Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Import vs Buying local evo

- - - - - evo

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

molemac

molemac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSydney

Hey guys 

A bit of back story first last month I sold my beloved cc gsr in order to buy a more fuel economical car to use to and from work after test driving 10+ cars nothing felt the same as hitting boost in a awd mitsubishi so I have decide to save more money and get a evo fuck petrol prices lol

I have been looking at evo 7,8,4,6 but realistically I really want a 7 gsr or 8 mr and maybe a 6.5 if the right one comes up 

so Im looking at spending 25k and wondering what was the better option of buying importing or buying locally and if you have imported a evo please tell me how the experience was and what importer you would recommend im located in western Sydney 

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW

If I was you...I would google each of the importers and read the many stories about "hair cuts " etc etc

Then make your own decision on which to use.

Iron Chef seems to have the best reputation from what I have seen.

[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

Hyper_Mike

Hyper_Mike

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Import for sure if you are happy to wait. Lots of places around to help with this process, my car was imported through Motorman Imports in Brisbane but Prestige Motorsports are great as well!

molemac

molemac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSydney

I have had a look at a few stories already and have heard a lot about dodgy importers around sydney and by far Iron chef have the best reputation so most likely I will be going with them if I import 

just wanted to hear some people experiences importing 

Turbo nutter

Turbo nutter

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Why import when there's so many here already! Evo 8s last time I looked we had like 70 or 80 for sale in Australia and they don't exactly sell like hot cakes. Thens there are all the import yards that have fresh imports unmolested that you can check out aswell! This is my opinion only but I'd check local cars out before looking over seas. Did notice an evo 9 wagon for sale the other day for $20 000 but can't drive it on the road!

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

That wagon has a shit story behind it....thats why its so cheap. 

[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

care elaborate on the evo 9 wagon story there another up for sale but at 65K it's not exactly cheap

yes it's me KHUBNER

molemac

molemac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSydney

Yea I know there a lot of evo 8s on carsales I have been look at them since I was 16 lol I just have been been able to find a dead stock for a decent price I would prefer a stock car so I can mod it to my taste thats why im looking at importing 

Also the evo 9 wagon sounds a bit suss 20k is way to low you can't even get a standard evo 9 for that price let alone a wagon 

been looking at local import yards also there asking an arm an leg 

Edited by molemac, 17 February 2014 - 06:54 AM.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
I'll say this much.

There were some " truth " issues with the paperwork needed to get a race rally permit from the original seller on ebay...
So basically the guy who bought it is now stuck with a car that he cant do fuck all with....hence the cheap price.

molemac

molemac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSydney

anyone got a link to this eve 9 wagon 

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Which one?

molemac

molemac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSydney

the one worth 20k 

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Bloody hell Jamo, you had me searching to find out what 'haircut' meant lol.

It took a while to find and in one particular context 'haircut' meant "winding back the odometer".

I heard a horror story of one of the local boys who bought an import EVO 7 and the floor was all rusted up and painted over.

They concluded that it was used off-road/ rally a lot in Japan and the body deadener under the floor pan was severely worn and corroded, along with severe salt corrosion to the suspension and brake barts. 

AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Yep they salt the roads in parts pf japan.

Take a evo9 for a drive, you may want to save a little longer.
Or, my 2000 zx9r is for sale (only cause I want a zx10r) Low 11 sec 1/4 and cheaper to run than most cars. $4k...

Edited by jack of all, 17 February 2014 - 01:04 PM.

4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

EVL20T

EVL20T

AWD 4G63T POWAH!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Are you guys talkin about the EVO9 wagon that Jimmy bought, I think it used to be blue

Its almost restored now and painted white, unfortunately it cant be rego'd, just a cool car to drive off street

------------ 4GTUNER STICKERS - CLICK HERE ------------

EVL20T3_zps8f8e63a1.png
------------------------- 4G63T AWD COUPE -------------------------
----------------------- WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET -----------------------

molemac

molemac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSydney

I forgot about the 9 will have to save a bit more but would be worth also considering a 3000gt mr 

Im giving iron chef a call tomorrow and also going down to team wild speed on the weekend to get some quotes on different models 

and a rough idea about price on a import then im going to start comparing to local models 

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

Bloody hell Jamo, you had me searching to find out what 'haircut' meant lol.
It took a while to find and in one particular context 'haircut' meant "winding back the odometer".
I heard a horror story of one of the local boys who bought an import EVO 7 and the floor was all rusted up and painted over.
They concluded that it was used off-road/ rally a lot in Japan and the body deadener under the floor pan was severely worn and corroded, along with severe salt corrosion to the suspension and brake barts.

Yep...thats what the term haircut refers to Rob.

Are you guys talkin about the EVO9 wagon that Jimmy bought, I think it used to be blue

Its almost restored now and painted white, unfortunately it cant be rego'd, just a cool car to drive off street

Jimmys car is not a genuine wagon its just had all the bits from an Evo 9 swapped into an Aus delivered wagon. As far as I know it will be getting registered soon too.

Liberoz

Liberoz

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • LocationSydney

Why import when there's so many here already! Evo 8s last time I looked we had like 70 or 80 for sale in Australia and they don't exactly sell like hot cakes. Thens there are all the import yards that have fresh imports unmolested that you can check out aswell! This is my opinion only but I'd check local cars out before looking over seas. Did notice an evo 9 wagon for sale the other day for $20 000 but can't drive it on the road!

has this come up again ???? I was looking to buy it last year but after much research the guy had no papaerwork at all from the original owner / seller it was located in Blackwood SA. The guy that was selling in originally listed on gsr evo club SA was a so called dodgy importer bought in 2 with a Vic. guys coin for 1 and swapped the shitte one to the guy who had laid down cash for it in the first place. he then went underground and sold the best one of the two which was originally for the og client.

care elaborate on the evo 9 wagon story there another up for sale but at 65K it's not exactly cheap

This was Joe Dibbs ZAKUSA with the tomei stroaker crete with every RA cat part added to it proir to it landing here as a yellow plate. it sold last year for 60k here's the ad. link http://www.carsales..../SSE-AD-2478915

Jimmys car is not a genuine wagon its just had all the bits from an Evo 9 swapped into an Aus delivered wagon. As far as I know it will be getting registered soon too.

Is this Jimmy Ebay aka JimmyFq320 from Guildford

Edited by Liberoz, 19 February 2014 - 11:58 PM.

John
CE9W RIBEROGT RANSAEBO II

RRF | 0Z Racing | RALLI/// ///ART | Sparco | MEEK | Elf | Fujitsubo | Marle Pistons
| HKS-RS Intake | Cusco | Apexi | PUMA | Dia Queen | GIII's | Hibrid III | MMC | GReedy TRUST | Camtech | RECARO| RSEII Spec | RALLIART Options inside | Walbro

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
The one and only ^^

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Is that the same guy who just sold the smashed EVO 3 RS on EBay?

http://www.ebay.com....9#ht_272wt_1428

Edited by EVO-00X, 20 February 2014 - 09:10 AM.

AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users