Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Faulty rev counter help needed

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

It does not work when starting and flits about for a while and than settles down after a few k's but is getting worse.

I have spoken to Haltec as I have an E6X and a tach adapter and was told that I can almost certainly rule out the EMS and adapter and that some Cordias had this problem that a thump om the instrument panel seemed to fix it.

I have no clue as to electronics so any help/constructive advise would be appreciated.

Ross Cox

Ross Cox

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBrisbane...Northside

G'day. Can you remove the instrument cluster?

I don't know about Cordia but my VR4 has circuits on plastic sheet across the back. The plugs push into a socket that engages with the circuit. I gently cleaned up the contacts on the plugs and the plastic with a 3M Scotchbrite pad after the fuel gauge started flickering. All fixed.

Cheers Ross

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Good tip Ross :thumbsup:  will try that first and if that still doesn't fix it then will take it to Lionel Otto at Sailsbury

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Have done that and all the tacho contacts looked like new but still hit the harness contacts with contact cleaner and RP7 and it seemed to work so will see when I start it up in the morning fingers xxx ed

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
The stock mitsu ignitor has a tacho wire. Try that instead of the ecu.

My tacho is not off the ecu but off my Cdi ignition instead.

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

I have an MSD tach adapter if that makes any difference as the factory tach sender must have been made redundant when the car was set up to run the Haltec?.

PS have been 4 a drive and it seemed ok 4 app 5klm'sthen went wonky on me and seemed ok again so popped the bonnet and pulled 1 connection that may be part of the shift light connection and no tacho plugged in again and working again so got home and cleaned the connector with a cleaner and then crc/rp7 and together again.

The ecliptech shift light does silly things when the tacho plays up but not when everythings ok. Hopefully problem solved ??

Edited by OLDIE, 08 January 2017 - 12:04 AM.

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

No luck so will have to get a sparky to fix it .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users