Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's the best wheel size/offset for Evo 5??

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

zboost

zboost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
Hey guys.

What is the best wheel size/offset for a Evo V?

Have booked my Evo V in for a engineers certification for Monday to certify my car to use wheels bigger than the factory O.Z 17x7.5.

I recently bought some 18x8.5 Rota Grids in Flat Black but I just sold them today as my friends recommended me going to 18x10 if I'm going to go to all the trouble of buying new tyres and setting up my suspension, may aswell have the best fitment.

I need to buy some new wheels before Monday so I can chuck them on the car to get them certified otherwise I'll have to stick to my standard wheels.

Will 18x10 fit on my Evo V and will I need work done on the body (Evo V has plastic flares)?
I have BC Gold adjustable suspension, the fronts allow a small amount of negative camber but I don't think I can adjust the rears. 
Do I need spacers & camber arms to make 18x10 fit?

I want to buy rims I can keep for my next cars also (maybe S2000, STI, newer Evo, Silvia, etc). Not looking to get stretched tyres as only one brand in my country is legal for them and they are quite expensive.

Thanks.

DOUGMO

DOUGMO

yoni lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

you wont fit 18x10s without a lot of work and stretched tyres

even 9s with 255s will take some work. Also the offsets for s2000/silvia wont suit evos so you wont be in luck there.

GENUINE CE9A evo2 gsr track car
all fabrication BJP AUTOMOTIVE
winton 1:27.4 /// sandown 1:21.5 /// phillip island 1:49.2 /// haunted hills 59.1
/// eastern creek 1:35.4 /// winton short 1:01.4

zboost

zboost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Damn should have kept my 18x8.5, was set on these 18x10 grids I found as a friend said they'll fit (he had on his 6 but I think guards on his are aluminium therefore rollable).

What you reckon I should get for best fitment with minor work?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users