Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Soon to be E85

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney

Another update.

I got BPR7ES spark plugs installed gapped at 0.22 and you can feel a difference.

This is now fuel map tuned and timing advanced with no knocks at all. Boost is still 22 and tapering down to 19 towards the top end. I am waiting for 3 port solenoid so I can start tuning the boost with hopefully even more power. :)  

Dyno run 02-11-15.jpg

Lancer Evolution 7 GSR '01

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Awesome man, what 3 port are you going with?

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney

Awesome man, what 3 port are you going with?

I was gonna get grimmspeed 3 port but I went with custom option from Meek. Still comes with stock replacement option, plug and play. :)

Edited by vr401, 03 November 2015 - 04:07 AM.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
0.22 plug gap? Fuck thats tiny !!!
Why so small?
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney

0.22 plug gap? Fuck thats tiny !!!
Why so small?

Misfire.
That's why i used 8 heat range as well.
Many run 0.20 with boost 25psi +

My iridium heat range 7 gapped at 0.22 misfired a bit too.
As soon as i get three port I will boost it up so I'm getting ready.

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

I was gonna get grimmspeed 3 port but I went with custom option from Meek. Still comes with stock replacement option, plug and play. :)

True, I have the grimmspeed one in my 5 and was gunna use the same in the rvr, is the meek one around the same price?

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney

True, I have the grimmspeed one in my 5 and was gunna use the same in the rvr, is the meek one around the same price?

It is if not under depending where you're getting grimmspeed from. Call Meek and he can custom make the length of wiring to suit your setup too.

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney

Ok

I installed 3 port solenoid from Meek. Boost control is so much more steady.

Here is another log in Virtual dyno compared to one attached above, a bit more torque and power. No knocks at all.

img.png

Rockabilly

Rockabilly

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • LocationSydney

Forgies + more :thumbsup: PSI :thumbsup:

Aldo

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney

Forgies + more :thumbsup: PSI :thumbsup:
Aldo

You had a feel of it today driving it mate. :)

Still playing with tune mate but definitely going in right direction. I think that virtual dyno now shows over 260kw and well over 400nm of torgue at 24psi on evo 7 stock turbo :).

Cheers

Rockabilly

Rockabilly

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • LocationSydney

Was good to drive your Evo 7 with E85 & some Boost

Need that kw & torque in my GTA Auto

Aldo

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney

New update

I've been playing up with it for a bit. Some more fine tuning around 5.5k to 6k rpm to try to bump up the power a bit. 

More power for sure and a lot more torque :)

I believe turbo is running out of it's legs being stock evo 7 turbo. 

I don't want to push any more boost on this turbo just to cause more heat into engine without any significant power gain.

Next thing is Evo 8 MR turbo with 10.5 exhaust and exhaust mani to go on and we'll see differences before I go full on next year with GTP 762 turbo.

Cheers

Test run Stroker 2.3.jpg

VIN18M

VIN18M

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationSydney

Just read through this post in it's entirety, nice job!

Man the power from the newer model Evo's with stock internals makes it a no brainer if you want a quick street car. 

In regards to the plug gap, I'm also running BPR7ES plugs at 0.20 but with 25psi, seems to be the go. Not sure if it's due to the amount of E85 pumped into the combustion chamber and the affect this has on the spark with a wider plug gap?

E85 is a beautiful thing. After reading this I'm tempted to go back to the tuners to add some more timing to my current tune, now that the clutch situation is sorted.

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney

Just read through this post in it's entirety, nice job!

Man the power from the newer model Evo's with stock internals makes it a no brainer if you want a quick street car. 

In regards to the plug gap, I'm also running BPR7ES plugs at 0.20 but with 25psi, seems to be the go. Not sure if it's due to the amount of E85 pumped into the combustion chamber and the affect this has on the spark with a wider plug gap?

E85 is a beautiful thing. After reading this I'm tempted to go back to the tuners to add some more timing to my current tune, now that the clutch situation is sorted.

I always gap the plugs to suit leaving biggest gap possible before it starts breaking. I'm running stock evo 7 coils and leads too.

As for e85 mate, just be careful with timing at spool up from 3000 to 4000 rpm. E85 doesn't like too advanced spool but after that just add a lot of timing. I retarded timing on mine at spool up down to 2 deg at 3k to 5deg at 4.2k and after that advancing to 20 7k. Just remember my setup now is 2.3 stroker fully forged internals.
With e85 afr i run 12.8 to 12.5 on first run with lean spool on and 0.5afr lean spool offset so once hot it will run 12.3 to 12 afr.

Cheers

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney
Btw. I now run 8's since rebuild ;)

VIN18M

VIN18M

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationSydney
Tuner organizes all that stuff for me, I'm not smart enough to do any of that on my own. Just running plugs and gaps he told me to run 😊

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Tuner organizes all that stuff for me, I'm not smart enough to do any of that on my own. Just running plugs and gaps he told me to run 😊

Just wondering who does your tuning?

VIN18M

VIN18M

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationSydney
Micks Motorsport

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney

And finally turbo is at it's max for now :D

So this is still on Evo 7 turbo with stock exhaust manifold and dump.

I have new manifold, dump and MR turbo with 10.5 exhaust side to go on. Will see how much more can it push over this.

My Run Stroker 2.3.jpg  

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Geelong
Nice thatd be some fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users