Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Turbo upgrade combination for 4g93t

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

mat

mat

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationTaree
I've been looking into buying the bits I need for upgrading the turbo, I'm just a bit confused as to what the different combinations are when running evo Ecu's

I know most guys recommend
Td05 16g
510 injectors
Evo 3 Ecu
609 or 055 afm

I'm pretty sure the vr4 had 450cc injectors and td05 14b, what Ecu do you use to run these on a 4g93t

Can 450cc injectors be used with the evo 3 Ecu ? Will 450cc injectors work with td05 16g

Do the evo 1 and evo 2 Ecu's run different combinations?

Where do 560cc injectors fit in, do they run on any of the Evo Ecu's

Will the later evo Ecu's run on 4g93t or are they more for the 4g63t?

When do you need to use ecmlink or similar

Is there any other ones I've missed?

Does having air conditioning cause any issues with upgrading the turbo?

Thanks

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

You must match ecu injectors and afm. the turbo within reason you can change around between others

yes it's me KHUBNER

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationPomona, Sunshine Coast, QLD
I'll have an Evo ecu that is chipped for Evo 1-3 afm, and 560cc injectors and 16g turbo for sale soon if you want, it's socketed so the chip can be removed and re burnt if required

mat

mat

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationTaree

I'll have an Evo ecu that is chipped for Evo 1-3 afm, and 560cc injectors and 16g turbo for sale soon if you want, it's socketed so the chip can be removed and re burnt if required

Send me a pm when you are selling and if I have the money at the time we can work something out

mat

mat

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationTaree

You must match ecu injectors and afm. the turbo within reason you can change around between others

So which ecu runs the 450cc injectors on a 4g93t, or is the only way to mod the ecu with a chip?

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationPomona, Sunshine Coast, QLD
Will do.Isn't it a vr4 that run 450s. If your trying to run an Evo ecu with 450cc injectors it would probably be lean because the ecu is expecting the injectors to put in more fuel than it is.

What parts have you got for the conversion?

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

yeah i'm preety sure they are from vr4 and the only way to run those is chipped ecu

yes it's me KHUBNER

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Or an rvr ecu

doo doo

doo doo

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Not sure if RVR ecu fits into gsr loom though.

Mat, I have a haltech e6x ecu for vr4, including full engine loom and map sensor (no need for afm) plus vr4 450cc injectors if required- I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, is setup for 4g63 (with vr4 injectors). PM me if that might interest you as an option

didn't have time do do it right but found the time to do it twice....

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
It does

mat

mat

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationTaree

Will do.Isn't it a vr4 that run 450s. If your trying to run an Evo ecu with 450cc injectors it would probably be lean because the ecu is expecting the injectors to put in more fuel than it is.

What parts have you got for the conversion?

I don't have any parts yet, want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I waste money on something I won't be able to use I just see a lot of 450cc and 560cc injectors for sale but not really many 510cc injectors, so your Ecu would probably be good as the 560cc seem to be easier to find

mat

mat

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationTaree

Not sure if RVR ecu fits into gsr loom though.

Mat, I have a haltech e6x ecu for vr4, including full engine loom and map sensor (no need for afm) plus vr4 450cc injectors if required- I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, is setup for 4g63 (with vr4 injectors). PM me if that might interest you as an option

I only have a 4g93t so I don't know if that would work in my car would it?

mat

mat

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationTaree

It does

So I could plug an rvr Ecu in my 4g93t and run 450cc injectors and a td05 16g or does it run a different turbo?

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Turbo is different but it shouldnt matter, and yes rvr ssg ecu runs 450cc inj, I'll get the afm number too when I get home,

560cc injectors are on the e5 onward, the 4 iirc had 510s? 8mr and 9 had quad spray pattern too,

doo doo

doo doo

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

I only have a 4g93t so I don't know if that would work in my car would it?

Yeah, you'd need to put in the whole loom that comes with the computer though as it has the vr4 plug for the computer. You won't be able to swap back to evo/gsr ecu unless you put the other engine loom back in though. 

Edited by doo doo, 20 February 2016 - 01:11 PM.

didn't have time do do it right but found the time to do it twice....

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

tbh mate you best option is a evo ecu with either a chip for 450 or 560 cc injectors or and evo ecu running the factory 510's they are certainly available. it didn't take me long to find mine when i was looking they also didn't last long when it came time to sell them and i easily got my 100 bucks back

yes it's me KHUBNER

MikeyMike

MikeyMike

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationHobart

surely the easiest option for the 93 is to put on the evo afm or magna. and match it to the 510 injectors, pretty sure this runs fine with the standard GSR ecu???

(i might be wrong)

mod edit

What is the highest PSI you could run on a td05 big 16g on a forged 4g93 before passing the sweet spot in efficiency???

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

surely the easiest option for the 93 is to put on the evo afm or magna. and match it to the 510 injectors, pretty sure this runs fine with the standard GSR ecu???

(i might be wrong)

mod edit

What is the highest PSI you could run on a td05 big 16g on a forged 4g93 before passing the sweet spot in efficiency???

you can't use a std gsr ecu with 609 afm and 510's simply wont work map is wrong if changing injectors and AFM and ecu alteration IS REQUIRED.

most say don't push past 15psi on a stock bottom end but you realy hav to be sure of whats happening detonation and to much torque kill this engines rods.

yes it's me KHUBNER

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
He asked about a forged engine.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA

(i might be wrong)

mod edit

21 pound out of a 14b....22 on a 16 g was what I ran in my daughters car. I found the 14b the best all rounder for response and spool.  boost did start to nose over at 6000 tho.

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users