Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

fuel pumps OME

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

bob

bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
Hi guys, stock 4g94 300,000kms in paj io.
Pump is getting noisy.
End plan will be intake exhaust stage 2 cam and tune, nothing more.

so $400 for genuine pump, $180 for ebay bosch or something better out there?

Thanks

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
200ish for for walbro 400lph

yes it's me KHUBNER

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Bit of overkill for a 4wd ^ lol.
Hes not running it on e85

Edited by evo-gsr, 01 July 2016 - 11:36 AM.

[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
I know but when they are cheaper than the lower flowing alternatives.you can see why i say it. I agree he'll probably never need its full potential but theyre cheap

yes it's me KHUBNER

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Why would he want to cause himself fuelling issues with the excess rail pressure this pump will create?
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

i never had an issue with it running 510 cc injectors on evo ecu and stock regulator.

yes it's me KHUBNER

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Sorry..I forgot you are an expert and to never question your statements.
Lol.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
To the OP......
make sure that you don't increase the fuel flow rate too much or else the fuel will be traveling to the fuel rail and back to the tank too often and will pick up heat. Heat has a detrimental effect on the octane rating of the fuel! Therefore you should not exceed the required fuel flow rate by more than 33%. You can use the formula hp ? 7.3 to find the required fuel flow rate in cubic centimeters (cc) per minute that will give you a 33% over supply of fuel.You can increase the fuel flow rate by installing a larger fuel pump or by installing a second fuel pump. Installing a second fuel pump is the best solution for a modified street car as it allows you to wire the second pump separately so that it is only in use when extra performance is required. More often than not you'd be using a street race car for cruising. Under these conditions you would not need a high fuel flow rate, in fact, it would be best not to have a high fuel flow rate under these conditions as it will just increase the amount of fuel that circulates to the fuel rail and back to the tank. This will expose the fuel to heat, which is not good.

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA
That pun will be too much Kyle. It might be cheaper but then he will need a better reg to keep the pressure spikes in check. I would just get a stock pump as they have enough head room for the basic N/A style mods

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
What the fuck would you know (or me either?) ??

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
I don't know anything ... I'm just and old man. When I was a boy ....yes ....I was once young. We had cars with mechanical pumps and carbies. All this new fan dangle Dam fewl injecshun thing. Why an Ol man like me wudnt no muffin bout that

Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight

BRIAN

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....that last line!!

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Was that when the Model A was released Brian?
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Was that when the Model A was released Brian?

fuck no...that is recent!

BRIAN

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Kyle you should just stick to what you know best. Koala fiddling comes to mind. But really idiots like you fuck forums up with your uneducated advice. If your not 100percent on something why not shut your pie hole

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

i will admit i only ran stock stuff with that pump for 3 weeks before the larger injectors etc went in. an oe pump for evo 3 is 150lph if i remember correctly. and when i was looking at fuel pumps i found that it was the same pump listed aftermarket oe for the base spec cc glxi. check you local parts shop surly there is a intake OE replacement out there for MUCH cheaper than $400 bucks

walbro gs341 pumps are around 100 bucks those are the 255 lph model (again overkill but more suitable than the 450lph i said earlier) my point wasn't to get a 450 my point was there is cheaper out there without resorting to an ebay special

yes it's me KHUBNER

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

Kyle you should just stick to what you know best. Koala fiddling comes to mind. But really idiots like you fuck forums up with your uneducated advice. If your not 100percent on something why not shut your pie hole

Nicely put Adrian...almost got to this stage myself...took words out of my mouth!!

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

i will admit i only ran stock stuff with that pump for 3 weeks before the larger injectors etc went in. an oe pump for evo 3 is 150lph if i remember correctly. and when i was looking at fuel pumps i found that it was the same pump listed aftermarket oe for the base spec cc glxi. check you local parts shop surly there is a intake OE replacement out there for MUCH cheaper than $400 bucks
walbro gs341 pumps are around 100 bucks those are the 255 lph model (again overkill but more suitable than the 450lph i said earlier) my point wasn't to get a 450 my point was there is cheaper out there without resorting to an ebay special

Funny how you come up with this after being proven wrong (again) with facts.

bob

bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
What an ego masturbation onslaught :D thanks though as a mega walbro was something i was contemplating but excessive fuel not really ideal.

Pumps 11cm long 1.5" diameter, the return flow IS USED TO TRANSFER FROM THE SADDLE TANK and its 9.8:1 compression so octane not a real major issue.

I've had an evo3 pump offered for <$$ just unsure if it fits. My guess is my pump would be identical to the 2002 4g94 ES lancer unit

looks like this:

bob

bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
What an ego masturbation onslaught :D thanks though as a mega walbro was something i was contemplating but excessive fuel not really ideal.

Pumps 11cm long 1.5" diameter, the return flow IS USED TO TRANSFER FROM THE SADDLE TANK and its 9.8:1 compression so octane not a real major issue.

I've had an evo3 pump offered for <$$ just unsure if it fits. My guess is my pump would be identical to the 2002 4g94 ES lancer unit

What do you all recon now the ego stomping has been done :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users