Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dsm2Evo's 1993 Evo 1 GSR build

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada

Update time,

ITS DONE! and it drives amazing, and already bored of the power levels...So its getting a Holset hx35/40 combo t3 turbo set up and I will have to figure out if I want to run ecm link, G4, or haltech I already have all supporting mods ready to go on the car. All thats left for me to purchase is a manifold, tuning, misc oil fittings, waste gate(s), new exhaust wheel, and turbo rebuild kit as my buddy is keeping his exhaust wheel and the turbo will need to come apart. 

with this I should be able to get the car upwards of 375 to the wheels on a Very conservative tune as I know the holset can push some nutty numbers. Eventually I want to run a 18 or 20G instead of the holset and then move my holset kit over to my talon, but that can come later on.

but for now the car is finally finished, it drives great, feels great, and I am glad I can finally enjoy the real work that needs to be done to it. After the turbo upgrade is done I will be repainting the car either dandelion yellow, or the factory black and finally restoring the poor interior.

sorry for no pictures but I have only ever used photobucket and do not know who else to use as a image host.

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Looking forward to see pictures!

Download tapatalk on your phone and you can use the app to view the forum and write posts on forums.

Also it allows you to upload while posting directly from your phone / camera. So no need to transfer files to the pc etc.

P.s, yellow would look good..

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada

Looking forward to see pictures!

Download tapatalk on your phone and you can use the app to view the forum and write posts on forums.

Also it allows you to upload while posting directly from your phone / camera. So no need to transfer files to the pc etc.

P.s, yellow would look good..

Sadly the camera on my phone is busted so all the pics I take are using a cannon t3 rebel.

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada
So good and bad update today.

First the bad,

The cars power steering rack decided it hates life and is leaking again, as well as my front main seal, turbo drain and I think my trans is leaking from a possible crack. Car will be getting looked at as soon as my buddies eclipse is finished in the paint booth.

Onto the good,

ECM link was ordered and should be here Monday, turbo plans have changed and I have decided to keep the holset for my talon and run a bolt on upgrade for the Evo instead. This time I will be running a gt3076r that has a Mitsubishi hotside. I have talked to a few knowledgable people in the DSM community about the turbo I have and they said it's very capable of hitting my goals for the car and all I need to worry about now with my setup is my pump fuel ( never checked to see what's actually in the car it's just super loud like a Wally 255) . I have also found a Mitsubishi valve cover, all the proper badging for the back of the car , and the decals for the side. Once I finally have the car mechanically sound it will be off to paint hopefully in the spring.

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada
Small update!

Well ECM link showed up Monday as planned, got the turbo all cleaned up and looking good for install, car is back in the shop having the leaks fixed ( or so I hope haha ) badges should all be on order tomorrow and maybe if I have the extra cash so will speed density and cable. It's wierd having extra cash to spend as work has had me working some mad overtime. I won't complain though cause it has put the build into full priority mode which is a good feeling.

Attached Thumbnails

• received_1509554092425476.jpeg
  • 20170917_221707.jpg
  • 20170917_221735.jpg
  • 20170919_192651.jpg

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada

Update, Hope you like pictures!

well finally got the car on the road just in time for winter, so decided to bust out the camera and go grab some shots. 

sxchts.jpg

23hkbyw.jpg

2nw0586.jpg

1z2gd9i.jpg

23w9po4.jpg

f0azur.jpg

14c4g89.jpg

v3q9ae.jpg

2zp5ikj.jpg

jaw4n5.jpg

2duf40g.jpg

fe4fp2.jpg

14o69zk.jpg

11tlfv5.jpg

nb2dcx.jpg

20p23c7.jpg

x52luv.jpg

330ql3o.jpg

2chkhw1.jpg

ay2fpd.jpg

b96u1l.jpg

20aozgh.jpg

6pys5y.jpg

28k3ioi.jpg

qn37mb.jpg

29bldmg.jpg

20fbzih.jpg

103hgtg.jpg

1fhh06.jpg

Hope you liked the pics!

!Jonzap!

!Jonzap!

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

nice dodge colt :P

dsm2evo

dsm2evo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationcanada

^ This has been the joke of the day haha, just happy to have her on the road finally. 

I do need to fix my power steering that for some reason is still leaking after the rack was rebuilt and I have a leak coming from my oil pump front case sadly so I will need to tear that apart at some point soon to put a new gasket in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users