Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RVR HSGR?? Anyone recognize this car?

- - - - - Rvr hsgr

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

gucccie4122

gucccie4122

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Location4122
Hi everyone. New to the forum. Last month I bought a RVR and trying to track down its model/ possible seeedy history. I think it's a 1997 HSGR since it has the recaros, folding rear seats ect, however it has side steps and two tone paint which I did not think were fitted to a HSGR. I've attached some photos in case anyone recognizes it. Bought on the Gold Coast but previous owner was from Byron/Lismore way. Has a sticker bombed center console + sub in the boot but apart from that interior is immaculate and looks fairly stock. KM's approx 150k imported 2008. Thanks IMG_6743.JPG

elnevio

elnevio

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGloucester, UK

According to ASA, it is indeed an HSGR.  5 speed manual.  Manufactured in the 3rd week of March 1997.  Was Sophia White from the factory. :)

Edited by elnevio, 15 February 2017 - 10:26 AM.

gucccie4122

gucccie4122

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Location4122
Here is a photo

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_6757.JPG

gucccie4122

gucccie4122

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Location4122
Thanks, just managed to upload a photo of it now. I've got a hunch that it has been resprayed. Just don't know why you would fit the side steps to a HSGR!

Starion VR4 Derek

Starion VR4 Derek

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationBurrum Heads

Ahhh.... maybe midgets owned it?

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
Definite respray, the 2 tone looks alright too. Sidesteps. ... weird.
Maybe the last owner fucked the side skirts up and that was the next best thing? They do some weird shit in Byron and even worse in Lismore.
Welcome to the forum matey.

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationThe home of unemployed bogans - Hervey bay,

All of the imports I've seen the import plate on just say Sports Gear no matter what they are, but regarding the one you have pictured I'd say it's an SSG with a HSG front and rear wing on it...........nobody would go to the trouble of fitting side steps, plus I don't think the HSG has the holes to support the steps......but I can check.

Also........ALL HSGs ARE 1997 models. 

Bit of a tool, and owner of "The Turdis" - Hervey Bay

penngwyne

penngwyne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationNaracoorte SA

According to ASA, it is indeed an HSGR.  5 speed manual.  Manufactured in the 3rd week of March 1997.  Was Sophia White from the factory. :)

I agree

Still love the RVR but am paranoid about little noises

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rvr, hsgr

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users