Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

cheap shipping from usa!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
I know is sucks when guys wont send stuff from ebay.
It sucks when guys (like fp) have crap shipping rates too.
It sucks when you want, say piston ring pliers and ebay worldwide shipping want $30 to post them.
It sucks when a order is bigger than $1k and you get stung gst.
It sucks not to have shipping rates and options.
It sucks paying 5% sales tax in usa.

It all sucks, but I may have found a solution.

Im trying a guy called Ben. Apparently he is a aussie. He runs a shop in tax free oregon called matesfreight. There is only a few tax free states in usa.
He will split orders, repack, get rid of surplus packaging, store goods till other bits arrive. Basically he just organises shipping to save us money. There is others around that offer similar, but ben seems pretty flexible and helpful.
I have a heap of new parts coming, some heavy, some electronics, some painted. And 5 seperate items from ebay.
I just added 'my' new address in oregon to my ebay account and then change location to usa and search away.
Ben charges 5% of item price, but I was charged $80 (+20 bank fees) for nearly $2500 of goods. I hope his spelling is better than his maths. Invoiced by paypal. Also with shipping options. We know that usps are pretty cheap up to a point but dhl are cheaper when things get a bit bigger or heavier.
Anyway, my first parts should get here mid next week so I shal report back then.

Some places wont accept credit cards from aus, or maybe you dont want to use your card. Ben can sort it out for you. Let him know what you want, he will tell you shipping and invoice you.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
http://www.matesfreight.com
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Fuck yea jack, thats a good find

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Interesting.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

RicKii``

RicKii``

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

I saw on the news Aussie post will soon(or now) have an address in Oregon aswell for forward shipping.

Was along the lines of $25 to handle shipping and $6 for every 500g. Could be worth a look aswell

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
I looked at the aussie post option and its not bad. You have to do your sums, and its just straight shipping. Probably not bad if you want a fp turbo or manifold.
And you have the aussie post name.
But they do not offer consilidation of parcels. When a thing arrives, they ship it. If you want 2 things, they ship them seperate and charge the $25 twice.

There is a few others. I looked at shipito as well. They are in oregon. They have a membership if you want consolidation of parcels. But you actually write out your own post label and fill in your address and customs info. I think its $50 membership and $12 a box plus shipping.

Watch out for the sea freight option. Its cheap, but gst is paid on the whole container, so even if you are under $1k you still pay. Also you pay fumigation and handling and heaps of other stuff. One of the brothers here got a front spoiler sent sea freight. Pretty pricey in the finish.

jerome266

jerome266

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBribie
Great find !!!
FULLY MOLESTED RICED OUT JSPEC VR4

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Its taken a couple of weeks to get my first shipment over. Apparently its thanksgiving and they are very busy with the sales. They do personal shopping for a fee, so maybe lots of aussies are buying up big for christmas.
So my first box has arrived, but im not home to inspect it. Will report back after I have a look.

Communication has been good with emails, until goods started arriving to the depot, then its a couple of days between updates. But they must be busy as they havent done the shipping quote for my last box yet.....and they dont make any money till I pay the quote.
They better hurry up as im thinking of some cadillac calipers and other goodies.

htgsr

htgsr

HTGSR

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationSurfers

I'm looking at bring a big set of wheels over for wifeys car so I'll be keen to hear how this goes.

Quotes are around $1200 atm from the suppliers

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
$1200 just for the shipping ?
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...

htgsr

htgsr

HTGSR

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationSurfers

Yea bro, one place was going to be about $780 sea freight an around 3 months wait couple of others have said around the $1200 mark

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Look at the shipitto site. If you have the box size and weight, you will get some idea of cost.
Dont sea freight them, it will cost heaps. Even if you fly them 1-2 at a time and keep it under $1k

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Im rereading the customs stuff. I think that gst is calculated on the whole deal including shipping, but only if the value (not including shipping) is $1k or more

Im pretty sure evooox told me this before, so sorry about that.
Might have been evl20t. One of the gurus anyway.

Its here anyway, bit early for me to make sense of it...
http://www.cargosupp...lation/duty.htm

Edited by jack of all, 09 December 2014 - 07:02 PM.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

Yea bro, one place was going to be about $780 sea freight an around 3 months wait couple of others have said around the $1200 mark

fuck that.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
I used shipitto rates, but do your own calcs and remember to include the costs of the shipper.I worked on 17x8" rims (18x9x9 packed) and bbs rim weights of 24lb each.
1 rim/box- $126
2 rim/box- $204
4 rim/box- $350 (all are 5 days dhl!!!)

Then it comes to how much the rims are.

$200 each-
$326x4= $1300 (rim+ freight x packages)
$604x2= $1208
$1150x1= $1150

$500 each-
$626x4 =$2500
$1204x2= $2408 
$2350x1= $2350 +$235 gst = $2585

$800 each-
$926x4 = $3700
$1804 x2=$3608 +$360 =$3968
$3550 x1= $3550 +$355 =$3905.

Do your own sums, but 10% gst is paid on the whole shipment in aussie $ including shipping. It pays to split packages into sub $1k lots, but really its not that much and is it worth the bother? I worked the address as perth too...soz.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
2 boxes have arrived last week.
Both well packed and no damages. After removing all the packing, box was a good 50% full of items. I dunno if thats ok or not. Probably more air pillows and stuff than I would have used, but there were mirrors in there as well, and nothing broke.
2 more boxes next week....
20141211_125154_zps21444f0a.jpg

The other box was a simple relabel, with nothing added. Excellent packing from the original vendor.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Well another box llast week and the final box yesterday. All with good packing.
Customs must have gone through the last box as many items were opened.

Overall happy with costs and packing, service is pretty good. To be fair, it could be faster, but it is christmas/thanksgiving and apparently pretty busy. So that adds delays.
Basically, it will add a week to the shipping time. It would be better if it was 3 days or so and 3 days is probably the minimum, with everything smooth.

But no items lost or damaged so im happy. Will use him again when I can.

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

My mrs is in freight fowarding an even she said thats ridiculous,

an yea jack, $1000 for each package wont incur gst charges, an yea thats without the price of freight
Theres also something where we dont pay the gst or something in the country of origin, ill find out more when I speak to the missus an let you guys know

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Also, does this mean there some new thread updates? on the ute?

and price on sending rims seem ok, bout 25%

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Ha, its bike weather. Boxes are bike bits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users