Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Libero GT

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC

I think it's low enough you can take the 3 side skirts off now! Have you thought about it?

unhuman

unhuman

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

The side skirts are from a IV, the endcaps are from a III if thats what you mean?

I like how it flows back from the II front lip, so happy with the exterior.

Its going for a WOF this week, technically it should fail and need a re-cert because I have changed the suspension settings. If it does well then it will be 4G63 + big turbo time.

Otherwise that'll just be on the back burner and enjoy it as a weekend car for now.

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC

Na I meant put the factory skirts back on? IMO the previous height was perfection :thumbsup:

unhuman

unhuman

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Some photos from a Evo meet & greet I took the car to on the weekend:

12419323_1675179756065536_38361507246745

12440737_1675178152732363_26765435308595

12322791_1675178106065701_44368087847165

12748059_1675179676065544_58356774138654

12794991_1675178119399033_56834039999872

12888502_1675179162732262_60629407264228

12888730_1675179849398860_64047131793765

Considering the combos some of the cars were packing I don't think my 4G93 + TD05 setup is going to cut it!

Plus I'm still chasing gremlins in the driveline.

At the very least it has a busted drivers side inner cv joint which which is what I am hoping is causing the shudder that goes through the car when turning left.

Also it still has the feel of a slipping clutch in the low RPM range but comes right when on boost, very annoying feeling which a new centre diff seemed to help at first but it now feels even worse.

It possibly still has the auto rear diff ratio which could be causing issues which I need to look into.

Pretty much ready to just part ways with the 93 and look at a 63 plus decent turbo.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Some nice looking cars in those pics!
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

VIN18M

VIN18M

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationSydney

Car looks unreal!

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Geelong

Nice turnout, you wont regret going the 63 its the way to go.

!Jonzap!

!Jonzap!

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

nice mods, best looking libero I've seen

White Knight

White Knight

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGympie
^ i agree totally. I love the look of the libero! Want one now....

unhuman

unhuman

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Thanks guys.

I'm taking it to Evoparts next week to look into the driveline issues its got, going to talk about him building me 4G63 while I'm there.

Was thinking of rebuilding my TD05-16G with a 20G, something like this.

Thoughts? Or am I behind the times on this (haven't look at turbos for like 5 years so feel a bit out of touch).

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
In my experience do not use that comp cover and wastegate combo. Its dogshit.
The comp cover is ok but your better off getting your factory cover machined out to suit the comp wheel and using and upgraded wastegate from GTPumps or similar.
The Kinugawa wastegate setup is shithouse the bracket that holds the gate to the comp cover flexes and fucks with boost control.
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...

unhuman

unhuman

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Thanks, got a lot of research / talking to people to do.

Will be using an external so if I can find a comp wheel / cover similar to above without having to pay for the internal parts that'll be good.

Edited by unhuman, 23 March 2016 - 09:32 AM.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Should be ok with external gate. Still....I would lean towards machining the factory housing out to accommodate the 20g wheel.

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC

Damn nice turnout alright!

I would do a clutch drag test first:

Failing that, maybe consider looking into your Viscous Coupling as the culprit of the clutch slip symptoms? Also check to see if Steve Murch at MSE (Motorsport Engineering) in Auckland is still taking turbos from the public to rebuild. He's an honest bloke and can go pretty amazing things with MHI turbines!

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Steve Murch is a top bloke - I very strongly support Dre's suggestion you speak with him.
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

unhuman

unhuman

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Agreed, but last I heard he had pretty much gone into hiding years ago as he got sick of dealing with customers directly. Not sure how to contact him now.

And I will give the clutch travel test a go thanks.

ENGINR

ENGINR

Wannabe Racer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

I'm pretty sure he has a Facebook page, or MSE does.  You could try PM'ing him through that.  Last time I spoke with him (a few years ago) he made it very clear he was getting tired of peoples' bulls**t and lack of common sense.

If you make your request for what you want out of the turbo concise and sensible (ie not "I want 400kw atw on my stock 16G - what can you do??") then he might be open to dealing with you?

"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Did ya see what rear diff was in it?
pics are awesome too, seeing pics like yours make me home sick, also g'z me up for a melb meet...

unhuman

unhuman

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Got it back from Evoparts. The large shudder when turning left was the drivers side driveshaft binding up, I assume because of my odd mix of hubs / carriers / arms etc it was effectively too long. Using a mix of shafts and CVs Jeremy was able to make slightly shorter ones for both sides, works fine now.

Next job is to simplify the interior wiring while the car still runs (so it can be tested) before I pull the engine. 10 years of piecemeal wiring = one large mess now.

Also binning all HVAC parts, don't have any heater controls so don't need the heater.

DSCF1395_zpsjygcuc3l.jpg

unhuman

unhuman

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

^ Still working on this, it's taking longer then I thought. Mainly because the longer I work on it the more OCD I'm getting.

Plus there is a 12 week waiting period for my Racefab exhaust and intake manifolds so I'm in no real rush. While the interior is out I might as well do a proper job of it.

DSCF1420_zpsft8y7pgl.jpg

So first off the HVAC went.

DSCF1402_zpstflykenf.jpg

I managed to spill some coolant while removing the heater core and thus figured it would be best to rip out any of the sound deading in case any other moisture was been trapped beneath it and the floor causing future rust issues.

DSCF1399_zpsmaci2tov.jpg

DSCF1400_zps4mx50y05.jpg

All of the wiring that I've added for the gauges / SAFC / turbo timer are on their own separate sub-looms, as opposed to everything been spliced into the radio harness which had led to the birds nest behind the dash.

Then I went through the entire interior loom and removed everything that wasn't necessary. I am working from the plug back to the fuse box for everything, so this isn't a hacked up loom, it's stripped down to the bare essentials.

DSCF1434_zpssztnxzdf.jpg

I bought a connector de-pinning tool so the entire length of each wire is being removed. There's no going back!

Next step, primer, base and clear:

DSCF1415_zps7wflqckg.jpg

By this time the 50m of braided loom sleeving from ebay had turned up.

So far I've done up to the junction box back, including the battery in the boot and all the audio.

02-nylon-braided-sleeving_detail_zpskqat

DSCF1423_zpsoyc345wm.jpg

DSCF1425_zpsf0l3rj1x.jpg

All the ends are heat shrunk, there won't be any insulation tape left by the time I'm finished.

Next is to wrap from the junction box across to the ECU.

Edited by unhuman, 28 May 2016 - 04:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users