Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

looking for a 4g63t engine to buy

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ekarus.kid

Ekarus.kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationbunbury
Got a lancer cc with a evo 2 engine timing belt recently skip and I'm not sure whether to buy a new engine or try rebuilding any help would be very much appreciated I also got tea boned and is looking for rear quarter panels....

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Fuck...you havent had much luck lately by the sounds of things?
Why is insurance not fixing the acco damage??
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

Dave_GSR1.8

Dave_GSR1.8

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Not sure what your best option is re "tea boned and is looking for rear quarter panels...."

To me "tea boned " suggests you have been hit in the middle of the side of the car and therefore not worth repairing, but all is not lost because if you look around you can pick up another CC GSR for $4 - 6k, maybe less, use your insurance money to put towards it and see if you can buy the wreck so you can salvage all the conversion bits.

On the other hand, if it is just hit in a few rear panels (and body is not bent) I would have thought you could pick up the panels fairly easily...

Dunno about the motor, whats the damage ?

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA

I will have what you need. Im in yangebup...

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place

Got a lancer cc with a evo 2 engine timing belt recently skip and I'm not sure whether to buy a new engine or try rebuilding any help would be very much appreciated I also got tea boned and is looking for rear quarter panels....

put the timing belt back where it needs to be and run it. If still bad, compression test it. If still bad,
you will not know what to do till the head comes off. If pistons are too stuffed then you have to replace and rebore, if its just a light touch, you may get away with just replacing bent valves. Better hope the guides are ok, cause a wise man told me that they crack the guides pretty often.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users