Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vehicle: Mitsubishi galant vr4 jspec facelift (1989)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Locationwestern australia
Name: Mitsubishi galant vr4 jspec facelift (1989)
Date Added: 08 August 2013 - 07:03 AM
Owner: croket
Short Description: eagle rods , wiseco pistons , acl race bearings , cometic head gasket , balance shaft removal , ported head , 272 BC cams, cam gears , upgraded springs , stainless valves , gtpumps exhaust manifold , gtpumps 20G turbo , 3" dump pipe , 3" exhaust , aspec intake , 70mm throttle body , 2.5" cooler piping , 560cc injectors , PLX wideband , Avc-r bosst controller , saas oil pressure and oil temp gauges , chipped ecu , 055 maf , ali radiator , Exedy heavy duty clutch , lightened flywheel , Eibach springs and bilstien rear shocks , customised front mitsubishi shocks have been inverted , possibly by drummond racing. Heaps more small stuff.

View Vehicle

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
How much boost are you running on this. There is plenty of potential once that gearbox is sorted
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
running about 1 bar for daily but anymore than 1.3 and im almost 100% duty cycle on the injectors so time for the 720s soon. Plus im getting an annoying boost spike in 4th not sure why... But we did a log and pulled a bit of timing out on the weekend,getting a knock count of 15 or so in 4th when boost spikes. So gotta sort that issue out.Then injectors and remap for them,was offered a box today for $400 in the end after rebuild id be looking at grand plus id say , plus im at risk of my workplace shutting down soon so wont be able to do build just yet but ill have my spare box to get built up when funds permit.

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
finally got a gearbox today thanks to aussievr4 , motor is reasembled with new manifold gaskets , bolts nuts replaced all on the turbo side of things. throttle body ported to intake manifold new ceramic exeedy clutch and pressure plate , also installed oil temp sender and did some general tidying up in the engine bay , ill be back on the road by next weekend yay !!!

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Couple of pics from recent work still being carried out and my little shed buddy !!!

Attached Thumbnails

• engine and gbox.jpg
  • engine bay.jpg
  • engine out 2.jpg
  • engine out 3.jpg
  • glant mate.jpg

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW
Good stuff man....Kermit looks well fed!
[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Yep there is plenty of bugs to munch on around my area, got motor and box back in last night so this week will be conecting it all back up and methodically checking every plug pipe and clamp so ill have no issues on start up

Attached Thumbnails

• in.jpg

Edited by croket, 08 September 2013 - 12:41 PM.

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Car hopefully goin to be ending its duties as a daily start of next year , current plans are fit quarter master twin plate if it doesnt sell and have my wm35 box built with locked centre diff and tight rear lsd. Also looking into caging the car , weld in half cage with bolt in front ill be trying to get it up to 280 kmh in the 1000m roll on drags at anti lag next year. Engine wise all i need is bigger injectors a retune and water meth injection so i can pump 2 bar into it. Ive done so cleaning up to the body fitted my RS front bumper and pinstriped the chrome body moulds blue. Logs we converted show HP to be in the region of 320-380 so im guessing around 350

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

couple of pics of it now next to my mates completed GTO

Attached Thumbnails

• street.jpg
  • hpi1.jpg

evo-gsr

evo-gsr

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,379 posts
  • LocationBuddhist Temple NSW

That GTO looks mad.

[qoute name="BMGTZ" post="331212" timestamp="1467451744"]I don't know anything ...
Trust in the master of taxis.... He will set you straight[/quote]

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Oh it is mate , itll be good for 550 awhp on the little turbos and 800-900 when they get upgraded to dr750s it will be a full trim 10 second street car.

These things are no light weight either quite a heavy car its so far made 421 awhp on 15 psi with a conservative tune plenty more left in it ,

fully built engine and drive line very very fast car mate.

I did the repaint on it , it use to be nsx orange pearl

TRQ-STR

TRQ-STR

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

I did the repaint on it , it use to be nsx orange pearl

Great work with the respray, it looks fantastic!

----|VR4 4G63 RS|MicroTech lt8s|TD0625g|Ported & Polished Head|HKS Front Mount|3" Exhaust|----
|Coilovers|Swaybars|VR-4 2pot Calipers|TP rears|Evo3 Master/Booster|Evo 3 front bar|Side Skirts|Rear Lip|

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Great work with the respray, it looks fantastic!

Thanks mate , 6 months of weekends , lunch breaks and after hours work to get it to look that good.

Had to removed the first 2 resprays that were on it and done very bad , took more bog out than i put back in to it !!

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Been a fair while since ive had to do work on my vr4 , so ive got a 1.2 bar billet actuator coming and will be tunning it to that and leaving the engine at that apart from maybe a fiddle with the cam gears to get some more vacum at 3.5k rpm and to get a later spool on the turbo to help highway fuel econemy. Ive also got a e3 mechanical lsd going in soon with full rear cradle swap to my spare with 4ws delete and whiteline sway bar with ebc green stuff rear pads. Then ive got to rebuild my tailshaft before the unis let go !!! After all this ill be taking it to the dyno for some power runs hoping for atleast 350@wheels. Then do some track days and see if i can get a mid 12 at the drags when i get my ce lancer coupe regoed for a daily that way i dont have to worry about breaking stuff and not being able to get to work.

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Just installed actuator and took it for a boost only seeing 13/14 psi not 18 , checked the spring and its 18psi spring so now its off to hunt boost leaks YAY !!!!!!

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Fixed my boost leaks and now holding a perfect 18psi , now i need to log it revise the tune to chuck some timming back at it and hit the dyno and maybe dial in the cams. Now its no longer my daily it will be seeing the strip and track soon

CLuTZ

CLuTZ

Diamonds are forever....

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,120 posts
  • LocationMelbourne VIC

Nice work mate! I bet you're itching to turn the wick up! Who's doing the tuning? How much boost are you planning on running to get you to your 350whp goal? One of my old VR4's managed a 12.5@109 with 270hp at the wheels. That was with 18" wheels and heaps of stereo gear too.

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Ill see how much 18psi gets me , current tune is for 24psi but maxed the 560s out and dropped boost back down. So now its running bugger all timing and a rich tune. My mate tunes for me go on a logging run and tweek it on his laptop , im looking at 850 s and a 455 wally pump to run 28 psi on pump fuel i have no doubt my 350awhp will be surpassed with that. If i make 300+ as is and run a low 12 ill be happy for now until i get carried away with it hahaha

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
So 720s picked up for a good price from here , logger coming from jamo.

Boost will be upped to 22 and see how injectors handle it , if they go ok ill cap boost off at 24 psi.

This should awaken it up some more , then ill tweak cam timming to get a earlier spool as i never really rev it to high.

Then after all that is done ill strap to a dyno and see what figures i get then take to a woopass wednesday and try for that low 12

croket

croket

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Logger in the post , 720s just paid for and now my box is fucked !!!!

Its grinding severly into 3rd thinking of putting some super thick oil to see if it helps.

Now just gotta sell the wifes old car to buy Mos box !!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users