Welcome to 4GTuner
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

8" wide rim on cc gsr

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
Now that I've finally fitted my adjustable coil overs and raised the car up from the height it was at with king super lows I'm now wanting to give the car some stance! I have 17x7 +38 on at the moment and wanting to put 17x8" koya drifteks on. Has anyone managed to make these fit on a gsr and clear the rear trailing arms as well as not get pulled up and defected for having rims poking out past the guards? I'm kinda thinking to make it work I'm going to have to go widebody?? And I can't really justify the expense of that or get new rear trailing arms??

Ian91

Ian91

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationPomona, Sunshine Coast, QLD
Here is a pic I saw on eBay, the add says they are 17x8, not sure on offset

Posted Image

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
why not ask?

looking at those front guards looks like genuine evo kit though

yes it's me KHUBNER

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Here is a pic I saw on eBay, the add says they are 17x8, not sure on offset

Posted Image

Yeah I saw this pic too and this is just the look I'm after. This is an Evo 3 tho so I'm not sure if there is any difference in the rear trailing arm setup in an Evo. I know I can fit them on the front not a problem. With the rear though at present with a 7" wide rim and a +38 offset Id be lucky if I had 6mm between the tyre and the rear trailing arm. If I tried to steel say 3mm from the inside I'd have an extra 22mm of rim to accommodate on the outside therefore I'd need an offset of around +20 ???

86psi

86psi

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationTownsville
I'm running 18 x 7.5 with 42 offset and can just get my finger between the trailing arms and the tyres that's with 215 wide tyres and they sit just inside the guard
evo III rs 10.8 at 135mph

New set up coming

DOUGMO

DOUGMO

yoni lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
to give you a guide for fitment a 17x8 +38 has only 3mm inner clearance to the trailing arm

GENUINE CE9A evo2 gsr track car
all fabrication BJP AUTOMOTIVE
winton 1:27.4 /// sandown 1:21.5 /// phillip island 1:49.2 /// haunted hills 59.1
/// eastern creek 1:35.4 /// winton short 1:01.4

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

to give you a guide for fitment a 17x8 +38 has only 3mm inner clearance to the trailing arm

Is that rim clearance George or tyre as well? In light of what your saying then I'd prob be leaning towards a positive offset between 32-35 with a 215 tyre unless this is going to poke too far out? I'm guessing there is no difference between Evo and gsr rear trailing arms? The car pictured is a genuine Evo 3 I've already made contact with the shop. He didn't have a clue if gsr was the same as Evo so I didn't want to buy some hoping they would fit

DOUGMO

DOUGMO

yoni lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
trailing arms are the same (for clearance)

yes thats just rim so with a tyre it will be very close, in saying that if your only running a 215 it might be close to ok.

32-35 will poke out a bit for sure

GENUINE CE9A evo2 gsr track car
all fabrication BJP AUTOMOTIVE
winton 1:27.4 /// sandown 1:21.5 /// phillip island 1:49.2 /// haunted hills 59.1
/// eastern creek 1:35.4 /// winton short 1:01.4

leadfoot

leadfoot

• Moderators
  • 3,429 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
i wish i knew the offset of my 15" rims with 215's on them they cleared just fine but they were i think a 7" rim but the 215 didn't come close to hitting or poking

yes it's me KHUBNER

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
I have 7.5 on gsr front fenders. Mind are real close to touching inners and pretty close to poking as well. i think you will struggle on the fronts for sure.
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

I have 7.5 on gsr front fenders. Mind are real close to touching inners and pretty close to poking as well. i think you will struggle on the fronts for sure.

By inners are you referring to inner guard lining? I've picked up alot more clearance by going to an adjustable coilover setup. I can clear the inside anyhow as the drifteks are available with Any offset between 15-42 do really the only concern is trying to keep the top of the tyres close to flush with the guards. Strangely they do the driftek in an 18"x7.5 with an offset range between 20-50. I once fitted 18's to a sw20 mr2 and found that the car became "over-wheeled" and didn't handle as well so I'm not sure that's the way to go

jack be nimble

jack be nimble

master of none

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • Locationperth sor. 20 mins from brians place
Yea the inner liners. but they will be close to touching chassis rail at full lock as well. sure coilover will allow bigger wheels but unless you reduce the lock they will still touch the rails when parking
4g93t jumbuck conversion. PRANGED 18/3/12, CHECK MY MEMBER RIDES Page 11. no serious human injuries.
ON THE ENGINE STAND. g4cs 2.4l + Gt35r. PLUS: auto conversion + Awd coming.
thanks for parts and help: BMGTZ, EVOCPE, cwolf, Benozi, Jamo-GSR, 1JUM2NV, RXVII..much appreciated, cheers guys.
Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. —Enzo Ferrari
REMEMBER: you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

ONPSI

ONPSI

10 second monster

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
http://www.rimtuck.com/setup/view/1205

Edited by ONPSI, 11 April 2013 - 08:47 AM.

FORBIDDEN PERFORMANCE
0433 245 136
Rides:
'95 Genuine Evo III - 310kw - 11.2 @ 129mph SOLD
'95 Lancer GSR - 340kw - 10.8 @ 129mph SOLD

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

http://www.rimtuck.com/setup/view/1205

Thanks mate your a legend!! All the info I need. Looks like I'm gonna need Evo guards

ONPSI

ONPSI

10 second monster

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
:thumbsup:
FORBIDDEN PERFORMANCE
0433 245 136
Rides:
'95 Genuine Evo III - 310kw - 11.2 @ 129mph SOLD
'95 Lancer GSR - 340kw - 10.8 @ 129mph SOLD

pad4g63

pad4g63

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationSydney
I've had enkei tarmacs which were 17X8 +35 with 215/45/17 and they fit nice and flush on the back and have clearance. I have also squeezed on 16x8 with +30 with 225/45/16 and u really need to work the rear guards but the fronts fit no prob with evo guards.

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

I've had enkei tarmacs which were 17X8 +35 with 215/45/17 and they fit nice and flush on the back and have clearance. I have also squeezed on 16x8 with +30 with 225/45/16 and u really need to work the rear guards but the fronts fit no prob with evo guards.

Cool! Any ideas what sort of negative camber your running?

Hypo

Hypo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
If you are only going to run a 215 tyre why don't you just run a 7.5 inch rim or do you want a stretched look?

I have EVO V rims on my EVO II and with a 215 tyre I have taken a hammer to the rear inner guards.

Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

If you are only going to run a 215 tyre why don't you just run a 7.5 inch rim or do you want a stretched look?

I have EVO V rims on my EVO II and with a 215 tyre I have taken a hammer to the rear inner guards.

The rims I want are only available in 8" wide minimum. I really like these wheels on the Evo 1-3 shape. I think my speedo would be out to much if I went any wider than a 215 plus I have them already and I quite like the stretched look

romeo

romeo

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationLiverpool NSW
sorry to hijack this post but anyone got pictures of what these rims or similar rims would look like on a gsr?
http://a248.e.akamai....jpg?1335541355
http://www.1010tires...ck_lg_super.jpg
http://sphotos-g.ak...._26655368_n.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users