Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Automatic Transmission Upgrades

- - - - - W4A33

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

MrConsistent

MrConsistent

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCanberra

Hi mate, Aldo mentioned that your running a borg warner turbo?
If so, which one are you running and what's the spool like?

EFR 7670 1.09 twin scroll.

Spool is great full boost off the line stall up at 3800rpm (tune was done before i found a boost leak so retune required hope that makes it even better) 

Cams not adjusted yet (0DEG) and tune was fairly safe still quite a bit more adjustment in timing to go...AND

the bloke that did the install of the turbo didn't do the manifold correctly for twin scroll though so missing out on some advantages there too....

But 303AWKW at 25psi on E85 and of course with an auto is not bad  :P

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Yep^ nice. That would be fun.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside
Nice, must be fun on the street.
I'm looking at a S366 with a .91ts rear.
I'm hoping spool shouldn't be too bad and it should make tonnes of power up top. Well that's the plan anyway!
Most of the borg turbos seem to have good spool characteristics so with a stall somewhere in the 3800-4000 range it should launch nicely.

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

MrConsistent

MrConsistent

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCanberra

Looking at all the stats on the dyno I should have gone the next step up in turbo

More power still roughly the same spool up with tune done 100% and more power..

but you live and learn at the time i didn't want to be too laggy though driving it now with the auto it wouldn't have mattered....

next size up is same frame size as current so easy to change but they are not cheap and with the AUD V USD so crappy only makes it worse.

I'll see where i end up in a few weeks after a re-tune  :thumbsup: once tax return comes through that is :blink:

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
I was interested in the sizing compared to a gt35r. The evom guys saying they line ball with a gt35r up top, but a heap better down low. Seems a well rated turbo.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

MrConsistent

MrConsistent

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCanberra

That's what i had heard too it would be interesting to have done this lot of work in my other car (was manual RVR is auto) for a better comparison but kept killing boxes with 250AWKW and 6k launches :o other advantages are the built in BOV and the internal waste gate the design is great compared to the internal gates on garret turbos, so if this is your first set of upgrades you can save a lot on the manifold and bov and pipewok....

Compact size too, but if i had my time again turbo in different location/positioning than it is (cant add the speed sensor as it would hit the water lines, outlet of turbo only just misses front roll stopper, had to use smaller oil filter to miss dump pipe and have to remove dump pipe to change the filter) lets just say not done with a lot of thought......

Doing tax this weekend finally got the group certs so hopefully next few weeks tune time baby  :P

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
Have you considered oil filter relocation?
I'm getting this kit for mine to free up room...
http://www.amazon.co...ount Filter Kit

Tim

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC

Hey Tim, do you know if the centre diffs are the same in the autos and manuals?

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
Different Dre. Totally!

Tim

Magnus

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationThe home of unemployed bogans - Hervey bay,

I WISH they were the same, it would make things so much easier. I'll have to get a custom gear set to run the 3.909 rear for mine.

Edited by Benzo4gT, 07 September 2015 - 08:05 AM.

Bit of a tool, and owner of "The Turdis" - Hervey Bay

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Okay so after seeing a couple of shift boxes I'm thinking maybe worth a look, I've been looking at road surge units and wondering how much better it is than the blue wire mod with the tps? Obvious difference ive noticed is programmable shift points but as long as I can shift using the stick ill be pretty happy

also what size and brand coolers are people upgrading to? Is it worth getting a fan cooled unit for the extra 50? Or are they too big??
ebay units any good?

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
I use a forced four shiftbox in mine, works great.
And you can wire it to work with the stock tcu as well.
For a oil cooler I got a B&M 70274. Get the biggest cooler that you can fit, heat kills autos!

Tim

Magnus

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationThe home of unemployed bogans - Hervey bay,

↑↑ What he said. Search around for an Eprom TCU and have the shift points adjusted to suit your driving style, best of both worlds.

Bit of a tool, and owner of "The Turdis" - Hervey Bay

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Yea I seen that mike has a forced four box as well,
I just heard back from Tim at road surge and he's waiting to get parts to make more but roughly $180 usd for the box and buttons delivered, so not bad really and I think I'll try it if I dont come across the eprom type
are there any compatible auto models like a verada or something?
anyone else using the tps/ switched type blue wire mod?

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
ebay item^
You could maybe use one of these voltage switches to switch your blue wire mod. It could read your tps and switch to the blue wire mod when it derects a preset position.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
http://www.autospeed...switch&A=113008

but this is the one i bought, and the tech to make it work.
ebay item^ $4.12 now!

Edited by eJackulator, 08 September 2015 - 05:40 AM.

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Sorry man, I should of been a bit morr descriptive. The tps is only to generate a signal current and is fixed,
heres the link:

http://www.dsmtuners...ual-mod.286205/

what do you think man, your better than me with electrical things, I'll see how it goes (will be done thursday) and report back anyway

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Just ordered some of those trigger switch things. Good idea, I got 5 cos I have a few things to try. Cheers man

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Yea, they awesome. Could even get them to run auto headlights.

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Yea I seen that mike has a forced four box as well,
I just heard back from Tim at road surge and he's waiting to get parts to make more but roughly $180 usd for the box and buttons delivered, so not bad really and I think I'll try it if I dont come across the eprom type
are there any compatible auto models like a verada or something?
anyone else using the tps/ switched type blue wire mod?

If you get the forced four box, it applies full pressure. Hard up-shifts are not pleasant for daily driving when you're trying to cruise around. The whole car momentarily squats and I'm guessing it looks rather silly from the outside too.

I was going to get a road surge one but at the time he said the same thing to me, awaiting parts etc.

I remember seeing the road surge schematics somewhere and it didn't look hard to modify it to use full pressure only on the up-shifts.
To better the install in Mike's old car, I'd have gotten the TCU re-mapped as Benny mentioned. The factory shift points are kinda dumb.

Edited by MDK87, 09 September 2015 - 01:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users