Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Are early Evos collectible?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

Not sure if anyone watches the "Classic Car Show" on TV with Quentin Wilson and Jodie Kidd. A few episodes back Quentin suggested that early Evos are a good buy.

This makes me wonder, given the values of 80s icons like E30 M3s, Sierra Cosworths etc, when will 90s limited edition sports cars start climbing? There were plenty of R32 GTRs made (~50,000) buy only 5,000 of each E1, 2, and 3. 

So circa 15,000 of the cc's in total. Then take off all the cars that were rallied, wrecked on the street, had terminal (roof!) rust or turned into half cuts for GSR conversions. So who knows how many are left now?

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Another 10yrs i think
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

they'll start climbing soonish but only the realy die hard fans will be in for the early ones. i think the real money is going to be in the 7+ models in particular the e9. it seems to be the only one thats held a steady value.

als with the vo line ending thats when i think you'll see a spike in demand right on the end of the production run once that last final edition is sold thats when the impulse buyers looking for the collector car will buy. of the earlies i think the 3 will be the most sought after

yes it's me KHUBNER

VIN18M

VIN18M

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationSydney
TMEs will be the ones that end up being more desirable I reckon.

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

maybe but i think like the final edition being made as the pseudo collectors car they  won't be desirable to "collectors"

yes it's me KHUBNER

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC

Yes please!

http://www.goo-net-e...3001/index.html

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Wow ^ !!
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

EvoOne

EvoOne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationSydney

Agree that Maks and 3s will be collectible. They were iconic. But if you don't own a 3, then you have to stick with what you have (or buy more! :D)

Whilst the 9s are popular, I wonder whether they'll be really collectible. There were too many made. But I guess they were also sold in the US, which may impact the interest (noting LHD vs RHD).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users