Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HELP from guys in Vic - Xmas Pressie

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Hi guys

I'm after a particular BMX bike for my 9-year old son for Xmas and you wont believe the hassle I've had trying to find one that he likes!!

The local suppliers around me are sold out (I have yet to contact a couple more on Monday and in Sydney to check) and all the interstate suppliers are not allowed to courier bikes as they are all bound by some regulation that they are to assemble bikes only for pickup from in store - I can respect that for safety reasons I guess. Some parents should just not pick up a tool lol :lol:

Anyway, I contacted Ivanhoe Cycles near Melbourne today and they have 4 of these bikes in stock but they are selling like crazy. Their premises are at Heidelberg and Hannam, near Ivanhoe.

I'm throwing it out there to see if anybody lives near Heidelberg/Hannam who will be able to pick up the assembled bike for me and keep it at their house whilst I arrange for a courier to come and pick it up from you. I will need to get you to print out a consignment slip and attach it to the bike in a clear A4 sleeve as well. That's about it.

Thanks in advance.

I hope I can get lucky locally or in Sydney, but if Im not able to, it would be great to know that I have this other option.

cheers

Rob

AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Worse case I work in bundoora an drive a truck, so I can swing a detour past to pick it up on the way back to the yard, dunno how it'll go getting back from work in the back of the gsr, but I can find a way to get it in, if ya dont get any help pm me or sms to tee it up,
being down the road from ego I can even depot drop it in campbellfield,

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Thanks. If back seat of GSR goes down, it'll fit lol

Will see how things go tomorrow when I ring up a couple of other places :)

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Yea man, see how ya go, an na its got a e5 seat so no folding, lol
but Ill even run back to the work yard in the mrs cx7 if I dont get it in gsr

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC

Hey Rob, I can shoot down to Heidelberg/Ivanhoe tomorrow if you like. I'm also in Sydney this weekend (Staying in Paramatta)

I have sent a pm with my phone number in case you don't have it

dre

Edited by CLuTZ, 24 November 2014 - 07:40 AM.

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Happy to help too Rob, got a Commodore wagon so transport home won't be a problem.

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

OH SHIT YEH DRE!!!! YOU LEGEND :thumbsup:

I called several more places around town and in Sydney today and they have all sold out too.

EDIT: Aaahhhh fark. Dre's coming up via aeroplane and a bike is excess baggage at a $70 fee. Plus it must be packed in a bike box for an additional $15 purchased at the airport. Rules are it must have tyres deflated, handlebars loosened and turned sideways, seat pole down and pedals off. It's not worth your hassle of pulling it apart and trying to carry it with you to the airport Dre, then placing it in a box and carrying it with your own gear.

That extra $100 gets an even better bike in the $400-$500 range too lol. I'll check with Ego tomorrow what their rules are and if worst comes to worst I'll have to get him a different bike, one that's closer to home. At least as a parent I know in good conscience that I am at least putting in an effort into sussing it all out instead of saying "here you go you little shit, when I was young I would be lucky to have owned a bike, let alone a brand fukn new one! Now shutup and go outside to ride the pink bike I bought you" lol  :)

Edited by EVO-00X, 24 November 2014 - 11:50 AM.

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
As long as your boy doesnt ghost it into the nearest dam/wall/4wd for fun, you will be good.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
^ ummmm..... LOL.....
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Meh screw it. Costs too much on top of the price of the bike. I think we found something else locally that will have to do.

Thanks again guys but we wont end up needing this now.

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users