Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New EVO 7 buyer/Introduction

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

mrpav

mrpav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationQLD

Hey guys! Sorry if this is in the wrong section I guess it's kind of a techincal post and an introduction....

I have been modifying cars for near on 12 years now starting with the s-chassis in my 180sx back in 2002 all the way through to VW R32 Golfs. I have been import free for a while now after purchasing my house and have decided to purchase the car that intrigued me through my highschool era being the Mitsubishi Evolution VII.

I have RAPED the forums for information and talked to as many people as I possibly can for first time buyer information but I thought I would just put the feelers out on some of the recommended forums as a final safeguard before buying.

Ive chosen the Evo 7 primarily because of the 5 speed box and the price. If money wasn't an issue I would purchase a gray Evo 8 MR and do a 5 speed conversion hands down but the 30k price tag for the MR and it's age doesn't seem worth it IMO. My main concerns before pulling the trigger on a sale is whether or not the kilometers are genuine and whether there are any other major things I can look for when inspecting. Im from QLD and most seem to be for sale in NSW. I will post a link of the one I am interested in and it would be greatly appreciated if anything that doesn't look savvy could be pointed out along with where I could ask the seller to have the car inspected before purchase!

Nice to meet everyone and I look forward to actively contributing in the future. Sorry again if in the wrong section.

Link to car advertisement

http://www.carsales....D-4096360/?Cr=7

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Geelong
Im not sure if false kms are a worry on the later gen evos. Kms dont mean shit though tbh. Ive seen 300k cars that run better than 100k cars aslong as the engine is healthy i wouldny worry about kms imo.

romeo

romeo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationLiverpool NSW

Hey mate welcome to the forum 1st thing id be checking for is rust, if you could get it on a car hoist that would be ideal, The ayc pumps and diffs/transfers tend to play up just go for a nice long test drive no radio and listen for odd noises. find a really big and I mean big area to do a few full lock turns just a fyi the turning circle is pretty crap lol. But other then that just the basics in what you would normally look for in a purchasing a 2nd hand car. Id do a revs check to make sure there is no dodgy shit as for km reading any jap car regardless of age could have the km altered this website is pretty good apparently.

http://www.japaneseodometercheck.com/

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA

whilst I have now an evo 7 GTA {auto} for the wife, I have owned an evo 8. If i were to choose between the two...it would be an 8. the transfer case is apparently stronger from what Ive been told and the fuel tank is bigger. there are quite a few forsale over here in perth . 

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users