Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GSR/Evo engine mounts

- - - - - same?

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Geelong
http://www.ebay.com/...RS:1123&vxp=mtr

I need to replace my cam side engine mount and was wondering if anyone can confirm this will fit? I cant find any info on mount compatibility, i know its basically the same engine but not sure if mounts are the same.

brisvr4

brisvr4

• Moderators
  • 4,486 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Southside
Is the actual mount stuffed or just the insert?

Tim
Dsmlink V3 + E85 :drool: 11.37 @ 131.46 ... still more in her

Remember Kids... Google does not equal research!

Magnus
How much time do you spend in a parking lot with your performance car? If you do a lot of parking lot driving, and hang out in parking lots, chances are you are a ricer, go home and read import tuner. If you’re complaining about noise you should not be modifying your car. You should also consider no longer being a man, please hand in your genitals at the door.

DOUGMO

DOUGMO

yoni lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
id be keen to know if this will fit also

GENUINE CE9A evo2 gsr track car
all fabrication BJP AUTOMOTIVE
winton 1:27.4 /// sandown 1:21.5 /// phillip island 1:49.2 /// haunted hills 59.1
/// eastern creek 1:35.4 /// winton short 1:01.4

doo doo

doo doo

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
looks similar but why not just get it from here for about 100 delivered?

http://www.rhdjapan....cd9a-ce9a-60455
didn't have time do do it right but found the time to do it twice....

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
Just the insert is but I figured I might aswell change the while thing if that fits and I cant seem to find a solid insert

EVL20T

EVL20T

AWD 4G63T POWAH!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Prothane mounts are cheap from usa

http://pbr1149.photo...17042009523.jpg

http://pbr1149.photo...0T/IMG_1131.jpg

https://db.tt/gRwDpn1I

https://db.tt/4bWLZ6yY

Edited by EVL20T, 28 September 2013 - 02:55 PM.

------------ 4GTUNER STICKERS - CLICK HERE ------------

EVL20T3_zps8f8e63a1.png
------------------------- 4G63T AWD COUPE -------------------------
----------------------- WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET -----------------------

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
I have those mounts to. But havent driven the car yet.
Mikey...what are your thoughts on them? Much vibration etc??
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Jamo, Ive got the same Prothane mounts that my brother posted links to.
They are pretty solid and the engine basically doesn't move much at all by hand. They dampen a bit of vibration but I'ld rather these than the stock inserts.
Stock inserts never last long on any car and with excessive engine movement things are bound to break.
With the cams in my car it idles like a horny V8 with vibrations being felt through the chassis, steering wheel and visible in the rear view mirror.
You should probably go the solid OEM Ralliart type mounts from Meek if you want a less harsh experience at idle with lumpy cams, but I like the feeling of sitting in a car that feels like its ready to rumble ;)
AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
Thanks for the input Rob....Sounds like they will do the job just fine then. Glad I got them now. I got all 4 mounts for $70 too so happy days!
Ive broken 3 of the passenger side mounts over the last couple of years and am sick of changing them!
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...

EV0300

EV0300

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
Might give the meek ones a crack

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
just noticed one of my brand new roll stoppers has already half split would it be worth doing just the rear now and do the front later with a solid one from meek at 40 bucks thats cheaper than getting an oem replacment. (oem comes with housing meek is just insert)

yes it's me KHUBNER

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

GSR/EVO I-III OWNERS - LOOK HERE

In the early days most Prothane 1G DSM/Eclipse kits came with 3 full solid inserts and 1 dodgey little insert (4 in total). The dodgey little half-assed insert was meant for the Eclipse's front transmission mount on the crossmember behind the radiator. However this little mount didn't suit the GSR/EVO.

Over the following years it appears that the kit offerings by suppliers have somewhat differed and the old half assed insert was abolished and a new solid 13-505 insert was produced (which still doesn't suit a GSR/EVO anyway). But for some reason, and I suspect it to be due to consumer and seller confusion between 1G/2G/V6 Eclipse, Talons, Lasers, Manual/Auto transmission and FWD/AWD offerings, the naming and sizes of some of the part numbers included in kits became too confusing for GSR/EVO owners to know exactly what to buy.

Ultimately, for GSR/EVO owners, it has now been determined that you are better off to buy your inserts individually to ensure you get the correct ones!! 

You will need 4 inserts in total.

A good place to buy them individually would be on EBay.

1. Transmission mount insert "right upper" (aka the mount at the top of the gearbox) Manual transmission 

I have confirmed this mount to have an 80mm inner diameter with a 50mm inner thickness.

The part number for this is a 13-501.

When you install this insert it ends up being 70mm wide. However the OEM gearbox bracket width is 80mm wide. Therefore you have to add the 2 x oem flat black rubber dampers on either side of the mount to make up the full 80mm requirement. Have a look at the attached pic of an OEM EVO III gearbox bracket below. You can see the black rubber dampers on either end of the insert. You need to install these when you install the 13-501 Prothane insert.

2. Engine mount insert "front" (aka the front mount on the crossmember behind the radiator) Manual transmission 

I have confirmed this mount to have an 80mm inner diameter with a 40mm inner thickness.  

Currently we are purchasing the 13-501 mount for this one. Then slicing 5mm off each half to make it 40mm thick. 

I will check with Prothane now if they have an off the shelf item with 40mm inner thickness to save any modifications, then update this thread.

3. Engine mount insert "left upper" (aka the big engine mount next to the timing belt cover)

I have confirmed this mount to have an 80mm inner diameter with a 50mm thickness.

The part number for this is a 13-501.

4. Engine mount insert "rear" (aka the rear mount on the crossmember closest to the firewall) Manual transmission

I have confirmed this mount to have a 70mm inner diameter with a 40mm inner thickness.

The part number for this is a 13-506.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1989-1992 GVR4 OWNERS - LOOK HERE

There used to be a 89-92 Galant VR4 (GVR4) kit available but unfortunately it has since disappeared. Maybe because some distributors/ workshops were putting the kits together themselves and selling them in their stores/Ebay (Prothane company themselves didn't sell a GVR4 kit and they are not listed in the Prothane catalog range). Whether these distributors simply have not bothered with making the kits up anymore, had complaints about suitability between models, or possibly even had consumer confusion with the larger V6 Galant VR4, who knows? But whatever the reasons, they've since disappeared off our internet search engines and we need to get a record of what part numbers were in those GVR4 kits!! 

Wade (VR42LT) has volunteered to take some measurements of all his oem GVR4 mount inserts. They are currently not installed in the car which makes the job a hell of a lot easier to do :thumbsup:   

OK UPDATE: (ALSO SEE ATTACHED PIC OF GVR4 MOUNTS)

1. Front Roller Stopper (the mount in between the radiator and the engine block) 

Confirmed this mount to have an 70mm inner diameter with a 40mm inner thickness.

The part number for this is a 13-506

2. Top Engine Mount insert (the big engine mount next to the timing belt cover)

Confirmed this mount to have a 90mm inner diameter with a 50mm inner thickness.

The part number for this is a 13-503

3. Rear Gearbox Mount (the mount at the back of the gearbox against the chassis rail)

Confirmed this mount to have an 80mm inner diameter with a 50mm inner thickness.

The part number for this is a 13-501

4. Rear Roller Stopper (the mount nearest to the firewall under the intake manifold)

I have confirmed this mount to have a 70mm inner diameter with a 40mm inner thickness.

The part number for this is a 13-506

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Thumbnails

• 13-501 Mount Modified.jpg
  • 1G Prothane Kit.jpg
  • OEM Evo 3 Transmission Mount.jpg
  • GVR4 MOUNT INSERTS.png

Edited by EVO-00X, 04 November 2014 - 12:40 PM.

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Powder coat your engine mounts and crossmember black, put the new inserts in and they'll look a million $$$ :)

Attached Thumbnails

• Mounts_001.jpg
  • Mounts_002.jpg
  • Mounts_003.jpg

EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

kessen

kessen

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationPerth, Southside

You should probably go the solid OEM Ralliart type mounts from Meek if you want a less harsh experience at idle with lumpy cams, but I like the feeling of sitting in a car that feels like its ready to rumble ;)

With the Meek bushes, are the inserts for the engine mounts actually genuine? As the description is saying otherwise
"Top Engine Mount Insert (Aftermarket) Hs60- EVO1-3"
Do they still sell these OEM Ralliart mounts?

Name: Sherman

Current Car: 93 Evo II

EVL20T

EVL20T

AWD 4G63T POWAH!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Im pretty sure all Ralliart items are discontinued, plus i wouldnt touch normal mounts anymore, unless they are solid

Those mounts are harder than OEM but they still have the holes around the centres which in my opinion is a weak point

Edited by EVL20T, 30 September 2013 - 06:47 AM.

------------ 4GTUNER STICKERS - CLICK HERE ------------

EVL20T3_zps8f8e63a1.png
------------------------- 4G63T AWD COUPE -------------------------
----------------------- WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET -----------------------

kessen

kessen

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationPerth, Southside
I don't want to transfer too much vibration through the car, which is why I'm leaning towards the mounts with the gaps to them, as to my knowledge, that's what they're there for. I'm keeping away from straight urethane etc. and trying to stick to rubber, even if the rubber are solid they're a bit forgiving at least.
Name: Sherman

Current Car: 93 Evo II

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
If you want to keep replacing them all the time...they are the ones for you.
Im over replacing them so Im going to try something else.

DOUGMO

DOUGMO

yoni lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

just ordered one of the torque solutions ones, we will soon find out if they are the same I guess

GENUINE CE9A evo2 gsr track car
all fabrication BJP AUTOMOTIVE
winton 1:27.4 /// sandown 1:21.5 /// phillip island 1:49.2 /// haunted hills 59.1
/// eastern creek 1:35.4 /// winton short 1:01.4

roadblaster

roadblaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPerg

please send me the p/n for this GVR4 kit

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts

I also have these mounts. They are very good. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users