Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ECU Pin Swaps

- - - - - GSR Evo Evo 6 Evo VI ECU

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationPerth, Balcatta

So I've been having a proper look and tabulating which pins I'll need to change on my GSR Plugs so they match up to the correct ones on the Evo VI ECU. I've ordered a 12 pin plug from Spoolinup for the couple of wires that will need to go to pins located on there (GSR harness only has three plugs, not four). The problems I've run into I've listed below.

-Evo Pinout just has two "Radiator fan" pins, no mention of High or Low

-Evo 3 harness only has two "diagnostics" pins, whereas the Evo VI ECU has "Diagnostics (1)", "Diagnositcs (7)", and "Diagnostics" So I'm not sure which ones I should be swapping to where..

-Evo 6 ECU has spots for pins that aren't on the GSR Harness from what I can tell, these are: 

-"A/C Fan Lo Speed"

-"A/C Fan Hi Speed"

-"Fuel Pump (speed)
-"Alternator FR"

-"Lambda heater"

-Evo VI ECU has no matching pins for the following:

-"Alarm W/L"

-"Fan Relay"

-"Rear Screen On" <-Rear wiper? In which case Evo specific

-"Octane Adjust"  <- Maybe Evo specific?

-"Exhaust Temp +"
-"Exhaust Temp -" <-GSR doesn't have any exhaust temp sensors, unless it's located in the O2 sensor..

And to clarify a few things, I have marked some with hastags, I'm fairly sure these are the correct swaps, but the names of the pins are different so I thought I'd check.

Pinouts%20pic_zpskid3tqum.png

Edited by 3VOLUTIONIST, 16 March 2015 - 12:07 PM.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
I think you will need to download the full wiring diagrams. Then you can see where the wires run to. The diag wires will go to the obd2 port, the diagrams will tell you what pin. One is tx the other rx.
you dont need to worry about the dual fuel pump speeds, something gets changed in the flash to make it single speed. Or its only a earth switch, so you could wire both pump speeds to the pump.
not sure with altenator. Not sure if you run 12v to it to stop fault light or not. Its for voltage control of altenator.
Rear screen on- maybe a electrical load thing. Best check diagrams. Prob not important
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

I think you will need to download the full wiring diagrams. Then you can see where the wires run to. The diag wires will go to the obd2 port, the diagrams will tell you what pin. One is tx the other rx.
you dont need to worry about the dual fuel pump speeds, something gets changed in the flash to make it single speed. Or its only a earth switch, so you could wire both pump speeds to the pump.
not sure with altenator. Not sure if you run 12v to it to stop fault light or not. Its for voltage control of altenator.
Rear screen on- maybe a electrical load thing. Best check diagrams. Prob not important

Ill have to flick through the wiring diagrams and have a closer look. Appears like it wont be too much hassle. Got my Wideband sorted. PLX DM-6 Multigauge, and also got a Tactrix with the mitsubishi adapter. pretty much ready to go now, just have to wait for everything to arrive  :) Opinions on using a 3 port boost solenoid? I have read that some americans use the fuel pressure solenoid thats mounted to the firewall as it doesnt do anything (not sure how much truth there is in that statement..)

Edited by 3VOLUTIONIST, 16 March 2015 - 04:36 PM.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Should be good.
idk about the 3 port. Havent got that far
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
At the moment all I have is one of those gfb bleed valves, don't think it'd be very useful for tuning though. Are the Americans right in saying I can use the fuel pressure solenoid?

evopwr

evopwr

[DIY]

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Sorry if slightly off topic, but are you converting your GSR/EVO1-3 to Evo 6 ECU?
---

4G63t, AWD, Widebody

Posted Image

---

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Sorry if slightly off topic, but are you converting your GSR/EVO1-3 to Evo 6 ECU?

Yup! Nailed it

Geo&Kez

Geo&Kez

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • LocationPerth

At the moment all I have is one of those gfb bleed valves, don't think it'd be very useful for tuning though. Are the Americans right in saying I can use the fuel pressure solenoid?

I think what they mean is that you can use the vacuum line to the fpr as a manifold pressure reference source for a 3 port boost controller.
I HATE BEING BIPOLAR........IT'S AWESOME!!

Geo&Kez

Geo&Kez

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • LocationPerth

I think what they mean is that you can use the vacuum line to the fpr as a manifold pressure reference source for a 3 port boost controller.

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

http://www.evolution...-solenoid.html 

"I like using the fuel pressure solenoid as a 3-port boost control solenoid. It works great and it's free since the cars already have one that doesn't serve any useful purpose."

Sounds like he's actually using the FPR solenoid as a boost solenoid

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
One of the important thing is that the resistance of the solonoid is same as oem. If the resistance is less, it can fry the ecu output drivers as it is too much power for them. I think std resistance is 300ohm?
Anyway, the fpr solonoid would certainly be compatible with the ecu. If it is functionally correct, it will be fine. It may have problems opening with boost or closing with pressure on it, but can boost leak test it...

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Well if they are useable then they would be easy to find, pretty much every mitsi would have one wouldn't it?

Geo&Kez

Geo&Kez

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • LocationPerth
I'm lost. The link is bad so I can't see the article. What is a fuel pressure regulator solenoid? Fuel pressure regulator is the mechanical bit on the end of the fuel rail regulated by manifold pressure. Is this another bit of mitsubishi kit I missed out on because I never owned a stock car?

Geo&Kez

Geo&Kez

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • LocationPerth
I'm lost. The link is bad so I can't see the article. What is a fuel pressure regulator solenoid? Fuel pressure regulator is the mechanical bit on the end of the fuel rail regulated by manifold pressure. Is this another bit of mitsubishi kit I missed out on because I never owned a stock car?

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Ah, yes, possibly. It's mounted to the firewall, the vacuum line from the Fuel pressure regulator runs to the solenoid, it's a 3 port, but one port is blocked off.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
K says its a hot start solonoid, changes the fuel pressure to make hot starts easier.

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Hmm ok

Better not nick it off the firewall then. Interested in getting another and trying to use it though

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Mines disconnected and has been for years........Its not needed.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Yep, junking it seems ok. And then the ecu has another switchable output.

Geo&Kez

Geo&Kez

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • LocationPerth
What's it supposed to do? Stop the vacuum pulling fuel pressure on a hot start? You would think a hot start look up table would do a better job.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GSR, Evo, Evo 6, Evo VI, ECU

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users