Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2015 Year of the shit box AWD Mirage

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Lister

Lister

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationHobart

After driving it with the gsr rear sway bar and the E4 front, the rear doesn't feel right. It doesn't feel as planted during cornering as the front. It may be because of the spring rates, but I think there's a fundamental miss match in the components. After upgrading from the std E3 sway bar to the whiteline in my previous ride. It was a noticeable improvement, even at low speeds. However I think that option would be a bit on the ambitious side for this project.

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Have you tried a bit more negative camber in the rear?

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

he saying his gsr sway is under spec thus the car is under steery puting a bigg one in the rear will put it towards over steer. i've been around long enough to know the difference comment was about the cars current behaviour NOT it's future behaviour

yes it's me KHUBNER

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Who are you replying to ?
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Maybe I havent been around long enough to understand.....
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
If you read his comments dick head he said that the front feels planted in corners so how is that understeer? You think you know everything because you have a awd coupe with a Frankenstein 93 motor in it. If you knew as much as you let on youd have spent your money more wisely on a 4g63 build and your car would be better than what it is. I get it though you are one of those know all guys that just likes to be different for the sake of it and you think because you are a mod on here your opinion is always correct.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
BAAMMMMMMMMMMM!

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

If you read his comments dick head he said that the front feels planted in corners so how is that understeer? You think you know everything because you have a awd coupe with a Frankenstein 93 motor in it. If you knew as much as you let on youd have spent your money more wisely on a 4g63 build and your car would be better than what it is. I get it though you are one of those know all guys that just likes to be different for the sake of it and you think because you are a mod on here your opinion is always correct.

Kinda why I asked who he was replying to...thought I had missed something?
Obviously I didnt.
Im not the only one who didnt get it......

Lister

Lister

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationHobart

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif#

Yeah imo the stock rear swaybar from a gsr is suitable for a stock fwd 900kg Mirage. It's under size for the application, will be fitting GSR rear springs, and 18mm sway bar tomorrow. I'm pretty confident this will give me the balance I desire.

Lister

Lister

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationHobart

Fitted the parts, and it's now bang on. I'm very happy with the balance the car now has. 

Cranked

Cranked

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationWollongong
Happy days!
GSR Lancer- JE-73-VO, 11.701@125mph, 1.79 60" and getting faster. No:3 conrod now orbiting the moon.

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
I went 93 instead of 63 because at the time thats is what i could afford and thats what was available. Perhaps i dont think 3.5k-4k for a unknown long block is worth it. Second time around i built the 93 because i had most of the god damn parts already. Not once since buying my initial 93 have i ever thought of going to a 63. And no its not just to be different its because i just dont want one if your willing to supply the entire enigne to me for free sure ill take the thing would building a 63 have been easier bet your ass it would. But i simply did not have access to nor the desire after accumulating so many parts to go that way.

yes it's me KHUBNER

Lister

Lister

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationHobart

So long time no update... I did a thing

18813609_821676081331357_384213420451628

Photo by Russell Downie, ACT MCM Meet.

Lister

Lister

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationHobart

Been meaning to update this recently, but yeah reasons lol. Moved to Tassie 12 months ago and it's been one hell of a ride. Also upgraded to Cusco coilovers from an E3 with the front strut tops changed and some E5 rims. Shits good.

19397074_10154676450556439_6649984176482

40088259_10155730302891439_1933370702136

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
My favourite Evo wheels.....
Looks really good!

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Nice work! The rims really set it off.

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

Lister

Lister

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationHobart

So I threw this on the dyno for shits and giggles. I was both amused and surprised by the power figure. It's definitely a healthy engine, but it has exposed the congested exhaust system I knew it had.

41310481_10155763652756439_4783914584954

• bj likes this

Lister

Lister

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationHobart

Wow long time in between drinks. I'm really not too good at keeping things up to date (including pic links damn facebook) lol. After my tuning visit to TME in Sydney it was making 232kW atws, and was healthy enough.

But more is well... more lol. I wanted a bit more safety over the stock ecu, so I added an ecu, a new cat back exhaust, Bosch 1250cc injectors, Walbro 460, plazmaman piping kit, upgraded the stock fmic inlet/outlet to 2.75", and a turbo from GTPumps (TD06-20G I think).

Either way the mirage is slightly more spritely now, making 242kW @ 20psi on 98, and 300kW@ 23psi on E85. 

181893667_10158095630741439_781668968563

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users