Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Air flow per rev too high

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

So I've just installed my ECM link and she fired right up, but the air flow per rev is .5.

I've tried changing the MAF comp and injector dead time, but even at -%50 MAF comp and ridiculous dead time, I only get to .3.

Any suggestions appreciated.

ECM Link, 399 MAF, 560cc injectors, 270 cams, TD05-20G @22psi, 3" dump, full 3" mandrel exhaust, intercooler, Fidanza alloy flywheel, 4 bolt LSD, EVO IV brakes, Strut braces, coil overs and sway bars.

mtking

mtking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Locationgold coast

hey mate can u put up a log

mtking

mtking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Locationgold coast

you done boost leak test 

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Done boost leak test. Holds fine at 25 psi. That said 1000 rpm idle vacuum is 7 inches. I've gone over everything that is not in the boost test and have not found any vacuum leaks. The fact that my cams are a mystery does not help. I was originally told they where Kelford 272s. Chris Meek said they weren't. They are definitely lumpy and are installed straight up. I was thinking about advancing the exhaust and or retarding the intake a little to reduce overlap.

I've ended up putting my generic eprom and 055 MAF back in so I can drive the car to work atm.

Newest log is probably most helpful. Have MAF raw on and there is a bit where I hold the revs around 3k and you can see the airflow per rev drop from .45 to .35

Attached Files

Edited by LumpyVR4, 19 July 2016 - 05:00 AM.

ECM Link, 399 MAF, 560cc injectors, 270 cams, TD05-20G @22psi, 3" dump, full 3" mandrel exhaust, intercooler, Fidanza alloy flywheel, 4 bolt LSD, EVO IV brakes, Strut braces, coil overs and sway bars.

mtking

mtking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Locationgold coast

turn the o2 to closed loop or get a new one do u have a wideband its all over the shop u don't have the map sensor assign 

and say your got a e8 afm

Edited by mtking, 19 July 2016 - 08:54 AM.

evo_zro

evo_zro

Note to self-buy Petrol!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Can you make a list of the mods

mtking

mtking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Locationgold coast

can u put up all mods done 

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

All engine mods while running ecmlink. I have 3g maf selected.

ECM Link, K&N 4.5" pod, 399 MAF behind headlight, straight shot MAF pipe, 270ish cams, 560cc injectors, Walbro 255 + Adj FPR, Intercooler + 2.5" pipes & TB elbow, EVO 8 BOV, EVO 3 manifold, TD05-20G - 34mm internal gate @ 22psi, 3" divorced WG o2 housing, full 3" mandrel exhaust.

I have a plx WB to wire in and simulate with. But I haven't yet because at the moment I need the car on the road, so I have not done anything that I can't run my burnt prom with. I suppose this weekend I could wire it in, in a reversible way.

Edited by LumpyVR4, 19 July 2016 - 09:45 AM.

mtking

mtking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Locationgold coast
Run narrowband n put the wideband in the o2 hole no welding

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

It's actually already installed in the down pipe just before it turns under the engine. I'll just have to wire the output from the gauge to the ECU.

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Yeah ur WB can generally simulate a narrow band signal. I know Innovate have options fir narrow band simulation and quite a few options to use WB in closed loop.
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney
We've gone a little off topic. Anyone got any thoughts on the high airflow per rev?

mtking

mtking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Locationgold coast
https://www.ecmtunin.../quickieafsetup

mtking

mtking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Locationgold coast
usually you adjust mafcomp until airflow per rev sits around .23-.25

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

My problem is with everything zero the airflow per rev at 1000 rpm is .52. If I max out the 50hz MAFcomp and give the injectors 750 dead time I can get to .30. Obviously there is something not right. I just don't know what?

I've noticed the average MAF raw value is 60hz. That sounds a little high from what I have read.

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside

Have you tried using the auto maf comp tool?

The first log shown (left side of your post shows the combined fuel trim looking ok and the airflowperrev being ok.

I wouldn't get all wound up about trying to get it below 30 if it runs ok though.

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

LumpyVR4

LumpyVR4

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationSydney

Got the car to idle with sane MAF comp / dead time numbers today. My biss was to blame.

When I finished my engine install, I did a leak check and found one at the isc motor. In hind sight, I must have set the biss with this leak ages ago. Fixed the leak = biss / isc all wrong. My isc count was 100. Got that back to 30 and with 10% Maf comp and 300us dead time I have a decent idle with .35 airflow per rev.

Plan on a test drive / auto MAFcomp tomorrow.

Edited by LumpyVR4, 23 July 2016 - 09:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users