Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DYNO TUNER GOLD COAST

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Hyper_Mike

Hyper_Mike

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Hey guys,

I am looking for a good dyno tuner, preferably on the Gold Coast to tune my Haltech PS1000. I am not keen on going to Matty at PITS. Anyone have any sugestions?

Otherwize I think I will go to Next Up performance in brisbane.

Cheers, Mike :)

Dean_Vr4

Dean_Vr4

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast
My brother uses efi performance they are awesome. Ill be uses them

1991 aspec Vr4 - RS Vr4 4g63 - td05 16g - 510 injectors- haltech ps1000 pnp - walbro 400 pump - custom exhaust manifold - hotbits coilovers - alot to come :P

Ross Cox

Ross Cox

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBrisbane...Northside

Try C and J Motorsports at Kingston. They do heaps of different rally and track cars. My VR4 is excellent, 174 kw atw, 325nm torque atw.

Bil and Kelvin know their stuff.

Cheers

Ross

102 Kingston Rd, Underwood QLD 4119

(07) 3290 3966

htgsr

htgsr

HTGSR

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationSurfers

How come you not keen on Matty?

My car always goes to him, I've got the old Haltec E6X an even with that old bit of kit he got it to start an run like factory, it sits for months at a time sometimes an still starts first pop everytime.

On a side note I'm only making about 220kw an ran a 11.1 at jambo this year, not huge power but it makes it work.

That's my 2 cents

Hyper_Mike

Hyper_Mike

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

How come you not keen on Matty?

My car always goes to him, I've got the old Haltec E6X an even with that old bit of kit he got it to start an run like factory, it sits for months at a time sometimes an still starts first pop everytime.

On a side note I'm only making about 220kw an ran a 11.1 at jambo this year, not huge power but it makes it work.

That's my 2 cents

Hey, I called him and he really didnt seem interested in working on my car. Almost sounded like he was hinting that I was wasting my time and money on a "van"

I probably am, but I love the RVR haha

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
While Matty is good at what he does he did my car he's really more a Nissan guy.

Locally the ones I know of are top rpm, hi torque, Matty, john wood (tunes using some else's dyno)

Too rpm quoted me 800 to tune then each subsequent visit is heavily discounted. For my next tune I'm thinking of going to next up

yes it's me KHUBNER

Hyper_Mike

Hyper_Mike

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

While Matty is good at what he does he did my car he's really more a Nissan guy.

Locally the ones I know of are top rpm, hi torque, Matty, john wood (tunes using some else's dyno)

Too rpm quoted me 800 to tune then each subsequent visit is heavily discounted. For my next tune I'm thinking of going to next up

Hey man, Yea I am thinking of just going to Next Up or top RPM

Parabola

Parabola

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
To give you a rough ball park figure, John @ next up charged me $900 for my tune.

htgsr

htgsr

HTGSR

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationSurfers

Hey, I called him and he really didnt seem interested in working on my car. Almost sounded like he was hinting that I was wasting my time and money on a "van"

I probably am, but I love the RVR haha

Dont take it to hart he is a busy man. As for him being a Nissan man???? I know of several 4gs he has tuned one of which is a 7 second pro car he knows his shit with them, I've had mine tuned at 2 other places prior to Matty an will NEVER go anywhere but the pits.

He is not cheap, always busy that tells you something.

Hyper_Mike

Hyper_Mike

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

To give you a rough ball park figure, John @ next up charged me $900 for my tune.

Hey, yea man, he quoted me 700-900 for mine, so im planning on it being the full 900 just to cover myself :D

TBOWGN

TBOWGN

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Only a 11.1  ... Yeah that sounds pretty boring ;)

Black and White RVR Hypergear

Mad_Polly_Logo.jpg

Hyper_Mike

Hyper_Mike

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Yea I know right!!!! I would be happy with a 1 minute 11 haha

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Dont take it to hart he is a busy man. As for him being a Nissan man???? I know of several 4gs he has tuned one of which is a 7 second pro car he knows his shit with them, I've had mine tuned at 2 other places prior to Matty an will NEVER go anywhere but the pits.

He is not cheap, always busy that tells you something.

I know that vehicle I have my own workshop just up the road from them most of the 4g's he's tuned are for the same mob I'm not debating he knows his stuff and he's done plenty of 4g motors he got my odd ball engine running on the first turn of the key (after we actually got power to the ecu) to be able to take an engine you've never seen before and make 3 tweaks to one of your own tunes and have it fire on the very first time the ecu has been powered takes a special.

My point is he has his favourites he also tends to quote harsh and stick to it until he knows you and the car. I suspect that's his way of filtering customers who may give him trouble.

Again to reiterate Matty is an awesome tuner who gives you no bullshit. He was straight up about what was happening with my car (severe misfiring) yet still managed 160awkw from a 1.8l most would have given up.

yes it's me KHUBNER

htgsr

htgsr

HTGSR

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationSurfers

Haha yea I usually take a cut lunch for the trip

Yea I know right!!!! I would be happy with a 1 minute 11 haha

Have you run it at all?

htgsr

htgsr

HTGSR

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationSurfers

I know that vehicle I have my own workshop just up the road from them most of the 4g's he's tuned are for the same mob I'm not debating he knows his stuff and he's done plenty of 4g motors he got my odd ball engine running on the first turn of the key (after we actually got power to the ecu) to be able to take an engine you've never seen before and make 3 tweaks to one of your own tunes and have it fire on the very first time the ecu has been powered takes a special.

My point is he has his favourites he also tends to quote harsh and stick to it until he knows you and the car. I suspect that's his way of filtering customers who may give him trouble.

Again to reiterate Matty is an awesome tuner who gives you no bullshit. He was straight up about what was happening with my car (severe misfiring) yet still managed 160awkw from a 1.8l most would have given up.

Why would you bother going anywhere else then?

Hyper_Mike

Hyper_Mike

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
Not yet man, after the headwork and tune I will :)

htgsr

htgsr

HTGSR

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • LocationSurfers

Prepare to become addicted, I had no interest in it till I was semi forced into doing Jambo last year, dirt track is awesome as well which is just past the drag strip at qr.

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Why would you bother going anywhere else then?

because he made it quite clear he's not a trouble shooter if i can't find the spark issue i will have to go elsewhere to have it diagnosed and sorted out (next up have offered this service) once i know the car is running exactly right it'll most definitely be going back to matty to extract the best possible from it. until then there is no point me going in booking hours at a time wasting his time and my money chasing numbers and power without first sorting the issues.

right now the only way i can replicate the issue he had on the dyno is at the drag strip which is a real challenge to get out to and not an ideal setting to be trying to trouble shoot items

yes it's me KHUBNER

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

That's why they call it 'Test and Tune' :)

You don't have to run 10sec out of the box to prove yourself.

Benzo4gT

Benzo4gT

Operator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationThe home of unemployed bogans - Hervey bay,

I'm going to tune mine myself with ECMlink, I have a stocker in atm so i'll throw 1000cc inj and 25g at it and experiment on it before the forged engine goes in........Mwahahaha.

Butt dyno and test and tune for me! $900 can go towards a HX35/HX40 or nitrous when I get bored.

Bit of a tool, and owner of "The Turdis" - Hervey Bay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users