to mine. For the fronts all I did was get the caliber bracket from racefab $200, elongate 2 bolt holes and trim the rotor dust shields to allow for the bigger rotors. As for the rears, I just cut the dust shields. Doesn't take long to do.

Would you have the link at all to the brackets you bought ? Only ones ive found suit evo 1-3 and they're $350.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,296 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Would think the e 1-3 were the same as Rvr?
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,296 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Or....maybe thats why he had to elongate the holes?
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

Parabola

Parabola

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
I got the Evo 1-3 adapters from racefab back in 2014. Was $200nz. If they are now $350 just for the fronts, that's ridiculous, even $200 is too much. But luckily that's $200nz, so only about $1.50 in real money.

!Jonzap!

!Jonzap!

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

1AUD = 1.08NZD

TRD_4age

TRD_4age

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

I got the Evo 1-3 adapters from racefab back in 2014. Was $200nz. If they are now $350 just for the fronts, that's ridiculous, even $200 is too much. But luckily that's $200nz, so only about $1.50 in real money.

Never mind they where $200nz for some reason i cant ready properly haha $350 is for rears for evo 1-3.

As for rears. Direct bolt up as in using the brembo brake lines aswell? The factory booster doesn't have a issue with the increased size ?

Parabola

Parabola

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Never mind they where $200nz for some reason i cant ready properly haha $350 is for rears for evo 1-3.
As for rears. Direct bolt up as in using the brembo brake lines aswell? The factory booster doesn't have a issue with the increased size ?

Bearing in mind I did this 3 years ago, I'm a little sketchy on the details.
But yes you can use the brake lines. Factory booster works, but apparently an Evo 7 booster & master is better, just have to plug up a pipe off it from memory. I have a booster, but still haven't done the swap yet so I can give exact details on that part.

As for elongating the front bolt holes. The bolts that racefab supply to bolt the brackets to the hubs are a 16mm and the factory ones are 14mm (that's probably not right) so you have to drill out & tap the hub bolt holes to accommodate the racefab bolts.

But with both front & rears, you will to trim the dust shield to allow for the bigger rotors.

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationThe home of unemployed bogans - Hervey bay,

Would think the e 1-3 were the same as Rvr?

They are! 276mm, but without the banjo fitting in favour of a straight bolt up style.

If you want to get a 324mm rotor setup, hit me up, I am running a R34 GTR V-Spec rotor up front with a dogbone fitting a std R34 calliper. Happy to photo/measure/describe vie interpretive dance, the details if you want the specs. 

Bit of a tool, and owner of "The Turdis" - Hervey Bay

TRD_4age

TRD_4age

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

They are! 276mm, but without the banjo fitting in favour of a straight bolt up style.

If you want to get a 324mm rotor setup, hit me up, I am running a R34 GTR V-Spec rotor up front with a dogbone fitting a std R34 calliper. Happy to photo/measure/describe vie interpretive dance, the details if you want the specs.

Sent you a message mate.

thrashcan

thrashcan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNSW

is there any difference between the HSG and the SSG? would the adapters fit on an SSG with the usual modifications (bolt holes and dust shields)?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users