Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rebuild 4G93T or look for a 63T?

- - - - - 4g93t 4g63t rebuild

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationPerth, Balcatta
Looking into parts for 63's and 93's at the moment, it's damn near impossible to find anything for either motor online (Evo 3 and earlier 63t), and I'm trying to decide whether I put some money into the spare 93 that's oiled and glad wrapped in the shed, or look for a 63t from, well who knows where... At the moment I've got about 2 grand on hand and enough accessories to build the 93t. I get the feeling going down the 2.0L path will result in a lot of $$ for incidentals and ending up costing way too much :wacko: , anyone had experience with this? If so, what do you recommend? 93 or 63?

BMGTZ

BMGTZ

Grumpy old man from the school of hard knocks

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Locationsouthside of perth WA
I recommend the 63 ...but it will cost more than you think it should, as you are right about the "little" bits adding up.

modify the front of the exhaust to meet turbo
needs passengers engine mount changed
small amount of rewiring
cost of sourcing the engine with all the bits
ac will need to have new pipes as the ac compressoe is on the opposite side
will need to find an evo oil cooler or buy and make an after market cooler kit fit

to do this swap....it is best to have a front cut.

BRIAN
Black evo 1 full road rego and done properly/legally

I have heaps of parts...but never the one I need.

EVL20T

EVL20T

AWD 4G63T POWAH!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
My mate has a forged 6bolt 63T for sale, ported head with oversized valves, HKS 280/280, KU Engineering intake mani, bigger TB, the works

Been out of the car for a couple years, currently sitting awaiting for a buyer to say they'll take it, then he'll send it to his tuner to refresh it up with new bearings and seals

Wont be cheap though, i'll say around 5k
------------ 4GTUNER STICKERS - CLICK HERE ------------

EVL20T3_zps8f8e63a1.png
------------------------- 4G63T AWD COUPE -------------------------
----------------------- WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET -----------------------

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Dear Jack,
Good morning.  We have the front clip for EVO3, and EVO1-6 and other models in stock, in good condition and pressure and run tested.  We can work with you regularly and ship to Australia.  Here is the offer, valid while stock last, please confirm soonest possible while stock available now.
1. DC2 TYPE-R B18C MT HALF CUT - USD3600
2. R33 RB25-T MT HALF CUT - USD1800
3. R32 RB26 GTR HALF CUT - USD3300
4. EVO 1 4G63-T MT HALF CUT - USD2900
5. EVO 2 4G63-T MT HALF CUT - USD3150
6. EVO 3 4G63-T MT HALF CUT - USD3700
7. EVO 4 4G63-T MT HALF CUT - USD3000
8. EVO 5 4G63-T MT HALF CUT - USD5800

Thank you
Nicholas
Mun Lee Auto Parts

Got this a little while ago. Prices may have changed. They ship from singapore.

Edited by jack of all, 14 August 2013 - 10:47 PM.

4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

EVL20T

EVL20T

AWD 4G63T POWAH!

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
^^^ plus shipping, plus customs, plus import duty, plus quarantine

------------ 4GTUNER STICKERS - CLICK HERE ------------

EVL20T3_zps8f8e63a1.png
------------------------- 4G63T AWD COUPE -------------------------
----------------------- WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET -----------------------

BRUSHED

BRUSHED

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGisborne
To many headaches with building a 93. I've done both and 63 is by far easier to get parts for

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

To many headaches with building a 93. I've done both and 63 is by far easier to get parts for

Yeh that does seem to be the problem, there's bugger all out there for the 93t. Only problem is, i can't find any e3 engines in perth, and I'm not to sure about buying interstate/importing because you can't be sure about the quality I guess. Haven't done anything like it before so I have no experience in the department either

Dear Jack,
Good morning. We have the front clip for EVO3, and EVO1-6 and other models in stock, in good condition and pressure and run tested. We can work with you regularly and ship to Australia. Here is the offer, valid while stock last, please confirm soonest possible while stock available now.
1. DC2 TYPE-R B18C MT HALF CUT - USD3600
2. R33 RB25-T MT HALF CUT - USD1800
3. R32 RB26 GTR HALF CUT - USD3300
4. EVO 1 4G63-T MT HALF CUT - USD2900
5. EVO 2 4G63-T MT HALF CUT - USD3150
6. EVO 3 4G63-T MT HALF CUT - USD3700
7. EVO 4 4G63-T MT HALF CUT - USD3000
8. EVO 5 4G63-T MT HALF CUT - USD5800

Thank you
Nicholas
Mun Lee Auto Parts

Got this a little while ago. Prices may have changed. They ship from singapore.

Yeh that seems pretty consistent with what I've heard, I emailed a guy in KL who deals with halfcuts and he said about 4k for an e3 halfcut because they're in such high demand atm

My mate has a forged 6bolt 63T for sale, ported head with oversized valves, HKS 280/280, KU Engineering intake mani, bigger TB, the works

Been out of the car for a couple years, currently sitting awaiting for a buyer to say they'll take it, then he'll send it to his tuner to refresh it up with new bearings and seals

Wont be cheap though, i'll say around 5k

That sounds freaking great, and I'd love to take it off his hands, but I'd probably only be able to come up with half of that, and my whole car is probably only worth 5 or 6 grand :wacko:

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
aren't Lantra (or some Hyundai) 2l twin cams the same engine? Only what $150 Evo pistons $100 turbo $300 front pipe $200 ecu inj afm $3-$500
Either way its around 1000-1500 for machining alone and around another 1k to put new pumps belts gaskets minimum as well so it adds up quick

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Sonata 93-99 are g4cp. 6bolt. No oil squirters, no forged pistons.
I have a short block in perth if you are keen. But I would just go pull one yourself, complete.
Get a awd flywheel, and Bmgtz lantra engine mount. Job done.
Could even run low boost on a little turbo on the na pistons if you really cheap

4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.

BYBY5L

BYBY5L

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
what about the 92-95 elantra, do you know if its a 6 or 7 bolter?

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
i tend to disagree on the no parts for g93 sentiment malaysia has shit loads of 4g93 parts. just recently the 4g63t engine swap was made illegal for them to do so the 4g93t market has taken off.

they've got forged pistons rods cams right up to 280 cam gears fuel rails intake and exhaust manifolds most anything you need.

but i will agree building and getting power out of the 4g63t is easier

yes it's me KHUBNER

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

i tend to disagree on the no parts for g93 sentiment malaysia has shit loads of 4g93 parts. just recently the 4g63t engine swap was made illegal for them to do so the 4g93t market has taken off.

they've got forged pistons rods cams right up to 280 cam gears fuel rails intake and exhaust manifolds most anything you need.

but i will agree building and getting power out of the 4g63t is easier

Yeh there is quite a bit of stuf on lelong, bits and pieces for satrias and other protons. Saw some JASMA 272's for about $400, but not too sure on the quality of that stuff, anyone ever used malaysian parts?

And I've heard about the elantra stuff, but not too keen on putting hyundai bits in the lancer. Might be too much trouble with rego/insurance, with the engine coming from another manufacturer you couldn't really claim the swap as a 'manufacturers option'

Edited by 3VOLUTIONIST, 16 August 2013 - 12:42 AM.

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts

what about the 92-95 elantra, do you know if its a 6 or 7 bolter?

They were elantra worldwide but here in aussie they were lantra up till 2000 ish.
1.6 g4cr, 1.8 g4cn are in lantra. Sonata had g4cp 2.0. They are all dohc and 6bolt.
G4cs is single cam 2.4 6bolt. But accepts dohc head. It has the 100mm crank to build a stroker 2.0
$300 for full engine here:
http://item.mobilewe...Id=161082184894

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
Aussievr4 has some engines in perth too. Get one and a awd flywheel. Woo hoo

And the gt30...
And, and and.

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Aussievr4 has some engines in perth too. Get one and a awd flywheel. Woo hoo

And the gt30...
And, and and.

It never stops does it :D

I think I'll just stick to looking for 93's and 63's instead of trying to make something from hyundai parts, thats a bit over my head I'm afraid. And It's probably better to have a genuine mitsu motor in there anyways

BRUSHED

BRUSHED

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGisborne
Over in Malaysia is where I got my parts from but still a headache having to get parts from another country, there was only a couple of things in Australia that were available. The time it takes to get here is a pain, there's such a bigger market in Australia for the 63

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

They have parts over there because of their proton.

3vo doesnt want hyundai parts but is happy for proton bits. Bwahaha.

At least I am putting mitsi parts in a proton (oh and hyundy and gm and ford. Lol), not proton parts in a mitsi.

Well aren't proton parts more compatible then hyundai parts? Thats the impression I had, or am i missing something here...

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Just having a dig mate.
I will delete it

Ohh ok
I just didn't get the joke then :D

With the hyundai engines, how can you run boost in an engine that was designed as an NA??

Evo-00x

Evo-00x

4G63T AWD CC COUPE

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationNewcastle
Get a 4G63T and buy your parts online from the United States.
Too easy to spend $$$, but you can save a bit by shopping around.
Usually price up something on EBay, look at other online Workshops and Stores and see what their prices are, then make an informed decision.
Try to keep your orders below $1000AU including shipping or you will regret it!! If its over $1000AU including shipping you have to register as an importer in Australia, pay GST, pay Tariffs on your purchase plus admin charges.
You'll be looking at around 30% extra in Aussie asshole charges if its over $1000AU.
No need to buy in bulk, get a little here and there every couple or so weeks apart and put aside parts until its time to use them.
AWD. 2 Litre. GTX3076R 0.82.
330kw atw @ 28psi 98 pump fuel.

372kw atw @ 28psi E85 Flexfuel.
EVOLVED AWD COUPE
WWW.EVOCOUPE.NET

3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Aussievr4 has some vr4 63's he may be parting out, so now I'm looking at what I'd need to do for one of those. So far I gather that I would need a passenger side engine mount & CV bearing/shaft, I would be able to use my 93 gearbox, clutch and pressure plate but would need a 63 flywheel (6 bolt?) What about the ECU and aircon? I've read that I lose my aircon if I do a vr4 swap :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users