Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

vr4 knock sensor

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

xjokux

xjokux

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
I just got the car on road but since for awhile the knock sensor always come on upon idle.

- Start car, engine light goes on and off.
- Comes back on few minutes later and stay on.

Ecmlink detects it as knock sensor malfunction.

I've tested the knock sensor with a voltage meter and I get readings from knocking it. Its also new. If anyone kindly with a vr4 like to test it on their car to determine what effects it does if any.

I've got a 4g61na loom and added wires. The knock sensor from an existing vr4 loom. Connected to Pin 9 and shielded wire grounded to ecu.

Running 4g63t with 280 cams

Edited by xjokux, 21 April 2013 - 09:34 AM.

1991 CB Lancer GSR. Fully restored. Forged vr4 motor. FP Manifold. 20g. 38mm Tial wastegate. 3" Punishment Racing dumpipe. FIC 950cc. Ecmlink.  Koni inserts coilovers. Evo 4 brake setup. Sprint 15' Harts racing. 280 cams. 4g61 inlet. Evo 8 Throttle body. 

1995 SSG RVR
2014 ASX Diesel 4WD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users