Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forged 6 bolt short/long/complete engines for sale, plus more- Brisbane

- - - - - 4g636 bolt forged gsr vr4 haltech

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

doo doo

doo doo

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

[b]Item: forged 6 bolt engines
[b]Item Condition: New/yet to be run/newly assembled
[b]Price: 1600 for short motor, all prices can be negotiable within reason
[b]Extra Info:see ad
[b]Location: Brisbane
[b]Preferred Contact Method: pm

Hi all

Due to the withdrawal of the buyer from completing this engine build and subsequent conversion into gsr (and the imminent arrival of my 3rd child later this year) I am looking to offload/sell most of the garage contents. I will add to this post as stuff becomes ready for sale- but i have a fair bit and if you're after something specific for gsr or 4g63 engines thagt i haven't yet mentioned let me know and I'll see if I have it.

Item 1 (for pics reference)

First up is a basic 6 bolt short block which has

-forged pistons 86.5mm, -16cc dish

-standard rods which have been modified to full floating piston pin setup

-block has been acid dipped, bored/honed/decked/new freeze plugs/painted

-crank has beed machined 10 thou

-new rings/bearings- King bearings (10thou) with thrust bearing modified to improve oil to thrust face and safeguard against crankwalk possibilty

-new seals/gaskets

-balance shaft delete

-oil pump reco'd, passages chamfered/deburred, front of block oil channels chamfered/deburred/smoothed

-oil relief ported, has vr4 water cooled oil filter housing

- comes with vr4 engine mount bracket, but evo option is available for extra

Have full blueprint spec sheet  available for those interested- I use Terry at Coorparoo Engineering and Performance for all machining work (same machinist that Will from JHH and Robin from Perfourmance use)

I'm after 1600 which includes sump bolted up, water pump and front case, and everything ready for head to go on- Includes front engine cover and balancer but does not include timing belt components. 

For an extra 1000 this can become a long block with a 7 bolt head that has been modified to fit 6 bolt block, decked, fully reco'd, all new seals, evo 2 or evo 7 cams, standard gears, cometic headgasket and arp studs. Head is almost finished and won't be bolted down until somone has confirmed they will buy it. If you supply your own cams I can drop the price a little. I have a new timing belt kit (gates) which can also be added as assembled for 300, this includes a new hydraulic tensioning ram. CAS also included with head, also includes tappet cover with new gasket

If you would like forged rods put in then I'm happy to do that, budget about 600 for some eagles/scats/manley/spool etc.

Item 2 

And... i'm looking at selling the completed vr4 engine that's featured in some of my gallery pics.

Pretty much the same processes as above but also includes

-Eagle rods

-sps pistons 86.5mm

-arp mains stud kit

-kiggly girdle

-6 bolt vr4 head (same reco list as above, except new valves rather than refaced)

-arp head studs

-Cometic headgasket (1.3mm), 8.3 comp ratio

-oil cooler equipped oil filter housing (same chamfering/smoothing/porting processes as mentioned above), water pump included.

- New timing belt kit (including hydraulic tensioner ram) Pictured with hks cam gears but they're not included. Standards will be on with evo 2/3 or 7 cams, same deal as above. Have other adjustable gears to include if needed. CAS and tappet cover, vr4 engine mount also included. Again an evo block mount is availble for a bit extra

Full blueprint spec sheet available on request.

Price for this is 3800 as long motor, I have inlet manifolds (for both 6 and 7 bolt heads) as well as exhaust manifolds and all necessary new gaskets available as needed with price adjustment as to be agreed.

For extra I can include a vr4 loom with Haltech ex6 ecu ready to hook up, includes map senosr and all othe sensors required. Price to be discussed as part of package.

I am quite happy to swap bits around as desired- I have extra 6 bolt and 7 bolt heads, you can have whichever setup you like

As mentioned, there was a gsr (1993) involved in the build process which will soon be for sale, but is yet to have a new 2 litre put in it. It does currenty have an evo 1 engine and has a mod plate for it plus rego in Qld, but I have several options for new engines for it before I put it up for sale (inc 2.3 strokers). If you're interested in a gsr package (or want to know the options) that is built specifically for you before I put it up for sale in the car sales page let me know.

Some pics attached, but there's plenty in my picture gallery, see the stuff for sale folder-  I can get more pics as requested

Happy to answer whatever questions you feel you need to ask.

Andrew

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_1935.jpg
  • DSC_1921.jpg
  • DSC_1928.jpg
  • DSC_1268.jpg
  • DSC_1271.jpg
  • DSC_1272.jpg
  • DSC_1379.jpg
  • DSC_1262.jpg
  • DSC_1582.jpg

Edited by doo doo, 14 February 2016 - 12:04 PM.

didn't have time do do it right but found the time to do it twice....

rahsio

rahsio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationgold coast
Hey bruv would you sell the loom separate kuz ? Vr4 one

doo doo

doo doo

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Hey bruv would you sell the loom separate kuz ? Vr4 one

Might have a spare one anyway in the box of spares, will check and get back to you. From memory might have a couple of plugs that are slightly damaged

Edited by doo doo, 21 February 2016 - 11:26 AM.

Pigbait

Pigbait

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGold coasy
Item 2 still up for sale

doo doo

doo doo

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

^ both packages now spoken for (package 2 still haven't received deposit but if it falls through I will let you know in the next week or so). Once money changes hands I will edit the post. I do have more 6 bolt and 7 bolt engines yet to put together so I can sort yo out for something if you like, pm me for details

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4g636 bolt, forged, gsr, vr4, haltech

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users