Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Automatic Transmission Upgrades

- - - - - W4A33

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
So, I've been looking into whats required to be able to make the auto's handle some decent to high sort of power, I dont know whats possible but hoping to go with dual maps for ecu and tcu, a 400hp 98 tune/ moderate gear changes and a 600hp/ hard changes, but the mapping is probably best saved for another thread,
however I would like to start compiling the needed parts and knowledge now to make the upgrade process easier and more affordable, so far the parts/ mods required i think are

Blue wire mod- understand now
Trans cooler- easy one there
welded centre- will do
Translab TM175HP valve body- ordered
Kiggly 5-Friction front clutch pack- ordered
2nd gear band upgrade?? Who does these
torque converter?? Eliminator or slingshot?
ipt end clutch kit???
something im forgetting too

what about the following,
Level 10 PTS bullet proof rebuild kit? any good or better off with the other bits

Edited by BYBY5L, 17 July 2015 - 02:53 PM.

MrConsistent

MrConsistent

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCanberra

Talk to Rockabilly, AKA Aldo does the best builds for forum members only I'm running 300awkw hope for 400 ish after re-tune and the box handles it fine  :thumbsup:

Fast changes and all the supporting work to the internals to hold it together....

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Yeah i know Aldo is the best person to speak to but ive seen hes quite busy and dont wanna bust his chops with things other members can help me with, not till i get most of the stuff sorted anyway, plus being theres a few autos on here now i thought someone would be able to pass on some of Aldo's wise words or some of their finds,

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
What converter are you going with?
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
dunno man, any suggestions? any local suppliers?

MrConsistent

MrConsistent

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCanberra

I got mine done by slingshot .....but according to the dyno sheet it is not locking up until 5700rpm ish which is a lot higher than i had hoped, does seem a little slippy while driving normally it does get up and boogie :)   I am still to see how it will go at high speeds on the track.

It was apparently just a strengthen up and whatever but it came out much higher stalling than Aldo's......

Have been told it is very hard to find a business who is a wizard with converters If you find a good place let me know might get mine redone :)

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Use std converter and nos it
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

ted

ted

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWodonga VIC

Im have around a 3500 slingshot in mine...havent driven it yet though :S

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Spoke to a place in Thomastown, dominator torqe convertors, they need specs for an exact price, but ball park $800 -$1600 and the race eliminator has a stall from 1800 rpm
hey ted, whats the damage on that? And can ya get a lower stall in it?
An jack, i dont know if the mrs will go for that, might get a bit sus cos even she knows 'nos' and 'reliable' arent friends

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Just a 50 shot off the line....

ted

ted

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWodonga VIC

Not sure on the costing man it was setup with the trans i had built.

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside
How much did the slingshot work set you back guys?

And to the answer the first poster, most of what you have listed is fine :)
These boxes are pretty tough, all I've done to mine is a translab shift kit, kiggly 5 plate clutch pack and ipt end kit along with a welded centre. Handles decent boost through a 62mm turbo and shifts great. It's kind of funny the looks that you get when you chirp the tyres into second gear without much effort lol

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

ted

ted

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWodonga VIC

I have no idea man Aldo took care of it when he built my trans

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Hey Tim? Was Tim yea, did you have any local suppliers or did you order all of yours via the states?

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
His sig says Tim.......
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside
^^ lol,
I ordered the kiggly stuff direct and the rest from ipt trans.

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Weeeooooowwweeeeeoooooowwweeeeoooow
Sorry officer jamo, its very rare I get to see the full version now days

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Telstra have wifi phone booths now so you have no excuse!
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
So ya holiday home has wifi now huh?? lol

J/k whats that got to do with the price of fish anyhoo? I only get on 4g via my phone, and only flick to full to see locations, pretty doubtful ill be checking sigs before I post

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Lol...ya got all ya facts wrong ya have.
I only answered ya question anyway, thats what it has to do with ya price of fish...no need to fly off ya handle.

Edited by evo-gsr, 16 July 2015 - 04:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users