Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dual wastegate, advantage and disadvantage

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

they arn't electric driven thats the heat based energy recovery system for kers

yes it's me KHUBNER

micky_vr4

micky_vr4

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationAdelaide

they arn't electric driven thats the heat based energy recovery system for kers

Under braking the MGU-H converts to a motor to keep the rotational speed of the turbocharger high enough to avoid the curse of the turbo engine – turbo lag. This is a phenomenon experienced under braking when the turbocharger speed slows as a lower volume of gas is produced.

from here: http://jalopnik.com/...orks-1506450399

J-spec white RS-Evolution GVR4 - soon to move for the first time in 2 years  :thumbsup: 

A-spec maroon GVR4

A-spec silver GVR4 - sold and racing!!!

Geo&Kez

Geo&Kez

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • LocationPerth
It does both K, as Micky points out. Another good explanation here:

http://www.formula1b...l-work-in-2014/
I HATE BEING BIPOLAR........IT'S AWESOME!!

OLDIE

OLDIE

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

But what if the wastegate pipes were seperate almost to the gate valve. Like siamesed. Then the gasses/pressurewaves have little chance of reversion and interfering with the other chambers.
Or you could have a tuned length on the gate merge so the reversion pulse has a extractor effect.

But, also consider this whole part of the system is under pressure and these gasses will have some inertia to them

I know this is an old subject BUT FYI / FWIW  my TS manifold single  WG is fed from both sides via a single pipe that has a central divider that keeps the pulses seperate till the gate..

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Interesting ^
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users