Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Evoness Evo 8 Plans - NEED HELP

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Evoness

Evoness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNsw, Australia

Hello again everyone

Sooooo. I have a bit of noise coming from the evo and Im sure its the Tcase. If it isnt then it has to be the rear diff.

Anywayz I want them both rebuilt/replaced with better /stronger parts.

Plan on blowing a fair bit of cash between now and the end of next year on Evo and this is where I want to start. I figure I get the driveline right and I wont have to worry about it going pop on a hard launch at the lights or at the track.

Tcase - Want the wavetrac for the front lsd but what about the center diff? I need someone who can rebuild and or replace these parts with better stronger parts (if available).  The US offer "industructable" Tcase's but I'm bit of a novice when ordering stuff from overseas (meaning I'v never done it b4). Really keen to hear from anyone who has done any work to their Tcase and or ordered such things from overseas.

Rear Diff - Not really sure what to do? I see a lot of diffs for the RS model but can not seem to find anything for the GSR Evo. I notice some are converting their earlier Evo's to the RS diff. If I went to the RS diff I need the prop shaft etc but do I also need to convert to a 5sp box aswell (I assume I would). Not real keen on that option but open to suggestions.

Do I just buy a used diff from a wrecked evo? Anyone had their 8 rear diff rebuilt/worked?

Thanks guys

Edited by Evoness, 01 August 2014 - 08:24 AM.

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Ordering parts from the US is just the same as ordering parts domestically, you just pay a little more for freight.

Wrt rear diff, you probably don't see many because most people stick with the factory AYC unit.

Although I've seen it do some weird things when the car is being pushed around the track.

Usually the people who track/rally use the mechanical diffs as they are more predictable.

And yes, the early evo (non AYC) guys nab the diffs as they are a good upgrade for their old worn out ones.

Edited by MDK87, 01 August 2014 - 09:00 AM.

Geo&Kez

Geo&Kez

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • LocationPerth
Keep in mind the 5 speed conversion may save you pain long term. If you want big power in the long term, the 6 speed will be a weak link.
I HATE BEING BIPOLAR........IT'S AWESOME!!

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Did someone delete my post?
Just above geos?
Obviously not worthy......

Nup, different thread. Back to the rum then. As you were...

Edited by jack of all, 01 August 2014 - 12:21 PM.

4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

MDK87

MDK87

Hyundai's can't fly!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Did someone delete my post?
Just above geos?
Obviously not worthy......

Nup, different thread. Back to the rum then. As you were...

HAHAHA

Someone is having a good night.

vr401

vr401

4G63T

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationSydney
Evo RS rear end and 5 speed box
Lancer Evolution 7 GSR '01

0 user(s) are reading this topic