Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

4g93t

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

dan88

dan88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
Hi all I have a lancer gsr turbo 4g93t Cd5a looking at trying to go for 300bhp at the wheels any advice of where to buy the forged rods pistons from obviously going to have to re bore the block so will have to go oversize slightly, also debating if I will need forged crank and what is best oil pump for uprated??? All help appreciated

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Crank will be sweet, oil pump I dont think they make a high flow but could be wrong as I only really got deep into 63's, you can get billet oil pump gears and I think 'ricki' might be selling some,

IIRC vince (VIN18M) used spool rods and cp pistons, he'll be able to tell ya where and how much id imagine

BRUSHED

BRUSHED

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGisborne
Yeah crank is good for 300 plus kW at the wheels, I run 40thou oversize CP pistons but you don't need it that big for the power your chasing. Forged rods is a must. Evo 3 throttle body with slight porting of the intake manifold, evo 3 injectors and turbo, 20 pound boost with bigger front mount cooler and that should see you what.
  • ted likes this

dan88

dan88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
Cheers I have seen duratech forged rods seem to be all I can find are these any good where is best for parts and can I get them to the UK??

Dave_GSR1.8

Dave_GSR1.8

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Try

http://www.spoolimpo...-piston-package

(courtesy of khubner1)

Dunno if they ship to the UK... worst case they can give you some contact details for someone over there

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Spoolin has a international shipping tab, so looks promising.
Im sure one of us here close could post to uk
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

spool ships international and has rod/piston packages. the pistons are cp pistons with spool laser etched on them. the rods however cannot tell you where they obtain those from as they came in a generic box individually wrapped. spool does supply weight specifications on the rods and the cp pistons are matched to +-1gram in a set. i am running a spool rods/piston package in my 93MT (yes there is no such real engine as an MT i have a mivec head swapped 93 with a turbo thus MT) and they're fine the rods supplied are much much beefier than factory.

IMG_0554_zps87664aa4.jpg

IMG_0558_zpsdb15f834.jpg the rods are also laser etched with spool

yes it's me KHUBNER

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

if you want to get adventurous you could try honda pistons and rods for the b18 series engine. the honda piston have a smaller pin height but a slightly longer rod with matching measurements for the crank big end and bore. theres alot more options for the b18 than there is for a 93t. for example you can build with as much as 13.5:1 compression ratio to as little as 8:1 (based on honda application specs) a 93t has a 10cc dish to acheive 8.5:1 the honda 8.5:1 pistons have 12cc dish

the b18 shares the same borexstroke as the 93T and I've already checked the big end measurements so theoretically provided the valve reliefs are adequate you could use the Honda b18 stuff to build a forged 93

as far as pistons go i would contact cp and see if you can get the pistons specs for botha 4g93 piston and a honda b18 piston (we know that the piston pin heigh is different what you want to know is valve releif depth angle and location to ensure valve clearance)

NOTE: i have not tested this combination in a 4g93 and as such cannot recomend or attest to how well they'd suit of fit. i only mention this to give you ideas on places to find more parts. attempt using honda parts at your own risk!

yes it's me KHUBNER

dan88

dan88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
thankyou so much guys you are being so helpful just trying to work out what management to use also already running yellow injectors. Have been told it ran a td05-16g before I got it and an ostrich ecu but I have never heard of these

Edited by dan88, 21 February 2015 - 02:36 PM.

Widget

Widget

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationPerth
If your forging it and getting machine work done, would it not be worth strocking it as well?
I only ask as im thinking of going down this road aswell.

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

there's only one stroke kit i know of it takes it up to 2l if your going to go to 2l why not just get a 63 far more options out there

yes it's me KHUBNER

VIN18M

VIN18M

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationSydney
Pistons and rods, nice sized turbo, decent boost, go and have some fun.

Widget

Widget

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationPerth
I hear what you're saying but then why even bother forging a 93t?

I dont have an answer to that but I still want to.

Were did u find this said stroked kit and do u remember rough price?

Sorry for the thread hijack

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

http://advancedperfo...to-20l.html?m=1

why forge a 93t because the stock rods are weak as hell. you either don't have access to or the money to buy build and transplant a 63T. because with a good management system a 93T is capable of making plenty of power

yes it's me KHUBNER

BRUSHED

BRUSHED

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGisborne
It's also good to be different and use the 93t. Don't always have to follow the crowd

dan88

dan88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
Cheers guys bit more info what maf would you use and what ecu heard ostrich are good and haltech but could you just map an evo 3 one or chip it

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Ecmlink if you want to selftune
evo 7-8 ecu if you have tuned before, or live near someone good with evoscan.
haltech or whatever your local dyno guy says if you getting him to tune it.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Maf? Id say a 399 or 482. But you will need to tune ecu to run it. Both those are round like your gsr.
055 or 609 are oval and need evo piping to run them, plus evo ecu, and injectors.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Or just go a speed density setup and piss the AFM off altogether.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Or that ^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users