Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FEBEST After Market parts

- - - - - FEBEST Suspension Parts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

penngwyne

penngwyne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationNaracoorte SA

Has anyone heard of Febest as a parts manufacturer

Looking for a top mount for a front suspension for the RVR   (MB573617) on Parts Souk and they mentioned a Febest MSS003 as a replacement at about $25.

A significant saving if the parts are any good.

There is an Australian supplier but they don't have that bit in stock for a couple of weeks

(and of course I want it now but I am a cheapskate and want it cheaper than the genuine or OEM mitsi bit)

Still love the RVR but am paranoid about little noises

p055um5

p055um5

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationHunter Valley

Let me know how you go at that price I would by a couple of spares myself

97 RVR HSG, ACL RACE SERIES FORGED PISTONS, EAGLE 3D H-BEAM FORGED RODS, ACL RACE SERIES BIG END / ROD BEARINGS, ACL RACE SERIES MAIN BEARINGS, ARP MIAN STUDS, Walbro GSS342 Fuel Pump, Siemens 870cc/min Injector, HALTECH E8 ECU

Hyper_Mike

Hyper_Mike

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Hey man,

I JUST got my engine mount put in, it was a febest part that came all the way from Estonia as the USA were out of stock. Great quality part. Check out my build thread to see the item itself.

Cheers, Mike :D

JayRome

JayRome

Blurring the line between 1st to 3rd Gen engines....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

I buy the FEBEST CV joints, have never had an issue. And the distribution center is around the corner from me in Vic...  

Chosen Weapons:
WideBody Galant GSR 4g63 N/A+T Hybrid 1st/3rd gen +AWD
Audi A3 slow POS

bob

bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

I buy febest for rubber bushes etc - bought a wheel bearing from them and it failed after 5000 kms though I believe this had more to do with the fuckwit installing it (hammer marks all over my suspension - vice grip damage to ABS module etc etc)

penngwyne

penngwyne

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationNaracoorte SA

A belated update 
I bought the Febest parts, they fitted nicely and are doing OK so far 

Still love the RVR but am paranoid about little noises

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
Good to know mate. Glad they worked for you.

Schtoo

Schtoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationJapan

I put Febest bushings and ball joints in the front of the thing outside (Mitsubishi i) and the bushings were no different to the original, the ball joints were different style but seemed to work well. They came from UAE. Insanity as the car was built within an hour's drive of where I live...

However the right side ball joint boot has failed after a month. I think it would be ok in a FWD/4WD application, but the i being RWD and the steering has a lot of throw in it, might have been more than the boot could take. There wasn't much slack in the boot to be honest.

No big deal, boots are easy to replace and I've got them anyway. The strut tops are making noise, so when I've got them apart I'll replace the boot.

Generally happy with them. I don't know about longevity though.

(FYI, the arm has remarkable similarities to a later Evo arm. If I was bothered to modify the i, I'd be making more effort to see if an ally one would fit.)

Stu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users