Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gearbox help

- - - - - gearbox gsr lancer 4g93t cc

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

4bangr

4bangr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Hey guys! I have a W5M33 NRBE gearbox in my gsr, wondering if i can replace it with a W5M33 NRWE gearbox? i know nrbe has no lsd and nrwe has viscous lsd.. needing to replace my gearbox as synchros are gone.

Thanks! 

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
I think the shafts are different for viscous lsd.
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
I think so too ^
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

4bangr

4bangr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

So i will need both cv chafts to match the lsd?

DOUGMO

DOUGMO

yoni lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

rh shaft only will work with a viscous

GENUINE CE9A evo2 gsr track car
all fabrication BJP AUTOMOTIVE
winton 1:27.4 /// sandown 1:21.5 /// phillip island 1:49.2 /// haunted hills 59.1
/// eastern creek 1:35.4 /// winton short 1:01.4

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

See pic.

For the front viscous LSD you need the longer cv cup shaft that goes on the driver's side of the gearbox (Aussie RHD vehicles). The LSD CV cups are hard to find!!!

For the other side (the engine side) you can use a normal jackshaft that goes into the gearbox and bolts to the back of the engine block. 

As a sanity check, make sure you do actually have a front viscous LSD. Look into the guts of your gearbox where the CV shafts go in and you should be able to see straight through it like in the pic I posted. If there is a silver pin inside blocking your view, then its not got a front LSD.

Both are GSR AWD gearbox codes so the gear ratios will be compatible. It's just the CV cup shaft that you need to sort out.

Attached Thumbnails

• Drivers Side Non LSD top, LSD bottom..jpg
  • RS GSR Front Viscous LSD.jpg

Edited by EVO-00X, 05 March 2015 - 12:02 PM.

AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

4bangr

4bangr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Thank you all for your help, i really appreciate that, so i will need a drivers side lsd cup shaft for the NRWE.. And if i was to get the NQBE gearbox which is the non lsd version of the NRWE, could i use the same cv cup shafts off my original gearbox?

Thanks again. 

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

You need the long cv cup for a front viscous LSD.

Do not use the long cv cup for a non LSD gearbox.

The oem normal cv cup should only be used for an open front diff or a mechanical front LSD. 

The reason why viscous LSD cups are hard to find is because guys forget to sell them with their front viscous LSD's.

They viscous LSD's are basically useless without the long cv cup to go with it. Unless you can get another aftermarket one from somewhere which is going to cost an extra $200-$400 from what I've seen.

AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
I have a viscous lsd and cv shaft cup for sale.
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gearbox, gsr, lancer, 4g93t, cc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users