Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My attempt at a sleeper.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD
Holy update batman. Wonderful day of progress.

Finially got the intake shaved and opened up for the new 70mm TB also whipped up a FIAV/ISC delete as i ordered a evo 123 one but forgot i had a 789 tps. Egr delete plate fitted up aswell but not shown. Intake only dummied up in photo.
Also installed a new fuel filter as i dont have one earlier down the line.
8780aef34bd6f0309b10248bfc2beedc.jpgb7de34b3e2ee4d7b790029c143c27163.jpg
60fb316ab5bac8e874c9244fb470d72b.jpg

New fuel return out of the FPR finished aswell. I love fittings!
d7536a9c2e1cf2cbf2e6c1480742336a.jpg

Also bit the bullet and did some wiring. Had to add a starter relay in the engine bay fusebox as it didnt have one factory. So had to find the crank wire which was black yellow. Also had to run IGN 12V+ power to the ecu and the eletronic boost controller. So im pretty sure that's all the under dash wiring finished up. Still need to join the dash loom to the boot loom but thats a cluster fuck and will deal with that when i have more rum.

bdef694a6ccbba5610077d18ae0a365b.jpg

Purchased some silicone radiator hoses too from ebay too. Dont they line up great?? Sign...

4513a70d7f13b8417b7015eeec2e6af4.jpg

So when i get home I'll duck dowm to BP and grab some fuel and see if i can get it to idle!

Edited by Bryce, 31 October 2016 - 11:34 AM.

4G63t Satria. Should be good.... ish.

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD
Oops. Double post.

Edited by Bryce, 31 October 2016 - 11:34 AM.

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Looking good! Did it take long to port the manifold?

The silicone hose just needs a trim. It'll fit! Where did you get it from?

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD
Porting the manifold took bugger all. 20min maybe. Bought a you beauty new 18v makita die grinder for the job and a fandangled Sutton bit ($60!!) Ad i expected the job to be a pain. At first it was so u did some googling. Turns out aluminium clogs up bits easy. Little bit of lubrication (i used wd40) and the bit doesnt gum up and cuts 20x better.

I think the 70mm might be a bit big as the inside of the plenum chamber tapers in slightly in spots. Oh well it's done now.

The silicone hoses are from ebay. $35 delivered as im cheap and went the cheapest ones.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Edited by Bryce, 31 October 2016 - 12:11 PM.

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Wd40? why didn't i think of that?
I spent a good hour on mine. Grinding, picking with a screw driver, grinding, repeat.....

Lucky i asked!

That intake was off my vr4 when i originally had a Steve Murch Tdo5/6 23G. Venturi effect intake!

Mattress loved that car. I'm trying to get him back into the game. If you are reading this Mat, you know you want it!

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD
Small update.

Tried to get it to idle... but turns out I'm not getting any spark. Not exactly sure why. I've changed the setup a fair bit since last running. I've gone from standard coilpacks and ignitor to a COP setup wired directly from the ECU. The coils im using are Toyota 4 wire jobbies with inbuilt ignitors so that shouldn't be a problem.
I'll plug the laptop in and see what it's doing when i get home. The ECU is 15 years old so its probably cactus anyway.

Also note to self: Don't forget to block oil pressure guage port when you remove the guage sender.
c1752f916a5928762ef236f3f361726c.jpg

Edited by Bryce, 25 November 2016 - 07:30 AM.

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD

So im at a road block. Dont know whats going on. Car will idle fine if you keep it running off aerostart (Forgot how nice they sound!) however the injectors aren't opening. Fuel pressure is fine at 43psi. 

Ive taken the rail and injectors out and zip tied then to the rail so they dont fly off. Cranked the engine over with the injectors facing into a bucket and none of them are opening. Im starting to think the Ecu is cactus and has spat the injector board.

However the funny thing is that if you remove the CAS and spin it slowly by hand both the injectors and coils tick!

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Fuel pressure while cranking is 43 psi? Or when key is on ign and while priming?

I'm thinking maybe the fuel pump primes but it's not running during crank.

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD
I originally thought that too and nope. Have checked that. Drops to 41psi during cranking

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD
So have left an injector zip tied into the rail and have given it 12v power from usual spot and earthed the other side... theoretically it should squirt fuel but it doesnt. Starting to think the injectors are blocked as it does tick if i spin the CAS by hand

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationPomona, Sunshine Coast, QLD
Get them flow tested and cleaned, I just had the same issue, but only 1 was blocked. Cleaned and tested and they work like new :) may or may not be worth it depending what injectors they are? I can sell you a set of stock 390cc injectors if you need?

Edit: Just scrolled up, you've got a 63, disregard my offer lol

Edited by Ian91, 27 December 2016 - 09:18 AM.

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD
630cc Siemens in at the moment. If they're buggered I'll get some 1000cc e85 ones

ULS33

ULS33

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationBRISVEGAS (Brisbane)

Dude!! I'm just a few suburbs away from you in Chuwar, currently doing the same swap/conversion. Nice setup, would be great to catch up and get some ideas/ tips/info from you. Have you completed the AWD conversion as of yet?
So far I've stripped the Satria to nearly a bare shell and removed a majority of the sound deadening. 

PM me  :thumbsup:

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD

Fuckin YAY!! Injectors back from cleaners and in. Forgot how mental it sounds

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD
Finally got off my ass and did some 'work' on the car.

Attacked the front end under the radiator support so i can dummy up where the intercooler is going to sit

2ee0b4b3394df965893c629360079269.jpg

However i dont think I'll fit a 600x300 core in there as there is no room for the pipe elbows unless i go a V Mount design which is still a possibility. A 450x300 core will fit in there spot on. Talking to a mob about a custom plazaman and we'll see what the damage ($$$) will be.

887291a9f6b1bd03d485142b77a313e9.jpgef13037240484ea78d696ffd77caadab.jpg

However this is how it will look with the bumper on. Exactly what i wanted. The cooler and pipes will be painted black with black joiners and hose clamps.
444462502d4f407ca95844f6b73e6321.jpg

SIVART

SIVART

CE9A-0000001

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

coming alone nicely , way better than mine 

I put the vertical support back as the upper rad support becomes very weak, and I was worried about the bonnet flipping 

th_20161104_191322_zpsyaffpr0f.jpg

th_20161104_191328_zpsbr728vhs.jpg

Bryce

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationFernvale, QLD
Will be running aerocatch bonnet pins so not the standard latch.

I'll see if i can work a vertical support into the intercooler mounts just for piece of mind.

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

You don't need a vertical support if you're using bonnet latches.  I don't have a centre rad support in my setup and it's still sturdy.  My fabricator welded a tab onto the radiator to allow an upper attachment point for the intercooler.

You could get an alloy welder to do that for you.

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

SIVART

SIVART

CE9A-0000001

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Im not running any Pins or catches so that makes sense 

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Yeah the centre support is more for slam requirements when you drop the bonnet onto the factory hood latch.

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users