Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

W.T.B vr4 coil overs

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Vr4perth

Vr4perth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPerth
Just wanting to know we're to get vr4 coil over spring set up cheep.

New to 4g so pleas don't remind me that I'm a nob lol

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Ross Cox

Ross Cox

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBrisbane...Northside
http://bc-racing.com.au/

If you just want Springs, King Springs on the Gold Coast here in QLD.

Ross

Edited by Ross Cox, 13 May 2013 - 07:40 PM.

Vr4perth

Vr4perth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPerth
Hey mate thanks for that but I'm runing kings ATM and I'm in the air lol very high still :)

ChrisVR4

ChrisVR4

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationHorsham
I have K-sport coilovers in my Galant.

Try them

batanga

batanga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Locationadelaide
when I was looking i came across teins made to order, not sure on price tho haha.

http://www.tein.co.j...oducts/spd.html

dat16dog

dat16dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationaustralia
Ive got a set of ohlins from an evo 6 (i think) that come with spacer plates to fit VR4, have to drill the stubs to evo size to make them fit,
had them in my VR4 rally car for 1 event but were a bit to low for Gravel rallys. were more for track work.
PM me if your interested.

syco_rvr

syco_rvr

Lethal People Mover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
ive got BC Golds in mine and you can really slam it out if you want :) nice ride too depending on how good your roads are i suppose

here is a pic with them in, can go heaps lower but i was getting too much guard rub so raised it a little (wheels are 17x9 12p offset so that doesn't help my case either lol) smaller offset wheels will tuck up and under no problems

Posted Image

Edited by syco_rvr, 15 May 2013 - 09:15 AM.

Current Rides
1996 RVR 4G63T 256HP on 12.5PSI Sleeper - best 13.06 @ 102mph - WRITTEN OFF :(
1990 Laurel RB20DET untuned fun/track car
1990 Galant VR4 - NEW TOY
1990 Cefiro Manual on 18s run around

Dean_Vr4

Dean_Vr4

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSunshine Coast
I got Hotbits coilovers in mine, I like them but they are expensive.

1991 aspec Vr4 - RS Vr4 4g63 - td05 16g - 510 injectors- haltech ps1000 pnp - walbro 400 pump - custom exhaust manifold - hotbits coilovers - alot to come :P

bazeng

bazeng

Gday maaaate

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
Hot bits here also

Vr4perth

Vr4perth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPerth

Ive got a set of ohlins from an evo 6 (i think) that come with spacer plates to fit VR4, have to drill the stubs to evo size to make them fit,
had them in my VR4 rally car for 1 event but were a bit to low for Gravel rallys. were more for track work.
PM me if your interested.

Really keen mate.thanks a lot every one really feel the love in this page
Dissent think any one
Would even
Reply this is the best place for a new 4g63
Fan to be 100%
:))

Vr4perth

Vr4perth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPerth
I want to up load photos to show you the vr4 but seems to not want to work lol -__

Vr4perth

Vr4perth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPerth

ive got BC Golds in mine and you can really slam it out if you want :) nice ride too depending on how good your roads are i suppose

here is a pic with them in, can go heaps lower but i was getting too much guard rub so raised it a little (wheels are 17x9 12p offset so that doesn't help my case either lol) smaller offset wheels will tuck up and under no problems

Posted Image

Nice vr4 ^^^ :) thanks for you advice

dakiller

dakiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
I got DGR coilovers, after finding a post on here of someone looking between them and something else, as these were looking quite good value fo money.

I ordered them from http://pbbrakes.com/ but looking at their site, it has changed somewhat since I ordered 18 months ago.

Doing my regualr ebay peruse, I found them listed here as well - http://www.ebay.com....3db92850&_uhb=1

I got 8kg/6kg springs in mine, and I daily drive it. Wouldn't want to go any stiffer than that for a daily, but for handling around the twisties, it is pretty good.

I think I paid a little less than the ebay price there, but not much lower, shipped directly from their Taiwan factory.

They aren't the best you can get, but they've held up to the abuse that I've given them and I think they are quite a credible budget alternative to look at.

hy_

hy_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPerth
Can also recommend the BC BR coils with 8kg/6kg spring rates.

Put a set in a few weeks ago and have been pleasantly surprised - plenty of adjustment and very streetable. Has brackets for brake lines so was plug and play (may need to fight with the rears a bit depending on ride height due to length of the brake lines).

I see your in perth also - Was able to get them shipped here for ~$1200 in about a week from Garage7 which seems pretty standard pricing. Justjap also had them in stock for about the same price.

Dont make the same mistake as me and assume because out of the box they are visually ~25mm shorter than factory that the ride hide will reflect that! The front ended up higher than stock and the rear about the same due to spring rates (rookie mistake!). Save yourself some time and set them up off the car so only minor adjustments are required :)

Vr4perth

Vr4perth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPerth
Thanks for all the tips guys! Really want to go as low as I can because that just me I'm used to low cars and I want my vr4 to be low.still haven't found any thing in my price range but ill keep looking :)

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Take the springs off your struts and take them to fremantle spring works. Tell them how much lower you want them and pick them up next day.
Refit and love it low.
Cant remember the price but maybe $100 for all 4 springs...

4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

Vr4perth

Vr4perth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPerth

Take the springs off your struts and take them to fremantle spring works. Tell them how much lower you want them and pick them up next day.
Refit and love it low.
Cant remember the price but maybe $100 for all 4 springs...

Thanks mate might have to :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users