Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

5 STUD CONVERSION - HOW TO - WITH LOTS OF PICS

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW

Screenshot_2013-09-20-17-01-19_zps839d83

[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

HOL

HOL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationChatham, Kent, Southern England
Nice one,

I have camskill as my back up option. I also see that the FTO rings are a lighter design to the EVO ones.

As my car started off as a Proton hatchback I still have the four stud rings from the rear. They look just like the FTO ones, bar the extra stud.

If that works, the supply of those is plentiful.

You did exactly what I was going to do, except my car is E2 drive train, so I was going to fit the EVO 4 front ares complete.

Many thanks
Andy

Golfer2000

Golfer2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Has anyone confirmed that FTO rotors will work in the rear with the 5 lug conversion and stock calipers.  I remember reading that their dimensions were different.

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

Might want to read the thread and look at the pictures mate...I have already answered and confirmed that question. :blink:

[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...

holim

holim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNsw
Excellent write up Jamo, just doing my conversion right now, cleared up a lot of mysteries with the rear if you want to keep abs, thanks!!

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

Post 12 & 13 to be specific Golfer bloke

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

Thanks Holim ! Glad it helps you out too. 

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

Holim....RDA7621D is the RDA part number...if that helps.

I would give you mine but Im not at home Im at WTAC.

carrot76

carrot76

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Can you just get all of the above parts from an Evo 7, or do you have to use Evo 4 parts for the front hub conversion?

boostboy76

boostboy76

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationAdelaide

Would these be ok to use front and rear for this conversion?

http://www.rhdjapan....-evolution.html

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Its interesting they dont have different part numbers for the 4 and 5 stud hubs...

Edited by jack of all, 28 October 2013 - 11:06 PM.

4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

boostboy76

boostboy76

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationAdelaide

So, from reading through all of the posts on here, I could do this conversion with the least stuffing around using:

Front:

Evo 4 hubs & knuckles

Rear:

FTO front hubs (inc ABS pickup)

Is this right??

Edited by boostboy76, 01 November 2013 - 09:39 PM.

DOUGMO

DOUGMO

yoni lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

you need the evo 4 front arms to go with the knuckles also but the rest is correct

GENUINE CE9A evo2 gsr track car
all fabrication BJP AUTOMOTIVE
winton 1:27.4 /// sandown 1:21.5 /// phillip island 1:49.2 /// haunted hills 59.1
/// eastern creek 1:35.4 /// winton short 1:01.4

Benno84

Benno84

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
also isnt it if you have a gsr you have to change to evo style sway bar and shocks due to no sway bar mount on evo 4 arms?

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

you need the evo 4 front arms to go with the knuckles also but the rest is correct

unless you do what I have posted and change the lower ball joint to the later style then you can use the original arms.

Benno your question is also answered in the thread...by using the method above you eliminate that problem.

If you look at the pics in the first thread you will see that the Evo 4 arms do have the provision for a sway bar but you need the brackets. The Evo 1 & GSR setup is the strongest but which is why I stuck with that.

Edited by evo-gsr, 02 November 2013 - 09:58 PM.

HOL

HOL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationChatham, Kent, Southern England
Well, the bad news for me is that Camskill tried to get the FTO hubs from Mitsubishi Japan but there are none in stock and they don't intend making any.

But the good news is that after much searching I found a rare FTO GX breaking and I managed to get a set after all.

Nearly there!!!

EVO193

EVO193

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationNewcastle NSW

Has anyone fitted up the Brembo rears with the hand brake?

I have completed the install using the Racefab adaptor plates but the drivers side hand brake cable is a little short.

I used a evo 6.5 TM handbrake assembly is there any difference in the cable lengths from model to model 4 5 6 or side to side?

Also has anyone tried to drill the rear arms for ABS puck up if you were to use evo456 rear drive shaft cup with ABD ring on it?

(2much)

(2much)

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Hey bud, same with me, I used 2 of the longer Evo 456 cables, but I ended up needing to buy two pairs... I'm also looking at machining the driveshaft cups at the diff, and mounting abs rings and sensors there,

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

Another mate of mine did a similar thing with the driveshaft and had the abs sensors mounted on his racefab rear subframe.

EVO193

EVO193

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationNewcastle NSW

Hey bud, same with me, I used 2 of the longer Evo 456 cables, but I ended up needing to buy two pairs... I'm also looking at machining the driveshaft cups at the diff, and mounting abs rings and sensors there,

What cable did you run on the drivers side? Was it another passenger side cable?

Rob at Racefab has mounted the sensor on the inner driveshaft cup and mounted the sensor off a bracket. He said it worked well but took a lot of work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users